Gleam gathering location ideas

If anybody else has seen gleam like this, I’d like to know, because it is a first for me - I took the canopy trees simply because I like the look of them. Planet decided I didn’t have enough gleam and put it up there too! :rofl:

(That planet name getting changed soon, haven’t finalized yet)

1 Like

Paka…aka…the Gleam Whisperer :grin: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

There part of me tempted to replicate this with a corrosive just for kicks, maybe will do so later… if the devs aren’t all :man_facepalming: there now and tweaking their algorithms on this as we speak… :rofl:

Seriously, you all have to visit this one when I get the portal up, it is literally funny how much it is spread around here.

Are you selecting more biomes than it says, to get them to mix? ie: Select at least 4 level 5 biomes - chooses 6

Nope, kept it to the minimum. Combining the gleam lake with other sky ones seems to be key here for sure, though I’m not sure if and how much gleam spiral plays into it.

Actually, it might be tempting to try with more mountainous biomes - to see if the gleam can merge into an actual mountain (so easier to farm). As much gleam as I have here, really two spots are the ones jumping out as the best farms, many of them have some small gaps. Tons of regular gleam spheres, but for the larger areas.

2 Likes

I don’t remember if it was your pic, but someone ended up with big, chonky gleam pancakes in the sky and someone else got floating square mountains in the sky to mix with gleam. Is all of this most likely to happen on a T5/T6 planet, or are these mixing on lower level planets too?

1 Like

Hmm, the pancakes sound like one I ALMOST tried - something like Alien Spaceships? :thinking:

I think a T6 might be best since you can get a T8 biome (T5s don’t, IIRC?). Sky Pattern gives a good result.

Might be fun to try a lower level one, even without sky pattern might be able to get the result with others. There is one biome that exos sometimes have, and not high level ones always, that can spawn a LOT of gleam in underground islands. I’m still trying to figure out which one that is. That merging on Gleam Lake could be epic.

For sure what I’m seeing here is that certain biomes kind of meld together on each other. Trick seems to be getting the gleam spheres merged in with the ones that can spread it out a bit more.

Edit: Part of the reason I’m tempted to try again is, I think I MIGHT just do better even than this, not so much on the count but on ease of farming. If any others try to copy what I did here, please let me know! For sure, to sum up:

Gleam Lake + Sky Pattern + Flying/Floating (forget name) Foliage + maybe Gleam Spiral

1 Like

Ok, because I’ll get a lot of entertainment for my $10, I just did another. :slight_smile: Probably won’t keep it unless it is very special, but in case it is, did T6 Corrosive as an amethyst world might be nice, and they’re pretty. :smiley:

I took out Gleam Spiral, added in Alien Invasion. Took out the gleam lanterns. Left in Sky Pattern, Flying Foliage, and obviously Gleam Lake.

If nothing else, hope to unlock a few colors for you all! :wink:

4 Likes

Shadow Cerulean Gleam Farm
Portal 6 on Ultima Hub Kol Huroo

[Olympus] – [T6 - Fierce Toxic Sovereign World] – [Gleam-Shadow Cerulean] – [Active]

2 Likes

Results of latest experiment: Project Cerberus (new name of planet) :wink:

First - This will be scrapped, not the worst but could do better. But in the meantime, anybody wants anything, warp from Shedu, only thing I changed was the gleam, to Night Lilac. Because per 1st pic, RNG was all trollolol on ol’ Paka here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Colors mostly yellows and tans.

Second - Yeah, Alien Invasion mixed in works - possibly the best potential to mix with Gleam Lake for easy farming spots. :+1: I probably shouldn’t have put in Flying Foliage this time, because I had too many sky biomes, might have had more gleam otherwise. So I want to do just one more experiment here, leave that out, do Gleam Lake + Sky Pattern + Alien Invasion.

Here is what the results of this one look like… so, one more coming after this at some point (this really is a fun $10!) -

2449 2450

2 Likes

… Ok, when I made that last post, I hadn’t seen THIS yet! :scream: :flushed: Single biggest stretch of gleam I’ve seen yet. I may just grab a TNT Shedu portal for this if one is available, perhaps worth it to some of you to have a portal for the month I have this. Heck of a gleam farm!!

Interaction here appears to be Gleam Lake + Alien Invasion + Canopy Trees. I picked those for the next, so we’ll see if I can repeat it.

gleam5

8 Likes

holly cow that’s amazing!!!

1 Like

I’ve got googly eyes for that gleam color!!!

1 Like

What color?

1 Like

Night Lilac - Actually just opened a portal from Shedu! :smiley: Details will be in Gleam Sphere thread in a minute… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last experiment - for now. :wink: Maybe next month once these expire I’ll try a few more with different ones I haven’t played with, like the Floating Chaos one. It is endlessly entertaining, IMO, and I might not be able to resist doing another sooner, haha! I mentioned in the Gleam Sphere thread, but I had always sort of noted that there is a melding of biomes, something that is really really cool - results in so many potential new looks to areas. However, hadn’t really studied it close until now… I don’t understand the coding at all, but I can certainly appreciate and play with the results! Well done, devs, this truly is neat! :+1:

Anyways, after this one (planet Anomalocaris, warp Shedu, bright magenta and 1 month up), I’d actually say I might not do Alien Invasion again. It is all a gamble obviously and seems this one CAN get some good results… but can also mess up gleam spheres too, goes both ways. The deciding thing here is, it SEEMS (maybe not though) to be correlated to creating a very bad ground biome along with it - a mess of twisted trunks on the ground everywhere.

If I had to pick a “safer bet” to roll for a chance of neat gleam and cool looks, would go - Gleam Lake + Sky Pattern + Canopy Trees (forget the name of this biome). But somebody could easily do better messing with ones I didn’t try I’m sure! :slight_smile: Lot of fun to play with!

5 Likes

Have you tried combining more biomes at selection? I see most people saying to stick as close to the minimum as possible.

I won’t volunteer names but a certain very talented artist and builder from this game who’s advice I would very much trust is creating beautiful small sized worlds with 25 biome choices. He has found that all of the most interesting features occur where biomes intersect.

2 Likes

NICE!! :grin: Oh wow, would love to see what (I bet I know who it is, well, one of two people anyways!) is creating for sure!! Personally I am keeping it to the minimum, but that is because I’ve been going for the gleam and gems - I want the most of both of those as possible on my experiments, I don’t want to dilute the results (which I sort of did on Cerberus with the additional sky biome added in)… if I were to try a lower level lush I probably WOULD add in a ton. It is fascinating to see how they interact in on each other.

For me, it is a very well-spent $10 - hours of entertainment from it, plus possibly unlocking new colors and giving everybody a world to play with for a month. :slight_smile: Also knowing even if I put in the exact same parameters, I might have very different luck on the result! Too bad they can’t add some sort of “view” server where you could play with this thing and just look a the results for a day or so on each that you try… I suspect part of why they HAVEN’T given more detailed biome information is because it can interact so much. Someone might get upset if they get a biome pic, select it based off that, but theirs looks totally different because two other selections merged in to create something very different!

Thanks again, and very interested to see your results if you try it too! :smiley:

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist doing just one more… and this truly is last, especially as I may end up keeping this one. Corrosive with a better emerald count than a lot of Toxics I’ve seen, including my first, amethyst spots from the bit I’ve revealed look bright.

And though I’ve only explored a little, already found THIS… :grin: I’m certain the total must top the other one I posted. I haven’t finalized colors or named the world, I may do that later on. Will prob post it in the gleam sphere thread when so, with the color choice.

I added Floating Chaos to this one… so that, Gleam Lake, the canopy trees, and Sky Pattern. See a ton of spots around.

This really is it for me though, I need to stop, at least for the month… have fun y’all, and hope my experiment helped some of you! :grin:

From a distance -

Edit: Went with Night Berry (this is a different spot), thought I could use it myself…

4 Likes

Where is this one located?