Goo and the new fuels

That was not the point tho, hehe, it’s just that right now I do feel it’s not worth it all that much to me. So 4 weeks for a smartstack huh? How long for a huge build of 10 smart stacks?

Indeed, and that’s the problem, not worth it!

I had plans to start a dye shop, at 100c a can no one is willing to buy those in large quantities…

Note, am not saying that 100c is not a fair price for the trouble you need to go thru but to dye one block it most certainly is…

3 Likes

Yes and yes. There’s already so much ‘grindy’ stuff. Currently the most ‘fun’ stuff is building…if you’re into that :wink:
Hunting of course, but I’m fairly sure that’s carried out more for the oort than the thrill of it. If there were no rewards I’d be curious the participants.

3 Likes

I would say 10 to 20 blocks is a good amount per can. Still have to have enough goo, but it’s not as daunting

3 Likes

Yeah, but would you really need all 255? Right? And then I see people doing pixel art competitions on here for like a cool mil, or more. 22mil to have 900 spray cans of every color in the game? That’s end game mechanics right there. The person buying it would already be crushing it with other parts of the game, and would make that investment. I’m imaging my commission business to be around planned and dedicated colors. Like you have x shop stands you want to be y color, I can get you that. And I’m just one dude. Imagine if we had a color guild who focused on it. It’d work pretty well.

1 Like

For a big build wait until there is more blocks in the game or take some good exo color =P
Its all for pixelart and maybe a statue or something now and then ;3

edit: that is so true

if you had 10 ppl pulling ressources growing colors for substractive mixing youd get enough to color the whole universe lol.

1 Like

Exactly! Not every mechanic works as a solo mechanic. Effecient, low cost, pigments in high enough quantities to really create a market would require several people working together. I’m sure I’ll start trying to get people wrapped up in to my chromatic industrial complex, but for now, I’m just mixing away in my lab.

100c to spray one block. LOL continued justification for not being interested in any of this.

5 Likes

Yes, perfect way to scare of your customers of a dye shop :wink:

Sadly it’s currently exactly what James told me it would not be…

This:
“You will definitely be able to generate much more than “a handful of blocks in a novelty colour”. Larger quantities are only limited by your endeavour and finding the most efficient way to create them.”

Spending 4 weeks to get a smartstack still falls into the low amount of blocks in a novelty colour area to me tho, ah well.

What I do find surprising is that the devs haven’t reacted to any of this yet, quite a few of us have been talking about it and we haven’t seen a reply as of yet which tells me they are still thinking about the balance of it.

Which is why I will still grow it and tinker along, collect goo of colours I like on exo planets, etc. ,etc. hoping that I either can one day make enough spray cans of a colour I want and/or that we can colour more blocks with it…

For now I’m not gonna waste spray cans just yet!

1 Like

I understand the price due to the time it takes and the rng, but I also understand the 1 block per 100c. Lose lose in my understanding.

I think the price is justified by the effort, but what is received is lackluster at one block a spray, no fault to the seller. Just the mechanics

4 Likes

That’s just my price, and that’s just right now. It’s still early and as I work more at it and build more of a supply, that price will come down.

I’d say if you’re hoping to build a castle out of pure Red blocks, that you should reconsider your plan.

But if you’re hoping to have some fun Red storage blocks, or make a Red gazebo, then spray can’s your man!

@AeneaGames, James told you spray cans wouldn’t be expensive?

And thats part of my issue with the current yield. It makes more sense to try your luck and hope the next exo will spawn the color you want. Imagine targeting a specific color for 4 weeks and the 5th week an exo spawns with your color.

Currently pixelart is all that can be achieved with the spray paint unless you’re building on a small scale.

I know this is probably an example number lol, but this basically gates spray painting as an endgame mechanic to make as well as to buy. And i would probably never spend 100c to spray only one block myself.

I’m in agreement with both of you that it shouldnt be easy or a quick process, but right now 1 spray can per pigment seems too low.

2 Likes

What if we could craft a powered gem spray painter and forge it with speed and AOE for large builds :grin:
It would be more efficient so add one can of spray = one 3x3 area

3 Likes

And that’s exactly what I was afraid of! And what I asked about.
It’s for novelty items in low amounts…

I quoted him above. Before the release I asked if it would just be a way to get a few blocks in a novelty colour and he assured us that it would not be the case in the end…

His silence about the topic after many posts about it tells me tho they are still thinking about the balance. of course they can still decide it’s good as is but they havent come out and told us that so I have good hope!

1 Like

I put up a suggestion for tiered spray machines, the ones you put blocks in to. Like if you could spray up to 100% more blocks with the highest tier, then you could start to see some improvement on these costs. But I think wanting to be able to build an entire town with spray painted blocks is probably unreasonable. This should be an end game mechanic with some considerable gating to it.

As I’ve said, I’m open to some increases to stuff, but to want 1 can to spray like 30 times is a huge change to the mechanic that I’m not sure I’d be happy with. Hard to know for sure though.

1 Like

The 1 can per pigment could be fine if that can would dye more than 1 block…

2 Likes

I think there should be tiers of spray cans. And a machine called the “concentrator” where you concentrate pigments into larger can sizes. A small can = 5 sprays, medium can = 10 sprays, large can = 20, mega gargantuan almost cant hold can = 50 sprays

3 Likes

That would be a start! And even if you don’t have a 3x3 area you can just treat it like block changing for marble making for instance.

That would most certainly work for me! Lots of work but I don’t mind that at all, I just want it to be possible and not just for a gazebo, a few storage blocks or pixelart… :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I see where you quoted. I made nearly two smart stacks in about 20 days. That’s of really hard to get to colors, with no experience, and lots of mistakes. If I were to do it all over again from scratch, it’d probably take me like 14 days. If I were able to play this game for 6 hours every day, I could probably do it in a week.

If/once I have more of the gleam colors I REALLY need, I can whip together colors pretty quickly, assuming I maintain a big enough kernel supply. I don’t think the barrier is as high as it seems. Once I found the right flow, I was progressing really quickly. And that was with 1 quick harvest/replant when I got off work, and another before going to bed. The rest of my time was spent playing with other parts of the game.

1 Like

So you’re saying with my 15 hours of playing a day I could out goo you, hmm? :thinking: :smiley:

I just wish I had more different gleambow colours of gleam!

1 Like

You monster.

1 Like