Give Us One Permanent Location Beacon

Micro planet with enough room for a house a perma storage.

Challenge accepted. You could run a farm of alt accounts. Build them all to 70k with your main so it gets the xp. Then cycle a different alt back in every week to reap the free loot for your main. It’s a long con but the longer you do it the more you get paid for the same one time set up since you can keep reactivating ever 3 months.

Only way to make it not exploitable is to make the reward worthless.

1 Like

Considering what a single miner or gatherer can gather in a few hours, if someone wanted to give Wonderstuck $400 to pull off this three month+ con I’d say for them to go for it.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s true…I mean if I fire up Boundless but the world is offline and I’m stuck in the Sanctum, I’m still able to see my inventory. Not sure about moving stuff around within the inventory, but I feel like I would have noticed if I couldn’t do that.

If you think of Sanctum storage as just extra rows of inventory slots, that you can only see and transfer between when accessing the Sanctum storage blocks, I think it ought to be doable.

Called gleam club

1 Like

Lol true there is gleam club, I just know this permanent beacon thing is less likely than winning the lottery, it would trash the universe, it’s more likely that they find a storage solution

1 Like

Honestly, devs have to pay for the server costs. IF you’re not playing, the only solution is to pay “rent” through gleam club. That way you’re not a real burden and you’re supporting the game. Even if you can’t play often. Gleam club stacks. So $50 for a years worth of protection, is not bad.

1 Like

Gleam clubs awesome, I totally agree

3 Likes

Just buy an improved or greater beacon which can last up to 6 months

1 Like

People have spent thousands on plots. One time $400 for a loot bag every week forever. Only way to avoid someone doing it is to make the return/welcome gift effectivly worthless. This is SOP is the mobile world.

I refuel beacons for AFK players, 1000 coins per beacon per month.

1 Like
1 Like

why extra inventory when u have inventory >.<

why permanent beacons for afk player`? cmon people cant u come up with something thought out?
i still have the stack of greater beacon fuel burning on all my beacons… thought about refueling, but theres still weeks in the double digits on them >.<

if u cant even afford to play until u have some better beacon fuel, and cant afford to play several months and cant get enough coin for some beacon fuel and cant ask someone to care for ur beacon… well thats the way to lose ur base, and u should lose it.

u still have ur lvl, ur characters, all ur inventory and equipment on ur characters and that should be enough to start a base much faster than a newbie.

actually i think even now everything important in my base fits into 1(!) character inventory

if u really love the game u would find ur ways to keep a base, even when its a temporary one, built out of ur inventory.

@PendragonTheNinja : u dont move ur base by carrying stuff like a donkey, u just build a portal and connect ur old base with ur new. moving done.

It’s definitely true - Your local machine also saves a copy of your inventory contents. The server also holds a copy of what items you have. The reason being is that if someone has managed to inject an item into the game whilst they are in the sanctum (it has been done and is possible), then the server needs to check those items match what it has logged for your inventory when you enter a world. If they don’t match, any erroneous items are removed from your inventory.

Now imagine that you have sanctum storage and it’s not instanced… you change some things around in your inventory, put some in storage, take some out. The server is not going to know what has changed and will just reset your inventory back to whatever the server has recorded it as when you were last in a world.

If you’re going to instance the storage, then you also need to be able to connect to a server, so that both your inventory and the sanctum storage can be updated to the server, otherwise it’s entirely exploitable.

1 Like

Adding items to your inventory while offline would be exploitable, but rearranging items in your inventory is not. On reconnect the server can verify the total item counts are the same, and then resync to whatever local arrangement the client provides. And I believe the game infact already lets you do this, I’ll try and test this sometime to be sure.

If the game treats Sanctum storage like additional inventory slots, then adding and removing items from storage locally is fine - the server checks that the total item counts are the same across both your inventory and Sanctum storage, and then resyncs to whatever arrangement the client provides.

exact!
or 5 minute farming per month -> 1 month.

if you really care about your stuff you can easy do this!

I suddenly understand why I can’t drink soup in the sanctum, why health regen doesn’t tick, etc

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I no longer think Sanctum storage would be a good idea, I realized you could use it to carry back extra stuff from mining trips and probably that’s what everyone would end up using it for anyways.

I still think it would be possible though, just not a good idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, this.

Sorry, but if you can’t take 5-30 minutes a month to refuel the beacons, that’s on you. You can do that during TV commercials.

Not the worst idea I’ve heard. I’d support it.