Goo Farm Tips Please

Hey, I am close to getting every colour of gleam, and thought it would be sensible to make a farm with every colour so i can make sprays. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if you would be willing to show me your build or at least point me in the right direction so i can get some design ideas…

I’m completely new to making sprays, but cant resist if i can get every colour from it…

Changed your title since ink is the thing that we use for signs.

@wakeNbake may be able to help.

Just don’t use wooden storage as he did before :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi @samski, I am about to expand my farm to do this too. You are welcome to look at my setup. It’s not optimized, but it works for me.

Would love to, where can i find it?

1 Like

It is on alnitans. If you take tnt hub to alnitans, and look for the portalis planetarium portal. Take that, it is my build. Then you have to walk to the back and outside of the planetarium to a small covered stairway into the grass. It is underground there.

1 Like

Just be forewarned, I’m dreading all the chiseling I’m gonna have to do :cry:

It’s like 75,000+ chiseling blocks for the 255 color expansion

2 Likes

Just sorting out my gleam, only one colour missing so far (is there a colour 0?), but will head over and look after.

1 Like

Um, I’m not sure about the numbers

There is no color zero there are only 255.

They use zero internally to indicate that an item should take the default color for it’s planet so there’s not a color assigned to it.

3 Likes

@DaOne82 spread your wisdom!

1 Like

Tip #1 - dont use wooden storage for anything even remotely close to lava!! :roll_eyes:

So my farm is around 2000 or more plots in size already and is not even halfway completed, however it is functional with around 100 pieces of gleam for each colour… note: a large amount of that space is just for decorative purposes… so my farm is probably not the most economical example of how to lay a farm out but you are welcome to take a look sometime when I’m online or I can just give you directions to it if you prefer.

So I have layed mine out in a square shaped “ring” and followed the “colour wheel” as this assists me in visualizing how my mutations will work. So I have blues then purples, then red, oranges, yellows, greens, and back around to blues.

What I can tell you is that you do not need all 255 colours of gleam. Most colour mutations can be performed on at least 5 or 6 different gleam colours, some as many as 30 or 40 different gleam colours. You can also make every colour by clever mixing with only 30 or 40 different pigments ever needed (this is a pure guess but I believe it would be possible). So personally I just stick to the strongest colours of gleam and pigments where possible (black, white, shadow, strong, deep, pure colours, vivid, bright and luminous).

Also gleam should really only be used for mutating and then plant your mutated goo on rock for optimal pigment return.

6 Likes

how do you get to your farm? I’d love to come give it a wander too

My wisdom has been taking me over a month to complete :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Would be great to see your layout, i haven’t yet some across the colour wheel yet, perhaps i should do some more research into mixing…

Will the colours mutate when put onto rock, or is any colour ok for pigment return, was planning on having each gleam section near a rock section to move them over, but should i try get all colours of rock too? Not sure i want to rely on clever mixing when i could just make a massive goo farm…

Ok… my secret entrance is about to become not so secret… lol

Head to my store (Dub-T on lutrion) then you’ll need to wander outside and behind my store over the hills (or through the tunnel) a short distance you will find a house/barn/church… not sure what it is now, lol. But this build has a well…jump in the well. :zipper_mouth_face:

Bear in mind this is very very much a work in progress and currently I have very little planted I’m afraid.

2 Likes

This is how I did it on my old setup but also repeating on my new setup…

“L” shape block (chiseled) to hold the lava + 2 blocks of gleam/Rock + “L” shape block (chiseled) to hold lava

Note: Lava goes around the top as well like the bottom just not displayed in picture

The gleam will be for mutating and it will give you back goo plus pigment. The rock will be used to grow the goo into pigment once you have your color and it has a small chance in mutating the goo into another color.

2 Likes

Lol, that’s such an awesome way in… thanks : )

2 Likes

Well, i guess i need to get every colour of rock then… Going to have to get collecting gleam-bows some more, hopefully there will be a gathering to spawn some soon… Thanks for the pic. :slight_smile:

Thanks, will go searching for your store now… :slight_smile: