Gleam Club+

Because it already has enough value as is for many people and adding a feature like this imo would justify it.

Adding feature after feature to gc without one day increasing the price even by a little does not make sense to me.

Wouldn’t that, by the same logic, require them to increase the price of the game because they’ve add feature after feature to the game since launch?

Not the same thing. one can take any logic and apply it to another situation and say look, your logic is crazy, not all logic is for all situations. Besides im not asking for a 50 dollar increase, just a few bucks if portals are added.

I ernestly believe portals should be kept seperate from gc. Whenever the update arrives we will have compact oort for fuel. That fixes 1x2 portal fuel. 900 compact oort blocks can fuel a 1x2 portal of 1 blink for 10 years and 9 compact oort blocks equal the current max time of same portal.

If a free portal in some compacity is added to gc it looks like that would only happen after this update…

I would however like to see other things added to gleam club in general to spice it up. The last addition of dances felt appropriate.

I have to agree with you on cost, as I am also a ps4 player. Did some quick math to figure out montly cost:

PS+: $60/12=$5
Client: $40/48 (4 yrs of use)=$0.83
GC: $25/6=$4.16
Total: $9.99 per month.

From here on, that value is subjective per the user. I find that to be an incredibly good value for the amount of time I get out of it, but others may disagree…

I’d still be cool tacking on another couple bucks for some added (but agreeably NOT p2w) features, like limited portal maintenance :thinking:

2 Likes

Considering the state of the game and slow addition of new content. I wouldn’t be opposed to a higher priced gleam club. Sometimes I wonder if the pricing structure/shop in boundless is too fair.

Include all the base gleam club benefits
add 5% plot addition to purchases
add small bonuses to xp/drop gain
add 5% cubit gain per purchase.

No matter what, despite the lack of content for PvE variety and nothing new to mining besides the elusive lucent gems. I just seem to always come back! Why? Minecraft does not have classes, it doesn’t have skills, guild buffs, and this community!

While many may not agree with this…or others would get up n arms over this. It seems that boundless might need extra help to keep going. If this wasn’t the case, they why would the studio be focusing on an outside project?

In all fairness having to pay to join a guild, isn’t that not pay 2 win?

Considering the state of the game and slow addition of new content. I wouldn’t be opposed to a higher priced gleam club. Sometimes I wonder if the pricing structure/shop in boundless is too fair.

Include all the base gleam club benefits
add 5% plot addition to purchases
add small bonuses to xp/drop gain
add 5% cubit gain per purchase.

No matter what, despite the lack of content for PvE variety and nothing new to mining besides the elusive lucent gems. I just seem to always come back! Why? Minecraft does not have classes, it doesn’t have skills, guild buffs, and this community!

While many may not agree with this…or others would get up n arms over this. It seems that boundless might need extra help to keep going. If this wasn’t the case, they why would the studio be focusing on an outside project?

Unfortunately I think the price would need to be a huge hike to make a difference in real financial terms based on current player base as well as putting a LOT of newer players off with a two tier/pay to win vibe

I had a similar idea about 2 weeks ago…

Bleh … I think having any sort of pay tiers is silly. I like Gleam Club how it is personally.

since you replied to one similar thread Gleam Club+ i recommend closing this one, and keep the gleam club plus discussion on that thread, it saves the forum from clutter :slight_smile:

I tried :frowning: Says to contact a forum administrator after I hit the Trash Can icon.

just mention a mod like @Stretchious or @majorvex pretty sure they could help you with that :slight_smile:
since I mentioned already it should not take long then :+1:

1 Like

A few comments from this new thread were merged with this older one.

2 Likes

This sort of thing takes a bit of planning. They have to be added permanently at purchase, since we have had discussions here about paying for temporary boosts to plot count, and what happens if you get into a condition where you’re no longer eligible for that bonus?

Earlier in the game you could make your coin count negative and there have been discussions about mechanics like this where you could use a game mechanic to create a plot deficit.

The flip side of making them permanent at purchase is people who save up coffers and then occasionally pay for a bonus month, and open all of their coffers then.

Have you seen the complaints about P2W mechanics here?

P2P2W? Nice way to bump that plot bonus up to 10% though…

I don’t see this particular package ever going over here. I suspect something with a free portal would actually do better, even though a lot of people are against that, too.

Maybe something like, access to a cosmetic library or something like that, too. Things that don’t affect gameplay/game balance when you take them away or add them back again.

1 Like

People on steam complain about the purchase price…so either way more spending = more complaints from the looks of it.

Wouldn’t gleam club be considered P2W as its required to join guilds already at base capacity?

I semi-consider it P2W to an extent … but everyone has a different definition of P2W so…

In my eyes, Gleam Club and the fueling of beacons is technically P2W while really all it does is allow you the ability to fuel your beacon for free (Which I love) … it could be viewed as a P2W mechanic. I personally feel paying the Steam price along with Gleam Club is a little pricey I don’t mind doing it to support the game.

One complaint I had from a friend was the game seemed P2W for people that could afford multiple planets… my retort was … most likely those planets would have access for everyone.

Really though, is there anything you win in this game other than easier game play or time saved??

This has seen a bit of discussion, too. OFC you can’t get rid of P2W grudges entirely in any game that has ‘tiers’ or ‘bonus packages’ (optional subscriptions) or whatever.

There was some grousing about the guild mechanic as the more popular guilds filled up, however this can also be seen from a perspective of expanding the guild size for other players, too.

It’s definitely not as cut and dried as the notion of paying cash for experience boosts.

why cant we have potals that are in the same plot and in same chunk on same planet be free so we dont need all the stupid stairs

I think Boundless might flourish if it went F2P, but kept rental planets & GC. Similar games seem to do really well with this structure. Especially since it seems like Boundless is going more & more towards the MMORPG direction. (Just an opinion, not a fact.)

3 Likes

When some day update comes people would just stay more off from official servers because of extra services like this.