Giant Meat (fullscreen item bug)

OK so this happened to my firend @cowking ok so you open your inventory when loading the game and EVERY inventory item is like 10000% bigger than it should be. There is a quick fix - reload the game.

Please can you stop live patching the game and just wait till the update???

I don’t know what sort of live patching you’re talking about.

I haven’t had a single boundless update in weeks, yes I play the live version.

2 Likes

well i am on about the live patching which allows me to ALMOST play at full GFX on a 460 ti optimization which happened at some point this week… i am on about certain server stabilities which has also happened this week - i am on about the exact same bug that i myself in the UK and my friend in Texas and another firend on the west coast has experienced today - so the devs/game is definately doing SOMETHING! and we in brittan call this live patching how ya like your surprise?

or what about when certain people want to turn right but ernd up looking left which i have enver heard of before?7

1 Like

There is no live patching. There is cache corruption etc. that can cause such artefacts, you don’t need to be that loud about something that you only suspect is happening. You need to chill a bit. Last update was in May.

3 Likes

the thing and it is just today/ yesterday i want from being able to have full grafices to having to play on the lowest setting now and i have been expering problums in the game that have not been their girent meat blocing my screen but not just meat it is any item that you pick up.

Yeah that happened before, it’s called a bug, in this case a known bug.

3 Likes

and you asir need to chill your beef mate im not a friggin dev and do not know code and as you can see @Spoygg this is deff happeneing so your no dev leave me alone and people stop Frigging nubbing me for being myself so

Those seem like updates not based around Boundless and more based around the things you use.

• GFX, could be attributed to a GPU driver update. I’ve had the same GFX experience, no change.
  • Servers being more stable, it could be your ISP or the company running the boundless servers improving their servers.
  • That bug you presented, can easily be avoided. For any game I’ve encountered, if there’s something loading, just be patient and wait, generally having any sort of interaction with the subject in the matter will cause problems.

Mentioning half truths or interpretations does more wrong than benefit. If you don’t know something be sure to be clear about it, if you’re only guessing from what you know, be clear also. There’s plenty people reading the forums and only mentioning stuff with no explanation, can get wrong information spread out there. Just like it happened with the people stocking up on a rumor. Devs had already been asked at that point about what will happen, and while their responses were not 100% on the clear, it was explicit enough to let us know what James confirmed days ago.

6 Likes

Well there is this thing called decency :slight_smile: Stuff can be said in different tones. @Dzchan94 answered you polite and informative, no need to be aggressive :slight_smile:
I’m no dev (on this game) but I can look in file system and see the last modified date on game files.

3 Likes

One more thing and I’m out of this topic, what triggered me is

Devs on this game are really really careful about what they put in live version, and I very much appreciate that, I don’t like someone calling them out and creating toxic environment without no reason at all.

Second thing is that I appreciate everyone’s time, especially guys such as @Dzchan94 who contributed greatly to this community (I’m not even close) and again don’t like seeing someone calling him out and creating toxic environment. And he again answered you with useful info, kudos to him!

I don’t understand why you think anyone is “nubbing” you, everyone has been polite and helpful to say the least.

7 Likes

One thing everyone needs to understand about early access is the game is being developed, not has been developed. Nobody writes perfect code and many bugs don’t present themselves until under certain conditions in certain environments. If you’re going to play an early access game it’s best to play with an open mind about this and LOTS of patients for bugs and things disturbing your experience.

4 Likes

the glitch or bug whatever anyone wants to call it only happens on first loading up the game and it is a coding issue it sounds like the only thing that is confusing me is that it in only really happing on the west coast server’s same thing with the graphics when I get of west coast servers I can but graphics back up and run game as normal. the main reason that I even decided to bring it up on a form because I was the one that told blarney about it because I did not know who to talk to and I did some code ding when I was younger and this looks like a case dealing with the game booting up. wrong meaning it could be something like a duplicated loading sickens or something.

also, I was not blaming devas for doing live updates to clarify what I mean by a live update it is changing little coding in the game to fix something but you do not need to shut down servers to do it and it changes the game in such a small wall that it would not even kick people off the server. it would just slow it down then go back to normal speed. which can be down without anyone ever knowing it. blizzard dose this in wow sometimes. I was not mad at all it was just the issue over the fact that the giant items were something that I have never had happen and because there was no update the only thing I can think of is someone changed the code be it to fix an issue that was miner or something got deleted in the code that is making the problem happen but it changed the game in such a way that it did not change the operating or loading in proceed.
the main thing that it is effecting is the graphics of the game which could be a problem with the coding for the pic file because gameplay was not effected it is the imaging that was effected.

PS sorry about miss spellings

1 Like

7 Likes

i think that is what he was trying to do. is this not the place to report the bugs at if there is a diffrent place to report i will go there to report it

1 Like

The report was alright.

This was unnecessary and uncalled for.

4 Likes

Perhaps I should have made the “KEEP CALM” letters larger. The astute observer will have noted that I was replying to barneylee57.

2 Likes

Just to confirm, the Live version has not been updated. This could be a local GPU issue.

It might be worth checking to see if there is a new driver for your GFX card.

5 Likes

According to steam db live have not been touched in 2 months.

5 Likes

Testing has been updated every week or so, we hope to bring the testing version over to live very soon! :pray:

7 Likes

question for you Luke do you know what would be causing the giant item to happen it only happens when you first boot up the game and you have to quit the game and restarted it to fix it. not mad just kind of asking on behave of like 4 to 5 other people that are haveing the same problum on booting up