Gathering and Logging XP ideas

Morning!

When I look at the current xp changes it made me think about ways to increase other xp up to mining’s level, since it will be the new goto for levelling. I was trying to think of a way to help equalize gathering and logging to become even remotely similar. As it stands gathering is possibly the worst xp in the game besides exploring. But I think it could be brought in line fairly easily if we add in “seams” to the wood, foliage, dirt and meshed plants.

These seams don’t have to be anything crazy, they could just work like the current seams for ore, but for bark, sap, berries, etc. Make them have decent xp bonuses, because the seams are really what make mining good xp. An extra 12xp for a sap seam and 24xp for a bark seam would greatly increase the xp gained by being a lumberjack over time. Same with the seams for the extra drops in the dirt for diggers.

Now meshed plants may be more difficult since they are not blocks, but we could also make a passive multiplier for them based on the planet level that only applies to meshed plant gathering.

Anyways, just a few ideas. If you got any more, toss them on.

8 Likes

I also like your trunk seam idea as an alternative to farming thousands of mud/trunk/growth at a 7% drop rate or whatever. Oh and I think foliage would look pretty when it has a visible starberry seam. Edit: Would help new players too by making all resource gathering use the same metaphor. Rather than some being visible seams and others being invisible loot rolls.

Another good one I saw in the patch thread is someone suggested making region discovery XP go up based on planet tier. This plays nicely with exoplanets to create a steady new XP stream for exploring and surface gathering.

6 Likes

I like your region spent idea. I was confused while filling in atlases some world regions have 100 so others only 50 xp. I cleared all atlases currently in game, and not even a trophy for it.

2 Likes

No kidding. I got what was it, 100 xp from navigating an entire planet? It may have even been a t6.

I get more than that for killing a single mob!!
(That’s right, right? Or was that changed too?.. either way the xp we get from everything is way too low)

4 Likes