Gleambow Racing Returns! Commencing 21st May

Question on gleambow timers: as I played yesterday it seemed like the timers on meteors were getting shorter throughout the day. By the end of the night I could never complete a meteor, by the time I got to them they were dead already (I got lots in the morning with 1+ minute left). Do the timers vary based on anything other than RNG? I’m willing to accept that I just got unlucky, but want to strategize if possible :sunglasses:

But I mean, thank gosh those timers started shortening on me. It was only the 10th or so in a row meteor dying as I approached that convinced me to finally go to bed yesterday LOL

1 Like

The more failed meteors the longer the timer gets. More successful the shorter the timer gets. Iirc

1 Like

So are timers based on who gets to the meteor first, or are based on who triggered them to fall?

And part two of that question: is that failure rate that the timer is considering based on my own personal success/failures with meteors, or the overall planet’s success/failures?

1 Like

It’s overall for the planet. And not sure how to answer the first part of your question. I don’t think I understand it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the first question doesn’t make sense then lol. Thanks for your help!!

1 Like

The times of gleambow do change! They are based of the “world timer” and “player timer”. Timers get shorter or longer depending on how well players performed various actions in a gleambow (such as reaching it, winning it, and killing gleamtrunks).
Each player has their own timer and so does each world.
When a gleambow meteorite is spawned it takes into account both the spawning player’s timer and the world’s timer.

13 Likes

Is this working correctly? I missed about 10 in a row and still get 5 second timers on lvl 1’s that i cant reach :confused:

1 Like

Is the players spawn time based on meteor performance across all planets? And cant be “refreshed” by just changing planets?

1 Like

Performance across all planets, changing worlds wont change your personal timer, but the world timer difference should still have influence. The goal is the time is tailored to how well a player performs and how harsh the planet is to traverse as an average of all players.

5 Likes

You are to good and have to good of stats. I think you should try an alt and see if it’s the same.

1 Like

So essentially what that means is that since i played with a group, who were efficient dince they had PC players tracking, i now cant solo hunt due to my personal timers being super low.

How long until they adjust? I missed 10 in a row already. Do i need to miss 100 in a row?

2 Likes

Is the timer based on the player who triggers the meteor?

So if I chased a meteor triggered by another player, the timer may be different to one I triggered myself?

And how does that work with those that are grouping meteors?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the clarity! I’ll have to stop completing those mould meteorites lmao

3 Likes

So I guess I won’t bother completing non gleam/glass meteors anymore =/ though I don’t know how much that will help if harvesting the gleamtrunks lowers the timer too

6 Likes

Yeah will have to pass on all meteors that are not gleam

Gotta share this here too - trolled by a Gleambow! :rofl:

g15

9 Likes

The only meteors I wasn’t able to reach were the two I spawned.

I’ve been able to make it to every single natural GB meteor (which is awesome!). I think it does help your timer if you don’t take down every single one. I am only completing gleam & glass ones. For the rest, I grapple to the ground and wait for the waves of Gleamtrunks so I can get the mutated sacs.

Since these planets are densely plotted, I think it helps confine the GB meteor spawns to a smaller area - making them easier to see, easier to get to, etc. Plus they said they upped the spawn rate.

6 Likes

Definitely further incentive to let the non-glass/gleam ones go. :+1:

1 Like

So people who want to collect the gleambow colors of sponge, mold etc are screwed :slight_smile:

I spent 3 hours missing every single meteor. At the end of those 3 hours i STILL hit 5s timers. Pretty much means i cant do gleambow unless i have a pc player with me or play in a group for higher meteors and thus better timers.

2 Likes

Weeeeeell, I dunno. Those mud and sponge ones with multi colors is pretty tempting. But I really want gleam.