Gleam Club Plus? Thoughts on possible additions to GC members

No not a joke suggestion. I do see where you are coming from in regards to the concerns of these recommendations. Though it has also benefited ESO quiet well from what I have read. This could bring a nice QOL for many people. As well encourage people to invest money into the development of the game. ESO charges $114 for a year subscription for the benefits listed, and that’s on top of the cost for base game and cost of DLCs. This as well most likely wouldn’t be something I recommend soon to happen. Later down the road when the player base grows larger and the game is developed more I feel it would be a great addition.

I felt this way originally. But after doing some reflecting following the GC signs thread (sorry about that btw, I got triggered there guys), I think this game needs updates, and more coders, and if GC plus is what it takes, I would hesitantly support it. Not unique blocks, and not an uber slingbow or anything. But maybe increased storage and run speed or free cubits or exclusive cosmetics etc. I want boundless to succeed, and if that’s what it takes, I guess I’m ok with it.

I have mixed feelings about ESO plus. But ESO is wildly profitable and I want Boundless to be wildly profitable too.

1 Like

A goofy suggestion but it fits with the other current perks, options to recolor spark link, grapple beams, beacon fires, bomb explosions, slingbow projectiles etc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Look, I don’t know the PS4 charts, but the Steam chart isn’t looking very “alive”.

3 Likes

I want the blue flame!

2 Likes

I’d pay for an alternate GC-only beacon design made of gleam. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh dear god. I wish I could unsee this.

1 Like

You have to remember ESO is on a whole nother’ ball park compared to Boundless. I dont forsee boundless ever getting anywhere near as popular, let along enough to justify this addition.

It is my belief that adding this suggestion would scare off more players when the game decides to advertise, doing more harm then good to the game.

Its no secret the games population is low, but im hoping with creative mode people will be able to program mods in that the devs can offical add in order to expand the game and its player population

I’m all for cosmetic additions to gleam club, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

How about reduced cost of guild buffs if the person refreshing the buffs has GC? This would benefit even the non GC members. And it wouldn’t have to be the guild owner with GC, just a guild executive.

2 Likes

So like a guild buff cost epic, similar to tax epic. I do like this idea.

2 Likes

Look, I don’t know the PS4 charts, but the Steam chart isn’t looking very “alive”.
https://steamcharts.com/app/324510

I mean… it would help if the game wasn’t so expensive to begin with… 40 bucks is a lot of money for a game that is barely known and doesn’t even get advertised, they do sales often sure but if I was a new player I would be more scared off by the initial asking price rather than the actual low playerbase or MTX.

I just hope they’ll advertise it soon enough… I’m growing tired of seeing this number dwindle with nothing being done to bring players in, it gets depressing and I avoid even looking at it, I get it, the game is not 100% features complete yet, but you can only delay marketing so much… at one point they’ll HAVE to do at least one marketing campaign with Square Enix if they want the game to grow

1 Like

Ok so some people are going to hate me for this one. If you don’t like this idea, don’t be mad at me, #blamejeff @Jeffrotheswell

But the ability to fly within my own beacons (or beacons where I have build perms), purely for building purposes (you couldn’t use it to hunt or explore) would make building way more fun, and would probably bring some big Minecraft streamers to boundless. I would be okay with this being a gleam club benefit if that’s what it takes to get flying power for building.

Slightly off topic here, but I’ve always wanted them to add end game gliders that could only be made from lucent gems that would essentially act like gliders from Guild Wars 2 to add a whole new depth to endgame exploration.

2 Likes

source%20(1)

Jetpacks!!! Powered by Oort.

2 Likes

I like the flying idea, though feel it would need to be a type of vehicle added to the game as a craftable item. Not tied in with GC.

That’s just a theory, though.
I can see how the design of the reward boxes is off-putting, as it looks like loot-boxes.
But honestly, I think the 40€ price-tag is already scary enough for most people.
The Steam Chart already show that the current method isn’t working well for the game.

A lot of people prefer to play for free. I’ve seen that in the Steam discussions for CV, where people were outraged to have to pay 20€ to get the Pro Account (which is a one time payment, while the rest of the game is F2P). Bunch a cheap-@$$ punks is what I’d call them.

Nobody here is arguing for the game becoming a legit Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Win.
We’re good as long as they don’t sell stuff like :
• Bundles of coins
• Pre-made prestigious blocks
• Pre-forged weapons

BUT if they were to sell the RECIPES for new prestigious blocks (which wouldn’t be easier to make as the ones we currently have, and wouldn’t be worth more prestige than the blocks we already have), or the recipes for alternate things we already have, but with different visuals, what would the issue be, really?
The sales of these blocks would support the game further. We already have a solid number of base blocks.

1 Like

Dance emote.

2 Likes

TBH, I’d pay for any additional emote in Boundless.

3 Likes

I believe it would have to be this one…

giphy

3 Likes

Honestly… I wouldn’t mind them monetizing the game further if they need the income, in fact I would be in favor of them actually doing that, because if this game is going to stay on the smaller scale when it comes to its player base, then might as well monetize it so they can keep the game updated and afloat despite the limited audience.

Hell… I would even go as far as to way that I would actually be fine with them monetizing the game to high heavens if it mean that it’ll keep the server up and new updates coming, but it would be as a last resort of course… EVERYTHING would need to go wrong for that to be considered imo.

But the first thing I try to do before that would be reducing the current price from 40$ to something like 25$ or even 20$ if it’s financially feasible for them, because both the high price point AND the punishing beacon system are the main reason why people don’t get into it or simply won’t stay

3 Likes