šŸŒˆ Gleampop Ice Farm

Made the most efficient Gleampop Ice Farm I could come up with.

Use:

1. Stand in the centre of the storage box (make sure that the box has an item inside it)

2. Pop your Gleampop

3. Hold Crouch

4. Use the fastest AOE Hammer you have (this can be made on a T1 planet, so no need for much/any +dmg)

Fast Brew or Recovery Brews are advised

Notes:

The hard thing about one of these farms is finding the 3x3 area of ice in your desired colour.

Only people with Building Privilege can use the farm.

If you go too far to the side of the storage block with the Gleampop active, you will ice over the water needed for the farm. If this happens, just replace the ice with a water block (regen bombs wonā€™t work as its plotted).

And yes I know you can farm ice at an Ice Crack biome. The benefits of this farm are mainly the colour choice and not having to run around. And I built this to see if I could make a farm for the Gleampop Ice :slight_smile:1

15 Likes

Iā€™m Lost if itā€™s plotted how does the water regenerate?

Book for Dummies :laughing:

3 Likes

Always coming up with new inventions. :ok_hand::ok_hand::raised_hands::raised_hands:
Hope thereā€™s an incoming video. Lol. Iā€™m better at understanding how things work when seeing them done. But sounds like a good way for farm a specific colour.

3 Likes

No thatā€™s a fair question, I should of explained. The reason the water doesnā€™t get ā€˜destroyedā€™ is because the 4 corners youā€™re harvesting, only get half frozen. So there is technically an Ice Block and Water in the same space. So when you destroy the ice, the water remains, which then partly freezes again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cheers brother! Yeh Iā€™ll try make a video next week. Havenā€™t got time at the weekend. Moving soon, so will put out a bunch more videos when thatā€™s all done with :beers:

3 Likes

Yet another cool creation man :+1:

Think iā€™ve attempted each build iā€™ve seen of yours! Time to add this one to the list then lol Itā€™d be cool to have one of these feeding my need of black ice for that bump track iā€™ve been workin on :wink:

3 Likes

That sounds pretty awesome. I may have to find a black ice location and make one of these. :ok_hand::ok_hand:
Hope the move goes smoothly.
When youā€™re settled in maybe I can lure you over to alder to do a little build if youā€™re up for that.

5 Likes

4x efficiency and it can be made on every planet regardless of water. that is a solid improvement on what i thought was good enough :+1:

4 Likes

My dusty brain is trying to tell me that the coords for a given color of ice are the same on every planet.

At a matching altitude, as well so if youā€™re somewhere with a wierd sea level it might take some rigging.

However with this little setup right here I think you can just make an ice farm within a single plot on any planet without it really being a body of water? This might call for a new sort of spreadsheet/database.

You could have these, mostly single color farms, for every single color on one planet I think.

:thinking:

3 Likes

@Solaire ah thatā€™s awesome to hear! Yeeeeh that would be cool :ok_hand:

@georgegroeg yeh i believe the coordinates are the same on each planet. Yes I need to get over there and build something, on the top of my list :fist_right::fist_left:

@Apt I initially thought I could make it 8 per hit but this ainā€™t Minecraft water :upside_down_face:

@Nightstar yeh youā€™re right, the colour coordinates are the same on each planet. I believe they are little spheres of colour, so if you find a single block of your desired colour, check the above and below altitudes, and youā€™ll hopefully get a bigger splice of that colour :+1:

1 Like

Let me know when you have this figured out. I would love to see that spreadsheet. :grinning: :+1:

I have no idea how long it would take - could luckily be all colors at/near sea level (ovisā€™ tip above about spheres could be a lifesaver here) and get it done in a few weeks, or it could be a nearly endless endeavour.

If someone wanted to get something going Iā€™d be happy to help with methodology and whatnot. First would be confirming that all colors are actually used in gleampop ice. If so a few people together could probably see whatā€™s at most of the available coordinates at the most common sea-level in, hmmmm who knows a few weeks? Maybe days if theyā€™re diligent or numerous enough.

I think a couple planets have different sea levels but Iā€™m not sure how many. As far as random altitudes, you can only place liquid in plots so itā€™s going to be tedious to ā€œhunt aroundā€ at random coordinates.

If someone could identify the repetition who knows it might be down to a cube, that could be really awesome, depending on how large it is.

For me though itā€™s just speculation at the moment. I have 1 build and not even a workshop to support it - Iā€™m not tackling something this big (right now). Plus oh so many gleam pops :scream_cat:

2 Likes

those exported planet maps could be useful - if you combine them, i bet you can get the entire surface as water (thatā€™s for normal sized planets, sovs would have it different / shifted / expanded)
there are planets with water at layer 32 (kol huroo) and there is the cave layer (16) everything else would be terribly impractical
i got 3 chests full of GB ice that i collected randomly, i can give you access so you can check what colors are availble and I have an ice farm behing my building with some interesting colors marked

2 Likes

So how do others get to get the Ice if you have it under a beacon?

Weā€™ve had some discussion on this before. Especially if you want to use this method, the beacon is required anyways. Itā€™s possible that if someone really wanted to map then mapping a column or a cube might be worth it.

Mapping an entire surface layer if you managed to find the overlap could also be useful, in either case once you have the larger pattern it might be possible to create farming spots for a large number of colors in a relatively few plots, or at least plot columns.

By any means mapping this pattern into useful (3x3) spots of single colors would be a ton of work. A lot of people contributing randomly might get it done in a shorter time but someone would have to collate.

EDIT: Oh heck :rofl: I thought this was in the recent thread where @Ovis reposted this with video. This is the thread with the older discussion :laughing:

The newer thread for reference:

WTH Hereā€™s also a necro snowman

1 Like

We found one on Maryx literally plot is at the surface!