Give Us One Permanent Location Beacon

@all returnees: Just let me know when u are ready to appear in boundless again and i try to assist u getting back on ur feet.

Looking at it, reads kinda weird. But actually thinking about what you’re opting to do for people, is actually quite ingenious.

Like a lawn care service around these expensive lake house up here. They pay x amount each month, and their yard is spotless. Even if the home owner only comes up on holidays. all year round everything is taken care of. Even the shoveling.

I can safely say, that you have found quite a nice little niche in game that is beneficial for both and all parties, and shows the friendliness of the boundless community. Excellent job!

1 Like

I can, and will vouch for Shadesmar. This guy just forged me some really nice diamond hammers for almost nothing! (Traded hammers for mats) Definitely a guy I can stand behind on keeping his word!

Yup, the only hard part is the way permissions work you could potentially be in a position to loot their entire base but I would hope that’s a bannable offense. So I recommend sealing the door with blocks and having a beacon outside. Didn’t really start it for the money, had tons back then. It’d be a shame to let a base rot with 800,000 coins in the bank so may as well keep it going for only 12,000/year

Correct me if I’m wrong but it only lasts two weeks. And you can’t stack more than one and I’m not sure when the window is exactly to add more fuel but I generally wait until the two weeks are up. So yes. It is hard for me to remember to come back every two weeks to put a single block of fuel in. These past three months I have nearly missed it twice. Along with not being able to game here and there for good chunks of time. I have plenty of leaves to put in. Remembering to come back is the hassle for me. Yes there are options such as alarms or marking a calendar or putting in a reminder or not caring and sucking it up. That is not the point of this post. The point is that I’m less inclined to come back knowing that my wonderful base that I’ve worked hard on could just disappear one day with all the items I’ve collected and gathered. Why put more into it if it’s just going to disappear one day when I forget to come back one time, because I will.

Also, I know this mechanic has deterred people away from even considering playing the game as their stuff will disappear. Three of my friends whom I could finally play something with (own Xbox) ps4 to pc, they said it looks beautiful but the fact it isn’t your area to keep and build upon pushed them away.

Sorry for this long rant but your comment came off as aggressive and upset me.

find A guild and allign your settlement so they can see the beaconfuel first ask if they provide this service
to keep it fueled i remember in beta bases where fueled for half year and it was terrible for everybody
please dont make me go true that again
they also introduced gleamclub for that reason so there was an option to do it also its not very hard to go buy 10 16week beacon fuel and i dont see why you would not get in 5secs every 16weeks if ya own a pc

It lasts for 4 weeks.

Buy Gleam club. the beacon will last 180 days.
Or go to shops and buy more expensive feuls. stack them in your inventory and come back every 4 months just to fuel it.

We had a time where beacons where persistance. no mather how long you where gone. It was horrible since every player was looking for a nice spot. and many just plotted one piece, did the tutorial of beaconing it, table and a few blocks placement. And never returned again.

2 Likes

I disagree there is a “shortcomings” , I like the design as is. So 3rd option to implement = don’t fix what’s not broken. Just because a rare few few can’t sign in once every 4 weeks for 2 minutes and want to fight what the developers have created, doesn’t warrant a change.

No need to re-explain the complaint. It still comes down to the same complaint. And the majority still has the same answer.

Join the Gleam Club…I assume its like a subscription and will auto-renew unless canceled… Permanent Beacons… its only fair as the Devs need a cash flow to maintain and expand the capabilities of the hardware running the dedicated planets and such.