Gleambow is turning me off of boundless

Nope. There are people there tearing them apart. I check them all.
If time runs out, they go dormant.

Ahh gotcha. I didn’t know if they said dormant after they failed and from your post it didn’t seem like any damage was done to them.

Meteorite size is exponential based on the number of players. So there is more loot in a team. Just saying.

7 Likes

Happy to clarify that.
I was excited for this event, but I think i am done. This has been pointless.

If the loot isn’t being pooled and split at the end then the person with the better skill tree and faster forged totem is the one that comes out on top. And you don’t know how honest someone is being when pooling the loot together.

So for myself solo will always be better in this event

2 Likes

This.
I’m not looking for the oortstone, gold, or brews.
I want the bright colored gleam. Period.
Since I’m not getting that, it’s not an event for me. (Obviously it is for some, but it’s a waste of my time.)

Edit: As I can’t compete, I am bowing out of the races.

From my perspective, it’s not something that’s supposed to be easy. If it was easy, it would be completely unrewarding.

Don’t expect to be completing many on your first attempts.

The first time this event came around, I was terrible at the start, we all were, because it was new. Some got better at it quicker than others, week done them! Better ability is more rewarded, as it should be.

Just remember, the more you do it, the easier it will become, you will learn tricks and techniques that work for you.

And you have a wealth of experienced players to help you with things they found out last time, we didn’t have that before and had to work it all out on our own!

I’ve found I’d rather just be alone too with this, but for the reason that I feel badly taking it from others, that I might take more than my share, and if it is friends particularly I might feel like I want to give them it all and just be cuttletrunk bait, haha. I’ve come across ones with others at them, and I’ll only take a couple whacks with those because I don’t want to take too much from them. :sweat_smile: I’d be happy to work in a team though if the group did do the pool then split thing, that seems the most fair way.

I’m having a ton of fun, myself - win some lose some, and I just love random loot like this. :smiley: As I said above, I’d just vote for an extension of the timer here to make it more accessible.

3 Likes

If you really want this to be more team oriented, remove forging from the totems.
It is possible to solo one with a regular gleambow totem, but it’s a lot more challenging. (That’s what i used on the one that I did get to and finish…barely.)

Or add random block drops to the loot box and gleam cuttles

3 Likes

What are u talking about. I want to forge my totem . Why if i have a plain totem its all of a sudden better for team playing.lol maybe you need a better team✌

1 Like

If I go out again the next days I ll do solo too. @BabyCookie is so fast that I get 0 loot if we team up, Cookie-chan is da fastest in BL universe \ ^_ ^ /

5 Likes

I think that’s the idea, so you have to run far to get them. If you see them before they start to land you just have to run like hell in that direction.
I’m pretty sure the timer starts when the meteor hits the floor, so when I hear the sound I start counting in my head to see if it’s feasible that I’ll get there :nerd_face:
With fast brews and long range grapples you’d be surprised how far you can travel in a short space of time lol!!

Floaty pies are awesome too if you don’t have the jump epic!

3 Likes

Ye that furia literally spawned next the the meteor once lol
(and im not so slow on chasing them, but Baby is insane)

4 Likes

Share your speed cookies with me :smiley: I’ll have a go at racing you @BabyCookie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

(^-^) I pretend the meteor is a :cookie: and I run as fast as I can (^-^)

14 Likes

I have noticed that i have fewer problems when i am not on home servers. Far less connection warnings and render problems.
I am on ps4 my self but this problem isn’t new.
There are complaints about this for several weeks now.

Still love boundless but I recommend to try an other server region to race.

What bugged me more last night was the frequency that a meteor fell way to far. And once you got there it failed and no other reds where visible on compass.

But that could also be a time of day problem.

I gave up in total frustration over this event. I don’t move fast enough to get anywhere close to a meteor when its come down. Also, the trail disappears almost instantly after it hits and I have a hard time finding the thing. The frustration I feel in this event and other things may eventually see me looking for a new game. When an event like this becomes stressful and frustrating, I know its not for me. I play to relax and enjoy the game.

2 Likes

i gave up too…
tried today morning at few worlds - xa frant, gyosha, bese and circa - wasnt able to get in time to any given meteor… not only me i think, i saw 3-10 ppls at every world and only dermant meteors, at all 4 worlds from like 20 dormantsi saw only 2 finished gleambow meteors so… probably lucky was that one who got meteors landed really close to him

1 minute to get to meteor landed at island at orther side of lava lake… impossible

it should be race with others who GET THERE FIRST, not race with time TO EVEN GET THERE…

4 Likes

A suggestion, based on some of the frustration I’m seeing-

What if the timer was kept the same, but only have it start it once a person comes within a certain range, and popped on the screen once it started (maybe with a marker on the meteor at that point)? That would keep the racing and competitive aspect, since you could have people coming from different directions to try to be first and quickest would start the timer, and there would still be a degree of luck on the ease based on terrain (not sure exactly what distance would keep the balance good I admit), but could make it more fair in that someone would always have a chance at it. Maybe still have them go dormant then after the regular meteor time if nobody goes for it.

3 Likes