Glanzstadt is now open for testing! New Gleambow platform on Boori!

Better then people calling other people’s builds ugly :+1:

9 Likes

From the screenshots it looks nice. I’ll have to come check it out later. Don’t listen to the people who get away with openly shaming your build. It’s in poor taste in their end. Just keep doing you.

5 Likes

I don’t think build ugly. I apologise . I just dislike anything in the sky …but everyone is allowed to do anything the game allows them to do…

at the altitude they are going in, i doubt they will be noticed easy anyway

2 Likes

with the amount of hate I get debating economics on FB, this is nothing.lol

2 Likes

If they’re just portal exits, consider heavy use of glass. It will help with field of view anyways.

Boori has tons of sky stuff. I have noticed though, that many of the platforms there were low enough to grapple.

I tried an entire platform made of nothing but glass blocks (the new ones). It looked more blochy from the ground then regular platforms. I was rather disappointed.

3 Likes

I found a rendering glitch with plain glass.

This was pre-farming so I’m not sure if it still works, but I learned at the time that as long as you had one layer of glass over one layer of blocks, it wouldn’t render from a distance.

That thread shows mostly gleam but you can still see in the pic that it was working with wood and other blocks.

1 Like

I am all for good looking sky builds. I’ve built more than my fair share of spaceships and floating islands and know how much effort can go into making them.

1 Like

Just a suggestion, how about building towers to make them more appealing.

Something like this perhaps:

or designers and architects could collaborate to create a better template more suited for boundless

1 Like

Awesome job man :blue_heart: cant wait to try it out with ya

1 Like

The main problem is that on PS4 everything at max alt is a blob. Gigantic hot air balloons could work, but takes a lot of plots

@ratchel try plain glass blocks (the OG ones) they kinda fade away nicely

Looks great :slight_smile: functional and pretty at the same time!
Never understood what’s wrong with platforms, especially when you’ve clearly put effort into it to make it look good and help the community.

I’ve seen far uglier ground level builds than most of the platforms and no one moans about those lol!
Will definitley come check this out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well nothing beyond the base level of the exit other than the portal itself, should get you right into view of your meteor the moment you step through. just 1 plot

i have plans for sky tower settlements on sovereign worlds