Giving away the Raxxian Sanctuary

:anguished: I don’t even have the cubits to get on that level

4 Likes

Dead game is dead. Sorry to see you go @Goblinounours but you and I are aligned. The devs have 100% abandoned this game for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

I know @jaidic is usually up for such a thing- but i don’t blame you. i’ve hit a point now where i don’t really see myself playing much longer either. the swords and shields now just feel like too little too late and doesn’t change my issues with lack of diversity in the game either…

so long and thanks for all the fish bud

12 Likes

Sorry to see you go. Hopefully we’ll get the furniture you want some day. And you’ll come back and make a new epic build. Until then. I wish you all the best.

@Jaidic maybe be someone who could preserve it? Though I haven’t seen him around much lately either. :cry:
Edit - it appears @AlexxChristo beat me to it. Lol.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest, I don’t think they have abandoned the game. BUT I do think they either mis-managed their communication, their priorities, or their team.

When I say Communication, I mean there’s no roadmap. I told James, IF they told us “we plan on making a drop of furniture/props/blocks by the end of 2021”, Malentir and I could’ve reconsidered leaving the game. He said nothing, so we’re leaving as promised.

As for Priorities, I mean that they’ve been working 90% head-down on Systems for about a year if not more, without a good content drop here and there aside from the usual seasonal stuff that’s fun for an hour or so. We still have one chair and one table, no ladders, no beds, etc.
Systems are important, no doubt about it. But you gotta throw builders a solid bone once in a while.

And when I say Team, I still can’t believe they couldn’t have ONE person working on adding props. Just non-seasonal un-interactive furniture/props to have fun with.

13 Likes

Honestly, a sad truth that also kind-of concerns me… I don’t like the very eerie silence.

3 Likes

Like I told @FireAngelDth, we haven’t done anything meaningful in the survival universe for months, and we used to be like # 10 in Raxxa’s Settlement Prestige Chart. I looked again a few days ago… we’re now in 2nd place because all of those who were in front of us (aside from Horizon City) have left the game (or maybe relocated to another world, which, to be fair, is what we should have done a year ago if we wanted to make a successful settlement - and if we come back, we’ll likely try to settle on a T6 world or something of the sort). That was a bit concerning.

2 Likes

This is patently untrue.

I haven’t built anything significant on Raxxa in over a year. You guys simply pushed me out. Horizon city hasn’t really budged in a long time either, it’s just hard to top all of that ‘gifted’ prestige.

I think @Rydralain has something nice coming along, too.

3 Likes

You can be ma Neighbor on Houchus when you get back (O.O) :cookie:

But side note Jaidic-chan prob be a good candidate to preserve your City he has the plots and has more gleamclub then me boop

2 Likes

Hey I would be down, would totally love my own city

3 Likes

:smiley: as long as it is kept intact really, I just had a walk around it earlier. loved the details, is fun little “mini” dungeon to explore bit by bit. Keep it as their mark on the world, of course if the next owner wishes to expand, then so be it ( in my humble view ) but let the mark of them still be the soul of the area. (yes I just found accidently hitting ctrl + enter submits :p)

1 Like

“Pushed you out” as in what? Do you mean you’ve stopped playing the game because of my forum discourse that was annoying you, or from us expanding in-game? I get that I’m annoying on the forum, but if you mean the later, we haven’t built anything significant on Survival since the Sovereign Update, and we lost roughly 1000 plots when Swarl’s section regened, so if anything, we lost A TON of prestige over the past year.

Could happen! Although I would rather settle on a world with nice green/blue foliage colors.

Also no god damn snow, dag-nabbit!

A likely scenario, if we come back, would be to keep building on our Creative World, Arajiel III, and simply open a Creative Bridge to whoever wants to have one. Some of you might’ve heard of Thoralem, Malentir’s creation.

I’m gonna keep it afloat for the forseeable future. My fear is that if a big furniture update comes along, it’ll be ‘too little, too late’, not enough to make us say “let’s come back”. If that happens, I’ll stop paying the world fuel. Let’s up any furniture update will be substantial enough.

3 Likes

… right… gonna need a hitchhikers guide to boundless, that looks good… should have explored that long ago :smiley:

2 Likes

If you want to explore Thoralem, here’s the deets :

2 Likes

found it, thanks :slight_smile: Whisky & Exploration for a while it is then

Well I do hope you guys return sometime, nicely detailed

3 Likes

No all I mean is, you finally built enough prestige to surpass me. This pushed me out of second, and into third.

I also took a long hiatus this year, and haven’t expanded my build in any significant way since early 2020. At that time you were third after me and the Blood gang.

I haven’t honestly watched how much you’ve gone up and down since then, heh. Just noticed a couple of months ago you had finally risen to second. I’m not salty or bothered about it, but what I am is tired of some agenda points being pushed hard by others, more than you.

A couple of large builds have left raxxa (for the most part) and moved to sovereigns. But your rise from at least 4th to 2nd over the last year+ has very little to do with anyone actually leaving the game. I wasn’t paying enough attention to know what happened as you made it from 10th or whatever you mentioned above. :man_shrugging:

Speaking of your forum discourse I did consider taking over the planet (in prestige terms) when you posted once that it was impossible for a solo player to take viceroy on a public planet any more, but I decided to take it from a T6 instead. I currently have just a little over 21m prestige but it’s scattered around several planets right now.

Give yourself some credit. I don’t disagree with most of your feelings regarding the state of the game, although I’m involved with a couple of active communities and if I’m not at the forum, I don’t see the game failing, I see it continuing to grow in certain areas. You have built one of the largest and nicest builds on a public planet in the first years of the game.

You’re number two on a home world right now because you persevered, not because others left. Maybe that’s a little “half full/half empty” for some but, it’s how I see it. If it wasn’t for a few “preservationists” you probably would have become number one some time ago.

1 Like

Well I’m sure both Malentir and I can confirm we were at 9th / 10th when we last meant meaningful changes to our build, which was in Summer 2020 (we moved to my Creative World in September 2020). If you compare the current state of the build to the video in my OP above (which date from May 2020), you’ll notice the place hasn’t grown, but shrank.
So clearly, if we went from 9th to 2nd position, it’s because people left Raxxa in one way or another by going to a Sovereign/Creative World like you said, by moving to a different world, by letting their beacon die, by reclaiming their beacons or by leaving the game. If you think nobody left the game, I’ll believe you, but I was told otherwise. :man_shrugging:

The only reason we’re still in Raxxa’s chart is because we actually worked so hard on our build design that we just couldn’t let it poof away like some common mud-house. But if it wasn’t the case, if we had made our prestige with just towers of machined titanium and gems or whatever the meta is to grind prestige, we would’ve reclaimed that months ago because ultimately, it wouldn’t have amounted to anything artistic.
If Boundless was a game where your beacon fuel was activity-driven instead of just an item you store by the hundreds to keep the place going forever even when you’re not active anymore, as long as you don’t miss the deadline… well our build would’ve gone poof in October 2020 or something.
So technically, we are preservationists, if that means what I think it does, since we are trying to preserve our build for the sake of it.

As for the whole “impossible to be Viceroy”, if I said it like that, it was hyperbolic. Of course some people can do it.
I still think it’s ridiculously hard to ‘dethrone’ some people when they have dozens of millions of prestige.
You have to be REALLY dedicated to the game to farm/grind enough to reach the level of a place like the Blood Horizon City.
Or you do what butt-face was doing on Biitula, which was basically Donut County in Boundless : connecting to smaller settlements which forgot to enable the plot protection to assimilate them to then be able to assimilate bigger settlements to keep growing until nobody could assimilate you. And then garner more hate from everybody by posting fake Lore threads acting like you own the world. :rofl:

Point is, if you use some meta technic, yeah, of course you can do it! But us, with the way we were doing things, slowly building a city one house at a time, carefully engineering its design, basements, sewer-lines, roads, docks, bridges, trying to figure out some set-pieces… I don’t even know how much prestige we currently have, but at the rate we were going, it would’ve taken us several more years (IF Horizon City would have stopped expanding).

I wish our biggest concern was “I don’t know what to build”. :sweat_smile:
To be honest, I regret ever building on Raxxa, because I think that was a pretty big road-block too, with how portals work, with blinksecs and all. Raxxa is basically a cul-de-sac in the survival network, being a T1 and all. We should’ve been near a HUGE capital like Eresho, or on a T6 where people would often come to mine. We weren’t making much footfall, so to keep buying tools, we were forced to sell a lot of stuff, which meant more farming/grinding. We were in a endless-cycle of boring chores. To us, the gameplay-loop stopped being fun a long time ago.
People loved the place and often told us “I would love to own a house there”, so we made houses… people said “oh they’re so cool looking, I want one!”, but weirdly enough, when it came to giving houses to people… nobody was there anymore… Even tried to have a Gleam-Farming world with a cool-looking public gleam farm! I was ready to dish-out the world fuel monthly, but nobody seemed ready to maintain even one 1x2 portal… so after spending a good week building a cool-looking farm, after looking for several weeks, I had to let it die…

What I’m saying is Boundless should require WAAAAAAAAAAAAY less maintenance from the players. It might be fine for some hardcore-ish players, but people like me and Malentir just can’t compete and will eventually be driven away.

6 Likes

Hmm this means that during the time I wasn’t watching (roughly june 2020 to feb/march 2021) there was some real dynamic change on Raxxa.

As regarding the emphasis on the term preservationists, it was a reference to a different drama. A case where someone was pushed to ragequit, and several people saved all of their builds that they could and just handed them off to the person who caused the other player to quit. With best of intentions ofc and so that “the builds wouldn’t disappear from the game”.

I am still salty about that :smirk:

It’s nothing to do with you except that if it wasn’t for this event, I would have been viceroy of Raxxa for some time before you would have taken it from me :stuck_out_tongue:

AFAIK though there’s no beef between you and me. And I’m also considering leaving Raxxa right now. But not Boundless.

3 Likes

AH, that I remember. I definitely remember one day just passing by and everything starting to regen everywhere, including the portal from my build to their city, which was the reason I worried and went there on foot.

Didn’t know the person who inherited the plots was the offender, I never looked into all of that drama. I don’t have a name in mind, but last time I checked, they’re still fuelling a portal from Horizon City to my portal hub, and they paid me 200k coins (the richest I’ve ever been in Boundless :rofl:) to build a Raxxian-Sanctuary-like tower for them (not sure if it’s still there, but it was fairly big), so that’s pretty nice of them.

1 Like

Naming & shaming other players is against the CoC. Boundless Code of Conduct