Giving away the Raxxian Sanctuary

im pretty sure i could keep them up and running :wink: at least my plan is add more portals and work on the area myself (lets get 1st rank) and expand with that same style and see what ill use it for im still working on my machine room but its near finished like at 70% (still got to sort perms for you) havnt gotten to it yet as i just visited once still lol hopefully i will have time tomorow

5 Likes

Let us know if you want us to help around to build/decorate. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah eventually I’ll take a look and try to repurpose it if host doesn’t mind mainly I would use the rooms only for storage and or machines for new players then I’d build stuff connecting to it for new player to build

A hitchhiker’s guide was something I imagined doing with Tigg’s Tunnels; Compass hub does the direction and distance part well, I’d just add location tokens to other sites and blurbs about what I found there and when. I see pieces of the ideas already in various builds so I’d just need to hook up the Tunnels to those resources and explain what’s there. This is all off in the future tho, the recreation and ice slide area under my DkMall shop is my main building thing now. I’m hunting my face off for as long as I’m in a semi-remission from postsurgical cut-nerve crazy nerve pain thing, this is the longest it’s been this good so maybe I’m finally hitting that ten-year mark they told me ten years ago about how nerve heal (ten days, ten months, or ten years). Etc etc. I want to do all the things basically so I live in a perpetual tumble down a flight of steps ;D

2 Likes

I started on Raxxa around that time too :smiley:

and thanks for the report re: your shop in Brown mall, I’m getting back to having more small stores again, better stocked than my small stores used to be

1 Like

Keeping the infrastructure up and running for a place, and not attracting so many glem-clubbed empty plot squatters that the place feels abandoned, are two enormous challenges for building grand visions on public planets.

The consistent emergence of new ideas, new ways to fashion an idea in the Boundless medium, is for me a big piece of the the lore I actively cultivate a sense of as part of my self-ensorcelling the immersion I love about the games I end up really into.

Tarranth asked me if I what–live in Boundless? and yeah, I have a real life grind I have to do—this wierd “adult” thing called “patience” and “persistence”–for the first time in my life if I want another round of the real life adventure and swashbuckling romance I’m accustomed to instead of finding contentment in circling the drain. I’d just gotten an apartment after a year of homelessness on the opposite coast from where my life had been and still takes up two storage spaces in. Comedy is my favorite drug, so as long as I keep laughing at these goofy circumstances I’m fine, but boy do I love having a rainbow glowing soaring architecture and little cottages and so on Oortiverse to go bonkers in.

I can’t remember why I meandered into blablabla so okie, toodles

1 Like

Awww. I’m the big white floating egg :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well I don’t know how much it helps, but I can offer about 5 ss of oort shards for the portals.

1 Like

Uh. Full disclosure, in all honesty, I think “:crown: THE FUTURE :crown:” sounds a bit weird for a city name. I might’ve argued for “RAXXIAN FUTURE” or “FUTURE SANCTUARY”. Sounds like it’s erasing a bit of the history and planet-patriotism by removing the whole emblematic “Raxxian” part.
Now all the places where it was written “The Raxxian Sanctuary” on the forum and on signs will feel disjointed.
Anyway, I’ll definitely miss the old name, but, eh, you’re the boss, it’s your place, I’m a commenter like anyone else, now. Have fun!

Still my thread though. Feels weird that anyone with the right rank can change your thread-title just like that and you barely get a notification. Nobody likes having things done to their stuff behind their backs, no matter how inconsequential that stuff may be, and if you know me, you’ll know I’m right in there on the front lines.
Mh. Am I getting salty? Uh. Sorry. So uncharacteristic of me. < cough >

Anyway, why do I care? I don’t see myself coming back to Boundless, right now. Gotta see if Monumental will manage to have things rolling before 2024, and what ‘better’ things I might be doing by then.
Spoilers, maybe a few things.

Happy holidays to all! Cheers!

i agree with you that THE FUTURE as a city name sounds odd, I already discussed it before the post
on discord, and came up with FUTURE SANCTUARY that was the initial idea really. so i will change it to that.

my apologies regarding the thread title changes i just did not want to clutter the forums I will change it back, remove the post and create a new thread for the new changes of the raxxian sanctuary.

sings and all will need changing.

good job on your project it looks awesome!

and to you too happy holidays bro

3 Likes

Thank you very much. You didn’t had to do that, I certainly appreciate it. :wink:
Plus, calling you out on the title change was too much from me. Seems I still get easily salty.

Sh** I knew I shouldn’t build there, now it just ashes, like many before. RIP Raxxian Sanctuary

(Joking :crazy_face: because the old title now gives a lot of people room for specualtion just as HOSTs past thread that his pc is broken)

Damn I did have a “excuse me WAT?!” moment.

:smirk:
Well a title change is sometimes good you know. Past threads always get a necro and people be like wth and see the first post and be like oh no! Not seeing the date. Until they scroll* down and realize it was all… illusion of the past :grin: like for real, if you get suddenly messages “oh what you quit” when the whole thing has been a year ago, that ain’t funny :laughing: but yeah, maybe better to close this thread as it’s completed?

1 Like

Yeah but that’s the sort of thing I prefer being done either by a moderator or by me after having been asked, y’know? Because otherwise, the title-change made sense and it could’ve stayed. I just prefer to be kept in the loop (which is what I should’ve said in the first place, but I didn’t because I’m a moron).
And I see what you did @Nightstar! < angrily screams while shaking his fist > Thank you, I appreciate it!

Funny you should say that, I was gonna add [OLD] to the title, then thought "wait no, that sounds like a Guild Name… maybe [OLD THREAD]? [DEPRECATED]? Then I thought “you know what, I should simply ask for the thread to be closed…”

And that’s what I’m gonna do right now! @majorvex Would you be so kind as to :lock: close this thread?
EDIT : Thanks!

The giveaway happened in May 2021 and the build belongs to @HOST

2 Likes

I am a Leader & I can moderate some things. I’m not a Moderator & not in the Moderator group though.