Gleambow is turning me off of boundless

I still haven’t gotten a single popup, though I’ve started hitting some spawns.

I’ve tred for a while with the button saying “show tip on HUD” and for a while with “hide tip on hud” and neither one seems to cause the popup.

Is this one where the message is backwards describing the action the button will take instead of the condition it’s in?

Do I have to be the one who triggered the spawn even if it’s close to me?

I’m on pc and can’t even see the meteors half the time but others can.

P.s I can hear them not see them

@GrayFrequency yup not as good as the last one earlier this year. I have got nothing yet gave up in the end and logged out of the game!!

I remember the last one, and I was even a little frustrated with it then, since the timers were about the same.

Wow, I hope that when you go hunt for some Gleambow meteors again you get something…
It might help if they increased timers, and decreased gleambow meteor landing spot distance.

Something needs to be done there were 3 of us in a group and not even 1 got anything and they faster than me so disappointing :disappointed:

6 Likes

This is actually same thing as it was last year.

Some like blue some green.

Obviously if it is performance issue… i get it.

Then again… you can still do anything else you would normally.
I get you wanna participate but just saying .

4 Likes

For console players having issues… Are you on wifi? if so and if possible try to hardwire the console. Ive had issues with this in some other ps4 games and when I plugged the network cable issues were gone and I could play without any issues… I’m on PC for boundless so I cannot test this method… hope this helps my fellow Oortians get some of the gleambow goodies :slight_smile:

Yeah this event is simply much more challenging than most things in boundless.

There’s definitely a luck element involved and people land on both sides of that, so there’s good streaks and bad streaks, IMO. The randomness helps keep it mixed. I finally started getting some spawns then got mostly sponge and foliage meteors lol.

When the game is glitching out though it’s the worst.

No worries. Im on sponge and mould train myself too :smiley: .

1 Like

For any device that can be contacted via cable there should be an improvement in connection.
I connect my PC via cable all the time, using WiFi is not as effective

1 Like

I love the concept of this event but it totally punishes PS4 users. Imma just take a break.

1 Like

I have not been able to get oort since this event started im not happy all day i only got 2 oort stone

Are you pc? If you can see them, I’ll go get them, lol. You can keep the oort

I’ve lost a couple from rendering. I’ve lost more from them landing and me not being able to see the tail anymore, going through forests etc (my orientation skills are non existent and I often find I’m going round in a big circle on a planet :laughing:) … so whoever finds all those dormants on Imdaari and Grov you’re welcome lol!

1 Like

tried few planets today, wasnt able to get in time to any spawned gleambow… i gave up

Try increasing your chunk size? For me, anything below 8 is less than optimal and popping graphics start to happen. Maybe you have it on 2 or 4.

To be honest I don’t even think the JSON edits do anything for a live gleambow core.

I’m not sure if it’s the same for a regular meteor I never really noticed but I can see dormants that are far away on the other side of a gleambow and still not see where the gleambow is at.

Maybe they made some changes this time so that it wouldn’t work

Lol, tell me about it once a meteor appears everything becomes nebula for a solid 30 sec. Yesterday when I went out the first time I could not even see meteors, they were not rendered in properly lmao.

BUT I dont mind actually, have zero need for gleambow stuff this year and the new gleambow sunglasses are soo sweet :3

edit: and is it just me or was the gleam meteor timer set to hard difficulty again?

I have spent most of the last 8 hours doing this, and I have 1 (one) meteor. While the game tries to drop regular meteors on me, gleambows are almost all landing islands away. The few that have been close enough to reach suddenly switch to “completed” even though there were no character icons on the compass leading to it. There have been several like this, and I am watching all around me to stay out of populated areas.

They went to completed due to time I’m assuming. As the only way to really complete them is doing damage to the meteor and it would be missing more than half of its blocks

1 Like