Gleam lighting

I know this hasn’t been talked about in a while, but I was wondering if the transformation chisel to adjust gleam light was still in the works?

I’ve been waiting on this thing wondering if it would ever come.

7 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about this lately too… especially because I had put in that suggestion to allow that tool the option to also adjust the light level of normal torch based lanterns!

1 Like

I believe the plan was to put it on the spanner, but im hoping it can be done on the beacon and/or plot level personally.

2 Likes

Yeah, at some point it was on the chisel, then became the spanner. I just want it to happen at some point. Been waiting on this for a long long time lol

1 Like

Talking about chisels and spanners, i think the boon should be able to be applied on both!

Options are good!!

Should be a setting on beacon also, for mass lighting adjustments

3 Likes

Yup at beacon level would be the only way I actively come back. No way am I going to hit hundreds of gleam with a spanner plus break floors,walls, and ceilings to get to them

1 Like

Personally I can see how this makes sense for some but then this would be a huge impact to any person that is trying to do select adjustments. If they can do both, then fine. But, the original design of individual selection per block is ultimately better because it allows granular control where needed.

1 Like

Tell that to the people who need to change hundreds of gleam per beacon and have hidden lighting. I don’t know too many people willing to destroy their builds to hit gleam and rebuild it. Be easier to destroy it and leave it destroyed.

In a perfect boundless world(the lighting wouldn’t have become doom n gloom) both options would be present. Or even just make it an option in the settings that only affects us. I don’t care what my builds look to other people. Just myself so it doesn’t bother me if they see the correct lighting or not.

4 Likes
  1. People need to understand that even for them a “beacon wide” solution might not provide them even what they want or even be feasible because of how the change might have to work for this. So more information should be obtained before just assuming this will solve the issue.
  2. As I said both options are fine but people that request this beacon wide feature shouldn’t expect another group to lose what they want either. So if they expect their feature maybe when they communicate it as a need they need to not remove the other options.
1 Like

I didn’t see any one expect the other option of single hitting gleam to not be a thing. Just that people want a beacon option as well. But maybe I didn’t read into people’s words enough

1 Like

On top of this my concern is will this spanner/chisel what ever be gated also behind forging?

2 Likes

Eek hope not, guess there’s space on the chisel or spanner under “lightness” lol. My dream is that they bring back ye olde light cube as a luminosity determination interface thingy or somesuch!

Or, you know, venerable forging on a stick where if you over-forge it you either get all your lights go out or permanent god rays all over the place. /s

4 Likes

The beacon/plot option would be cool with me as well, I just didn’t think it was ever considered by the devs, that’s why I didn’t mention it in my original post.

iNiCMZhjYeSvtYnqyl

2 Likes

oh your bad…just bad…:joy::rofl:

1 Like

Now this right here is an amazing idea! They already have the asset, so it’s just as viable an option as a forged tool.

3 Likes

Typically the path of least resistance is the easiest way to go so a simple Beacon control sounds best. I think it would be a good option. However if there’s a second option of using a chisel or spanner for the micromanaging enthusiasts I see no problems with that except in coding which I am not an expert. I have no problem with people that like to micromanage in their builds but see no reason to force people to do it either.

2 Likes

I agree with a simple approach and using least resistance as the option. But, none of us have proof on what way is the “simplest” approach – so we shouldn’t assume a beacon method is it.

We do really need something.lighting has some awesome things about it. But it just feels always dark. Even feels like its night time all the time. Days seem shorter than night and the color for me seems to of disappeared . It be nice to be able to adjust lighting to suite peoples imagination