🌈 GLEAMPOP ICE FARM | Ovis Invention

@Ovis challenge you to figure out if you can work out the mechanics to make gleambow ice waterfall

1 Like

:thinking: you mean better progress in your builds/gameplay? xD

1 Like

I like the oranges for copper/bronze. Silk orange ice looks like older, more worn copper imo. Then glacier looks even more worn. I don’t have any good examples yet- saving my limited supply for the right thing- but I have ideas for a big copper feature on upcoming builds it’ll go into.

Also depends on the surrounding area’s colors/textures. I’ll definitely use the silk orange ice in a more rustic context among a lot of silk orange brick (surprisingly different hue from ice) and ashen taupe rock. I can imagine if you used it where you have hot sepia as copper, it might be way off. I love me some Boundless color theory!

Add: If I wasn’t so lazy I’d start a thread for screenshots of ice used as… not ice, with the color of ice and surrounding blocks listed. Anyone?

2 Likes

@kemyobra challenge accepted!

@RedY3 All that + just a generally better hooman :joy:

@DutchOfSorissi yes we need a “Not ice, ice” thread! If i had a list of colours, I wouldn’t mind finding the right locations to make one of these farms at each. Might even be a good shop idea tbh.

2 Likes

I think it would be a great shop idea. :ok_hand:

Hi, for Black Ice, the Coords are on all Planets the same?? or need a T6 ?
On my T1 Planet there is no Black Gleam on same Position like in your Video. maybe im blind ; )

Helmut

The ice pattern should be the same on all planets, although you may have to put water there artificially.

ok, thx, have put water myself, but no Black Ice, maybe Coords…
It shows for me 200N 638O H64, maybe thats my fault, but i cant write the minus sign.

EDIT:
OK, now i can write -200 thats strange… will test it ; )

Edit 2:
Tested and there is no Black Gleam on the coords.
Its T1 Planet , 3km, -200N 638E 64

1 Like

I’ve tested this only on public worlds but it would make some sense if the pattern is moved or even different on a different sized world :thinking:

EDIT: Yes it’s the same coordinates I saved from Circarpous and then used to make a farm on Raxxa:

Both 5km worlds though.

1 Like

ok, thx for reply…
Than i must search myself for 3km Sovereign Planet Black ice location… ; )

As you can see in the video, i went from a T4 to a T1, and it was the same. However, I didn’t test any different sized worlds or sovs. So it might be that they have different patterns? Needs more testing!

i like to use the ‘silk’ variants for damp cave interiors. both ice and glacier have wobbly natural edges, they are great as 2 more rock types

2 Likes

Thanks for the video, will try it out.

Black ice on my sovereign is found at
-380N 1,422E
Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thank you @Ovis

I found the black ice spot on lasaina.
It is at the same coordinates mentioned on your video
I was able to get 3020 black ice with fast brew and speed hammer on both hands on a single lollipop

5 Likes

@econodog perfect, that’s good information to know :ok_hand: what size is your sov?

@Hela A hammer in both hands! Of course! I will add that to the original post and video pinned comment. Good stuff :fist_right::fist_left:

3 Likes

Hi, Thx @econodog for finding a Black Ice Spot for Sovereign Planet.

btw at -380 1422 64 there is one night green (45) Ice
at -380 1421 64, there are 4 Black Ice for farming, lil bit better ; )

always thx… ; )

Edit:

@Ovis my Sovereign is a 3km Planet T1

2 Likes

No worries. Yes, there’s a nice cluster of them there.

My world is also a small 3km sovereign, it should be the same for all of them at that size regardless of tier.

2 Likes

I know of one spot for black ice on Alder and the location isn’t the same as the one mentionned. It’s -1,694N , 452E, alt 64

1 Like

@Ovis Not sure if you still need any further locations of black ice but here is another on on Alnitans -1481N, -607E. From TNT Hub on Alnitans go to Shadowdale.

3 Likes

@Helmut thanks, I will check out some more sovereigns and different sizes :slight_smile:

@PrincessMaude Sweet! Will check it out, thanks! :ok_hand:

@XxymoxX Always looking for locations, also night for other people who want locations to build their own to read this thread and find some spots :slight_smile:

2 Likes