Gleambow is go!

The one time of year we want less players! :laughing:

Don’t you all have things to do? Places to be?

4 Likes

Sigh… stuck at work for the first 5 days of the event. But hopefully a good thing and the mad gleam craze will be dying down by then!

6 Likes

Ill save you a sample of every gleam i get :slight_smile: if you dont get time to do it

1 Like

Oh I really do appreciate the offer but the event runs for like 2 weeks so I’m sure I’ll get plenty of time once my stint at work is over.

1 Like

Hope we meet at the battlefields of Boundless than :smiley:

1 Like

Haha! And this is what I love about the event.

Hope you all enjoy the event. I don’t know how long time it’ll last, as I haven’t been on today, but I hope I won’t miss it a second time!
Been having some mid-midlife crisis stuff going on, so I’ve been sleeping and struggling to get on the PC a lot.

Hope to hit it up with y’all before it’s too late, though. Sounds like it’s a fun event. Really want to see if I can’t get at least one of each Gleam color.

1 Like

How do trigger them
Like normal mentors?

Last year I wasn’t able to participate much.

I got a trunk meteor, a thorn meteor, and a mud meteor solo. The memory is a little foggy but two or three of those were before I was in a gleam one. I was also in a foliage one, besides a couple of gleam.

LOL I still have most of

the blocks. I’m going out to try my luck today though.

Yep run region to region and watch the sky. There’s a tooltip that will notify you if you don’t turn it off.

2 Likes

Ok so you don’t have to worry about discovering region’s it just random

They are region triggered like normal meteorites I believe.

There are some differences in the way they spawn, out at the edge of the region or maybe in the next one so you have to run a good ways to them. But triggering is the same.

Haven’t seen any answers to the question about block damage yet either.

Ok that’s wierd because I’ve triggered five region’s and I can’t see anything

1 Like

They’re on a cooldown so if you’re on a busy planet you may have to find an untriggered area.

I just found one that went dormant and turned into local gleam blocks:

I also got some growth from a dormant.

This is the ‘natural’ color of the planet but it doesn’t spawn at all so sort of bonus blocks :rofl:

Also found this bad boy:

I found a couple of “gleambow completed” still sitting around so I know someone has been in this area recently.

1 Like

Hmm wonder if my dormant one was glass blocks because gleam is found naturally on the planet I was on.

1 Like

You found a dormant with unnatural blocks? Glass I mean? Wow I didn’t think that was supposed to happen.

Someone left me some loot:

Still runnin’ lol.

EDIT: ooooh wonder if this would kill you :stuck_out_tongue:

yea I too saw 2 dormant with glass

1 Like

I lost a glass meteor on Grovidias. All the glass took the color of Grovidias’ gleam.

2 Likes

Ahh so that’s what happened. It was a glass one that took the planets gleam color.

@Nightstar the one screenshot wonderstruck posted of a gleambow meteor was a glass meteor

1 Like

AHA!

Yeah at the end they revert to the “natural” blocks of the planet they’re on. I suppose this makes sense, since glass isn’t natural on any planet. I can see the bonus block in this one was glass!

Also plenty of this so I know why I’m not getting any gleambows:

I’m going to take a break pretty quick and maybe hit a higher tier or try and find a less triggered planet!

The completed says “completed gleambow” but the dormants don’t so If you’re out running around go check out any dormants you see even if they don’t say gleambow. Also I got 19 minor fast brew for the hunting later along with the other loot.

It’s not all rainbows and gleam out there, if you haven’t done this event before. It takes some persistence. Have fun!

1 Like