šŸŒˆ GLEAMPOP ICE FARM | Ovis Invention

** if you know any coordinates for 3x3 of a specific colour of ice, post them in the comments! **

Yo yo yo,

I made a post quite a while ago about a way to farm Gleampop Ice, but it lacked a videoā€¦ so I made a video :slight_smile:

I believe this to be the fastest way to farm Gleampop Ice, but as always, Iā€™m open to being proved wrong!

P.S. There is a pretty cool trick to getting even more ice from a Gleampop towards the end of the videoā€¦

:fist_right::boom::fist_left:

Edit: As @Hela has pointed out, you can get more ice in those 90 seconds of you Dual-Weild a hammer with max speed. They got 3020!

:bell: If you want to keep up with my videos feel free to subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/ovisgaming?sub_confirmation=1

25 Likes

look at me contributing with immense professionalism, and dare i say, elegance!

5 Likes

A beautifully conducted testing session. I shall leave you a positive LinkedIn review :ok_hand:

2 Likes

The Ovis Labsā€¦ the Oooosā€¦ hahaha thanks for sharing!

Your tagline in your Ovis Labs HQ should (unimmersively) be Game devs hate this one trick :rofl:

2 Likes

(2:09) I knew you had to draw an image like that using the gleampop.

3 Likes

What do you do with the ice? Build with it?

The sides and bottom of ice blocks are very reflective and so work well with gleam lighting when building. I use white ice in some of my ceilings, and I have some ribbons of dark lilac ice in one of my workshops for decoration.

It can also be transformed into glacier which has a different texture and also reflects well on all sides. Ice and glacier both have the slippery effect when sloped, so make for good slides if you donā€™t want to use the slide block (which looks like flowing green slime :nauseated_face: )

Ice can also be crafted into a decorative ice block which has a snowflake detail on the side.

5 Likes

@RedY3 Hahah thats a great idea, gonna need to make a sign with that moto now :joy:

@SClayton Growing up is for losers! :sunglasses:

@Elsiekelsie Basically everything @Draconic said, plus @Apt knows some nice colours that work really well as ā€œmetalā€

7 Likes

I use them as metals since the ā€œmetalsā€ in game are absurdly cartoonish. Cold/crisp tan ice is easily the best representation of actual gold, and allows me to save all my ā€œgoldā€ blocks in case I ever want to build a giant Kraft cheese single.

2 Likes

vivid mustard matches the actual ingame gold in color, works well in combination with it
hot sepia makes for great looking copper, hot tan for brass
also depends a lot on lighting, as the actual metals seem to ignore gleam colors

5 Likes

Actuallyā€¦ Yes. Makes Pretty unique walls paired with colored lighting.

2 Likes

Ashen red for titanium and i think stale cerulean for silver!

2 Likes

interesting idea, i want to recreate it butā€¦

• i cant build it and use it without destroying everything :smiley:
  1. CROUCH??? there is no CROUCH in gameā€¦
1 Like

I think he meant the button that causes you to creep slowly instead of walkā€¦ the button that stops you from falling off edges

2 Likes

CREEP :smiley: i dont think i ever used it onnce hahahahaha

no wonder i died countless times exploring exos and sovs and falling off clifft to lava, rock caverns, flat grounds below :smiley:

2 Likes

:o :rofl:

10 char

1 Like

Hahah yeh I meant ā€œsneakā€!
(Pc default is ā€˜ctrlā€™)

Make sure there is at least 1 item in the chest youā€™re hitting. It canā€™t be a storage block, must be a chest or even master beacon control.

Lemme know if you have any other issues :slight_smile:

2852 ice blocks from single sesion, multicolors

first pool

2nd pool

im going to find at this lake a place 3x3 for any color but want all colors :smiley:

it really works :smiley:

3 Likes

Itā€™s called ā€œOvis Labsā€ for a reason. These guys meticulously study and research their creations :crazy_face: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Zjawcia Yes mate! Nice one, love to see it :fist_right::fist_left:

@RedY3 Hahaha imagine how much better I would be if I spent these thousands of hours playing the game properly :joy: