Goo and the new fuels

It would be nice if the fertilizers gave a boost to output (goo, inorganics, organics) and size (decorative)…
instead of time. I wasn’t expecting the RNG to be time.

2 Likes

I would also like to add the option to spray anything. Foliage, flowers, growth, soil, etc. Waiting on exo colors can take years at this rate.

5 Likes

Inorganics are awesome. They cut the cost of a mass craft of compact hard coal way down AND give higher returns…very nice!

Really helps maximizing your fuel.

Yeah, honestly painting more things WOULD be a great boon. I’m not sure how I feel about spraying plants and grass, but tinting sands would be a huge help. Though I also advocate highly for fabric blocks, some with very low profile textures, to replace the uses of sand as a backlit color pop. If those were introduced, and were tintable, then I’d be fine with the current list of paintable things.

1 Like

They do need to do some picking through the boogers. Stick them to the drawing board and work out a good consistent method.

I had to, couldn’t help myself

2 Likes

Would love if more things were able to be painted, whether it’s soil and stuff like that or crafted metal things etc. (Go dye a stone furnace and tell me you wouldn’t like to do that with titanium!)

On the amount of sprays in cans, I don’t know. It seems weird having one spray, but since they stack and everything it’s not so bad? Certainly in real life, a can of whipped cream only has one spray. What? You say I ate too much whipped cream? Preposterous! cough Anyway, I wouldn’t be against more spray/pigment per goo but it’d be less necessary, imo, if more things could be painted in the first place.

Haven’t done anything with fuels so far so can’t comment on that.

1 Like

I would love to have some more goo pigments from farming in any form, better yield or sprays all for it^^
But I think I get the intended thought process behind the current system:
Think about it in the way of metrics, we all grow goo and its endgame to have unnatural colors. When we go forward in time the amount of unatural colored blocks ingame will inevitably increase to a point where it will be easier to buy colors than to make new ones.

We will pretty much fill up the need at some point, doing it more grindy than not feels like the way to go, if we would want to stretch out the lifespan of this new feature for endgamers. If the farming got a boost the end would be reached quicker and maybe eliminate the purpose of having it all together.

Despite my own wants, I vote for no change to it at this point, keeping in mind that we are able to mix match colors to get better amounts of sprays in the colors we want.

TL;DR: Increasing the yield will reduce the rarity and thus the value of this endgame feature.

The new “fuels” are new block types not fuels currently imo though :3

1 Like

Yeah this, making compact hard coal with just 5 pieces instead of 10 is quite significant! it is however a PITA to get enough kindling as stated above… I’ve just about got my fraction setup ready to go from seed to product farming, but kindling is still a ways off

Not interested in working with goo myself though would certainly go buy some cans if right colour in enough quantity.
Already have storage units full of colourful exo (and permanent world) blocks I haven’t utilised yet…can do a lot with what we already have.

As for fuel, in its current configuration, I personally have no need for the new ones except as building blocks.

Would be interesting to see if new use cases were created for special machines etc

1 Like

Oh and forgot I WANT to spray metals srsly, only 4 colors to work with gimme a break. Make it only titanium sprayable don care but lemme spray metals pleawse! 3:<

5 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but I wonder if this train of thought is what’s driving players away from the game.

2 Likes

Honestly have not touched goo or organic farming yet. Fuels on the other hand, I produce the blocks because they look nice.

I was actually asking for clothes because we’re basically naked, and now it snows all the time.

It’s kind of a double edged sword though, if there were no grind/iteration to some of these endgame things, I would probably have a harder time continuing to play myself. And I’ve been around since there was only one color of each of the rock types!

Lowering the bar of entry too much for things like these inorganic farming games just makes it pointless. Like if anyone can make any color, then I don’t get to be a mad-scientist that works all the time to make a huge supply of enough colors to meet anyone’s demand!

Like think about how much the gem market crashed. Gems used to be super expensive and a good way to make money. Now you can get advanced coils for a few bucks. I like having some elements of rarity especially if you get them by working hard rather than being the first of a few people on an exo (not that I’m against that gameplay either, I love the race to suck up all the resin/petroleum).

1 Like

Double edged sword indeed. Increasing yields would probably lead more people to use it to repaint their entire build. Having it too low makes people not even want to bother using it at all. It’s still a new item so we’ll probably see adjustments in the future

Maybe, but would you want the only instant gratification type in a persitence block building universe I wonder. You could bind those players by implementing a creative mode at some point though.

What I would like is that the current system stays like it is, that it’s still as difficult to do as now, but would like it very much, and would actually start using it, if we could dye more than 1 block per can.

People can still be mad scientists then too :wink:

2 Likes

Its not that bad actually you just have to get some exprience in the mixing and maybe get a bit of the mad scientist flowing in you lol^^

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone plays any Sid Meyer’s Civilization games, but I’m the kind of person who once I realize there’s no way the AI can win against me, I just quit and start a new game.

I don’t operate any portal hubs, but they’re a good example of this. There are entire guilds dedicated to the upkeep of these hubs. Their construction, the management of people asking for changes to signs and portal sizes and locations, collecting coin, refueling beacons (if they’re not GC), refueling portals, not to mention all the time it takes to hunt and keep oort and building materials in stock. The income part of these hubs is relatively passive, since it’s just people walking through the beacon, but all the time it takes to ensure that someone walks through is pretty intense. That is an endgame mechanic. I wouldn’t want operating hubs to be any easier.

The operators of these hubs may hate me for saying all of that, but I think deep down, they enjoy the grind to keep these things operating, especially once you add in the notoriety and the impact the hubs make to the rest of the game. You get to be a keystone in the economy and culture of the game once you dedicate your focus and energy in to these endgame mechanics.

Goo and the other inorganic farming games are part of that, and anything that makes them too much easier is gunna spoil them, at least for me!

5 Likes

Ok, let’s do 1.25 blocks per can. :wink:

Yeah! That’s a big part of why I wanted to make that mixer utility, because it helps me plan out what to grow to target specific results!