Getting bumped by invisible wildstock?

That’s the best way I can describe it.
As I am placing a brick over water and walk forward, I get bumped to the side, then bumped again into the water.
A friend was helping me yesterday, in the same area, and had a similar issue.
(PC player)

2 Likes

It happened at my hunt last night on delta, someone solidified a patch of water near the meteor, once the meteor was completed, ppl started getting thrown left and right, i died twice, no mobs in view.

Invisible mob? Delta is haunted by a oortergheist?

We vacated the area and the phenomenon didnt happen again

4 Likes

Maybe it’s how the devs vent their frustrations with us lol

It does seem to be only in certain areas - or maybe it’s a certain block combo like water+ice nearby or near a meteor that’s by water?

2 Likes

Ill have to try and reproduce it tonight, too bad my sis wasnt there, i couldve shared the last 30 min of the ps4…

But in our case it was ice at same alt as the water, the pushing was strong enough to kill those who landed in the trees or on the meteor

Yikes…so yall are both on PS4?

Besides getting “bumped” I also get zoomed or yeeted forward quickly sometimes. This usually happens around meteors. I just assumed it was due to all of the activity and things going on around it.

How you describe it, it seems to be some chunk lag.

I was there when the tragedy happened. Bunch of us got pushed to dead by nothing multiple times

1 Like

This happens to me when I’m placing my water for irrigation on farm.

I’m standing below when I place it, then get scooted to the side when the water reaches me.

I assumed it was just a weird physics effect, where a little bit of water touching my char from the side caused me to shift over a bit, instead of flowing round my feet.

I guess those bare feet lose all their grip when water touches them!

2 Likes

Whoa there! I have a new controller and was already starting to think something was wrong with it! And quite a few times I’ve looked around me if I could see something that was causing it.

1 Like

Welcome to why the Wraith hasn’t been released… they had a new idea for a Christmas Ghost Wildstock from the Past to teach us about our wrongs…

All of my drivers are up to date so I don’t think it’s them, but is it possible there is something in regards to mapping for controllers that could be causing this issue?

When I WASD, it doesn’t seem to happen. When I plug in one of my Xbox One controllers, it happens. :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe you need these guys?

Or possibly these guys?

3 Likes

If it happens again, would you be able to submit a game log just after it occurs? The log might be able to show what’s going on.

1 Like

I got this, just once while mining on Galan. It bumped me down a chasm I’d made :laughing: and no mobs in sight…

Does the hunter have stealth mode lol?

Edit: I’m also ps4, I see a pattern emerging

Yes it does

1 Like

If i am completely honest don’t know if something changed. But normally i have huge problems on GO but the time spent the past two days (working on my winter build) there is no other way of saying it but smooth not even a network peep. I am on Ps4 (EU). Had to switch back to my old controller because it looks like my expensive “new” on is broken (random action madness) so I already adjust for the potential walking forward.

Your “bump” looks like with meteors. The moment enemies spawn and all you can do is wacht the mountain where you can’t get away from.

Random action madness to or not as you are ps4 player to?

Yeah am on PS4.

Have noticed tho that it indeed most of the times feels like I have been hit by water and that it happens near water even tho I’m not actually in it or close by enough. As if the game miscalculates some physics from nearby water or something.

I’m on PS4 and I get bumped by the invisible Wildstock from time to time.:joy: Although sometimes they do just come out of nowhere. What I have noticed off and on is while placing blocks while building it takes a moment for the block(s) to appear.

Well except for the bump now and then (on hocus while dodging laser or pulse from “cuttles”. The random action madness (chiseling, block placement, hammering) must be that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:controller already is broken. There goes my money down the drain again.:wink: