Gathering Epic EXP PLEASE

Exploits what exploits…:shushing_face:

1 Like

I used to love those priceless commercials :rofl:

I feel the devs have it in the list to be fixed correctly. I definitely don’t feel what they do is lazy in anyway. We have a great game to play and enjoy and take our minds of the real worlds problems we all may have.

1 Like

No, I don’t think the devs themselves are lazy, it’s definitely a bad bandaid if that’s what it is. I could come up with a few solutions if necessary, why not disable gathering exp in beacons, why not track them for a day or two to make sure they’re not being abused if they are being placed in a beacon, why not (fancy) tie it to exploration so the more you explore the higher the experience you get when you gather?

2 Likes

giphy

Also this is me just trying to edit XML files with notepad++

4 Likes

Didn’t like the change, but there was an exploit (or at least a massive amount of cheese).

1 Like

I love seeing timescales and expectations of how long things take from non-developers :joy:
If things were all that easy, we’d all be game developers instead of players lol

What type of plants are you gathering? and is it that you are getting no XP for gathering, or too little compared to time spent?

6 Likes

30min to get level for action that can be easy automated sounds kind of slow.

2 Likes

They mean gathering using the epic, so no exp at all. Yes, you can then take those plants and bash them for orbs/lamella etc and get the exp, but if you intend to keep them as decorations you get nothing.

2 Likes

Why don’t they have it give less xp for placing them multiple times like it does for building blocks. If I lay down tons of gleam and brick. And then remove it. And then place it again. And then remove it. You don’t just keep getting XP, why can’t that same concept be applied to the plants??

2 Likes

Like Sarius said, I use the epic, so I get 0 exp from the plants, I might kill a few enemies here and there and get some exp but I also end up dead half the time. I have an exo shop at DK Mall so I gather quite a bit and if I’m lucky people buy stuff.

My understanding is that’s where the portal came in, plant everything and gather it, run through portal and repeat, and it would still give exp.

Ah yes, I see - I’d forgotten about the epic. Yeah that is an issue then - it should definitely reward something for the effort there.

It sounds like it would then have to have 2 separate data entries for XP - one for gathering with the epic, and one for smashing and breaking it to get the contents. I’m not sure that would be a quick fix, which may be why it’s not been addressed yet.

What? Notepad++ is the greatest

1 Like

It might be but my code changes aren’t always

1 Like

So why doesn’t the portal trick work with building blocks and mining? Or does it? Just confused about why it would work different, in both cases your placing and re mining blocks. Why would one be exploitable with a portal and the other wouldn’t?

This is how it used to be. It really was removed due to mass exploitation. I didn’t even know and stumbled into a friends purpose built room for placing and re-harvesting travelers perch.

And when I say “stumbled into” I mean he had a sign over the portal saying “level farm” :man_facepalming:

If you place/farm enough blocks, you do.

1 Like

And the next video they usually make is “whaaa! Why did I get banned?!!”

If you ever find an exploit in a game or any software, you should report it to the devs.

2 Likes

But seriously though, there’s plenty of ways to get even more XP than whacking harvested plants even via the old “exploit”. I think it’s time to bring it back.

2 Likes

Nope disagree…mine craft still has old ones…man no sky still has tons.ark .Conan… ect some of the guys I watched 10 years ago still making videos…maybe glitches is a better word than exploits.

1 Like