Gleambow Summary

So we are at the end of it.

Two points I want to make here:

1. Meteor timer ridiculously short at times.

On first days of the current event it was around a minute upon impact. In case of meteors that travel longer it would be just below a minute. As I have been racing in the closing hours of the event, the timer was down to 30-33 seconds for closer landing meteors and down to around 20-25 seconds for the ones traveling a bit farther. I saw the timer starting at 17-19 seconds in extreme cases.
My take on that? I don’t like it and I don’t agree with such short timers. A minute was excessive I think, but 17-33 seconds range is another extreme and I would prefer to see it somewhere between those two, maybe 30-45 seconds (depending on how far the meteor travels).

On a side note - is it only my skewed perception, or the waiting time for the new gleamtrunks got longer?

2. Event timing.

We have 4 events between September and February: Boundless Birthday, Halloween, Oortmas and Valentine’s. That’s a lot of action derailing from normal activities (be it running a shop, taking care of portal network, organizing hunts, building or mining). Placing Gleambow right on top of Oortmas is not a good thing in my opinion. There is a long period with no special events between February and September. Why not doing Gleambow Racing there somewhere? Summer time (June maybe)?

What do you all think?
Any particular observations you made during this event?

10 Likes

I’ve been viciously decimating desert swords to get enough money to buy some mutated sacs, and also making a few gleambow totems to sell during the year :slight_smile: My memory could be failing me, but didn’t we used to have several gleambow events in a year? A gleambow event at the end of March, and perhaps another around June/July would be nicer than one event immediately following another event.

6 Likes

I actually ignored the gleambow event for that reason.
I was farming oortmas meteors like crazy because of the low drop rates and didn’t want to farm even more meteors afterwards. So it’s not only having those two events right after another but also that their procedure is more or less the same - hunting meteors.

I can’t remember how frequently the gleambow event appeared but it would make sense to have it in July where many countries have their summer vacation time if events need to be spread throughout the year.

6 Likes

There was one year with two gleambow events as far as I remember. It is not a rule we get more than one a year and no rule when it happens exactly. But we got it at Christmas and New Year time at least twice now.

I think it would be better to have it at designated time of year, preferably in the middle of the year as we don’t have any special events then.
I also believe once a year is just fine since we got gleambow sacs.

And that needs to be fixed, seriously like.
Oortmas event is the hardest grind of all making it difficult to enjoy.

5 Likes

I have seen the timer in various ranges. Often somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute on impact.
Did an experiment then and just triggered many meteors to let them all fail. The next one after that had a timer of 2 minutes and 2 seconds on impact. Also failed that one on purpose and the next also had such a long timer.
Finishing it reduced the timer of the one after. Due to varying timers it is not exact but somewhere in the range of 10-15 seconds less on next one due to finishing the previous.
I think killing gleamtrunks also has a shortening effect on timer. Atleast when I used the longer timer to kill more it became shorter again.

These observations were made when I was alone on a planet but I cannot exclude that someone was also hunting in between.

I did not note down previous event timing. This time it was around 15 seconds per wave.

3 Likes

I think the main reason for last years gleambow right after Christmas is because we did not have any gleambows throughout the year I’m sure the event time will be adapted

3 Likes

When was it?
Cause as I said it was around minute at the start of event. But it looks it changed then. It was always closer to minute first days on my gleambow sovereign and never above 40 seconds last few days (the same planet).

1 Like

From my experience the timer starts right after orbit spawn, not once dropped, the futher away it is the less time you have , that’s how it feels to me lol.

Ofcourse I can’t say but the times seem way of no matter if you are solo player or have 20 players the times vary A LOT

Note this is for event spawns

The actual man made spawns are mostly in the range of 2 minutes, also because it likes to fall between 3 regions

Experiment was last weekend saturday.
Today I was also getting 2 minute timers after I let some “preparation meteors” fall down and fail.

The timer problems start to appear when there are many people completing the meteors

2 Likes

Natural or augment meteors?

That’s exactly my take on it. In my guide video I show augment meteors having over a minute time on impact, like 90 seconds and more. Then natural event meteors having 50-70 seconds on the first day of the event that’s just ended.
Then I noticed timer going down. Still it is the mechanics of it that augment ones land closer and give you more time.

But whatever is the average tume there is always difference meteor to meteor, suggesting that the timer starts on the air and then the difference in meteor travelling distance affects the impact timer.
That’s why I keep saying about the timer range depending on how far the meteor lands.

1 Like

All 100% natural. No meteor inducing chemicals were used.

To also mention it: Timers are different from planet to planet. Completion on one planet does not appear to affect others.

2 Likes

Did a lot of testing this week during the event with a group of friends.

We would consistently get these times.

Killing cuttles isn’t what effects times, completing them does. There’s a lot more to this than people realise.

One thing I will say is the event punishes you for completing the meteors mainly if you are trying to farm the gleambow sacs.

2 Likes

I meant time from killing cuttles to next pair of them spawning. Seems to take longer for new ones to appear now comparing to what I saw first.

karma? lol
I am after the blocks - if I have time I will wait for the second couple of the cuttles, and maybe even the third, but that’s not my focus. And times were always consistent on a given day (or series of days).

I still wonder why doing solo racing on the same world with no one around was always giving me around a minute first days and only half a minute last days (I didn’t do any racing right in the middle of the even, just start and end of it).

EDIT: is it possible that the time is programmed to decrease as the event progresses? 2 minutes first and then lower and lower to half a minute in the last few days? (add some world tier/type variable?)

2 Likes

That’s because you are doing it solo. The more people you have the faster the cuttles spawn.

No this isn’t the case. It’s tied to you completing them, that’s what reduces the time. I thought it was because the more you do the event, the longer the time stays reduced but that’s not the case.

Took me a bit to make heads or tails of it to be honest and once I figured it out I was confused because the coding seems pretty complex for it. I’m not a coder by any means but I understand enough.

2 Likes

Total completed during event?
I did around 25-30 today - timer was the same (between 17 and 33 seconds).
Yesterday constantly 20-30 seconds as well.
The first two days all around a minute (probably around 50-60 meteors then).

1 Like

Yes pretty much.
If you just solely complete them the time stays low and it’s hard to increase the time. Would result in probably a ridiculous amount of time not completing them in order to try increase and even then it’s negligible the increase.

I think it needs tweaking/balancing. I’m not just talking about the balance in times even though that is needed.

I’ve seen times where it’s 10-15secs and it’s just so unrealistic to get to it and complete if that’s what you intend on doing then trying to increase that, it’s just unbalanced. Like I said it feels like you are punished for participating in the event. I solely tried to go for Mutated Sacs in the ens so I could then farm the meteors as and when needed.

2 Likes

I quit doing them near the end, so complicated. First, the timers were wayyyy longer the first event and I got like 700 sacs!!
Near the end it was like 30 seconds. I can’t run that fast.
Not sure if it’s related to number of people. Obviously, burn out has less turnout as the event goes on.
There’s also the issue of harvest vs. not harvest. I always obey the rules, if they say don’t harvest, I won’t but IT’S SO HARD, LOL.
I am going to make some augments and toss a few but if it’s 30 seconds, to get there, I’m not hopeful :wink:

2 Likes

funny thing though, I didn’t do too many - around 50-60 first couple of days and the same amount (roughly) in the last couple of days, so I had over a week break in the middle

and the timer was high (a minute) and stayed the same during my first days, and it was low (half a minute) right from the first meteor when I was back for the last days, and also didn’t change along

1 Like

augments give longer time, so it seems

but even if the timer is diminished for summoned meteors as well, at least we have full control over time we dedicate to them and breaks we take, as there is no time constrains to summon them (can be done at any time)

1 Like

True and the only reason I haven’t really dove into it, is my color needs are so limited. Seems senseless. Maybe I should do a trade-thus and so many sacs per gleam piece in the lavenders I need. It wouls be mroe useful for someone wanting less than 5 colors, snicker.

2 Likes