Gleam gathering location ideas

A big part of sovereign worlds is harvesting and what better to harvest than gleam. However it seems to me that everyone will be adding gleam ball-z to there worlds as it is hands down the best gleam gathering spot.
I think to add variety, new biomes with equally good gleam gathering spots would be good.
For example there was a biome during EA on Elopore that was a solid vain of gleam that ran through a mountain or floating mountain range. I would add screenshots but I lost all of them due to a corrupted hard drive around the time of release.
I just want to say I don’t mind the gleam ball-z but they will get old fast if they are the go to in gleam gathering.
so if anyone can think of a good example of a good alternative gleam biome feel free to leave a description in this thread. @james i’m sure as time goes on you will be adding new biomes. Please consider adding some new gleam ones.
thanks… :smiley_cat:

Biome ideas
Gleam and ice spikes
gleam vain mountains and floating mountains
Caves with gleam stalactites and stalagmites

7 Likes

@bucfanpaka picked Sky pattern -T8 biome. I just bought another planet and picked that as well so we will see if my gleam spawn is as good as hers.

4 Likes

Reading that is what inspired this thread. I will keep a close eye on that but when I finally do buy a world I would like an alternative to gleam ball-z

1 Like

I picked everything that had gleam in it so hopefully there’s some other good ones we have just been avoiding.

3 Likes

I think we should have a “worldgen postmortem” thread, where everyone posts their “what went right/what went wrong” for thw biomes and profiles they chose. Preferably with lots of pictures.

4 Likes

The reason some people are selecting the gleam spheres biome is because it’s guaranteed to have decent chunks of gleam. There are other biomes that also contain gleam, but it is mingled with rock or has a chance of being a poor spawn altogether.

6 Likes

yha it just seems like there is only one sure fire option if you want awesome gleam on your world. would be swell to have a few more.
I for one loved x3 the old gleam veins. I used to think it was way to op to add after 1.0 but after seeing the gleam spheres really anything goes.

1 Like

You guys should build what you think the prefabs should look like and display them here. I think uploading prefabs to some github location was a thing before, maybe I’m thinking of another game…

3 Likes

Can someone make a gleam monolith biome?

With stuff like this in full or partial gleam.

monolith download.jpeg images.jpeg
mono2

9 Likes

2nd biome request:

Is anyone talented enough to make an awesome “world crust exploding biome”?

exploding planet 4 exploding planet 3 exploding planet 2 exploding planet

2 Likes

I would do it myself, but I dont know how to make biomes in boundless and submit them

1 Like

I did some biomes earlier. It would be nice to get some spec for what need to be included in the biomes to submit them.

Some tests:

And the GitHub:

2 Likes

I just bought another myself, trying the same thing again - Gleam Lake + Sky Pattern is what I think did it there, they appear to have merged in one area causing a massive amount of gleam in one area. :slight_smile: I’ll report how it goes - tested a couple other different ones that I wasn’t sure about too. To me, well worth the $10 to try, happy to support the game… and as I mentioned over there, my first of this type (T6 toxic), though beautiful, I ruined a good part of the planet with the Trench biome selection.

Anyways, if I manage to get the same result, I’ll be sure to post! :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL, yeah… take -

biome1 biome2

To get…

:grin:

Had this right near where I first warped in, might be better elsewhere. But it is basically the same as the other planet - border of gleam lake/sky pattern once again.

Stale red here, btw, not sure if new but may just keep the colors on this one for this billing cycle, since I’ve got the other anyways. :slight_smile:

Edit: Another pic… however, this time I’m going to see the whole thing before setting up the gleam farm, since it is a bit of work. But this spot will be it if nothing better.

Edit again:

Sorry, too good not to share… I’m surprised I didn’t break it… :rofl: And this is only a couple regions so far… (1st pic looking more at what is off in the distance by Houchus there)

3 Likes

Oh, there is one called floating foliage or something like that? TAKE IT!!! :smiley:

It worked out combining with the other two for THIS! :grin: :joy:

Edit: I also took Gleam Spiral, not sure if that played in here…

Edit: Hey, I see y’all’s gleam spheres… and raise ya a GLEAM SPACE WHALE! :smiley: (There is actually a gap with what looks like the head and body - 3rd pic - but it is massive, pretty sure I’ll set my first base up on the foliage island near by and set up a warp to there, especially as emerald looks good nearby)

9 Likes

Wow love it!

1 Like

Well now you have to make it into a flying gleam whale. With fins and tail

1 Like

Can some one with mad biome skills create a gleam cave that goes to max world height with massive full or semi gleam stalagmites and stalactites?

stal3 stal2 stal
stal4

2 Likes

Hmmm. I see what you’re doing here lol. Why not have someone re-create the dark glass squares biome with gleam instead :stuck_out_tongue: :smile: :grin:

1 Like

Ah, memories tunneling through Elopor’s mountains.

4 Likes