Greva (my son) is stuck in Sanctum [SOLVED]

I am posting this here because my son isn’t on the forums and he can’t submit a support ticket from Sanctum. I can have him log into the game if you need him to.

For weeks he has been stuck in the sanctum. He last logged out of the game from an exo. His home beacon expired so he can’t home warp. When he tries to home warp it gives an illegal protocol message. I had him submit a game log.

His friend list does not show up for some reason so he can’t even friend warp out. He is not close enough to any saved places to warp to them (even after re-skilling.)

He also does not even have enough money to afford the warp anyways. LOL

He is like. . . super mega stuck! :joy::sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

cant he go to nearest city?

1 Like

Is there an option we are overlooking?

1 Like

Sounds like this might require a one-time teleportation ride from the powers that be.
I was going to say…try to add yourself as his steam friend so he could warp to you, but if he had been on an Exo, he’s probably too far away (and you said he has no coins?). Does he have any unopened coffers?

3 Likes

No he does not :cold_sweat:

Thank you for trying. I fear the only solution is that piggy-back ride you speak of. . .

2 Likes

You should always be able to warp home - even if your home is gone / expired / deleted.

We’ll need to investigate the flow and make sure this still works. (@lucadeltodecso)

I’ll also see if there is anything we can do to move him. (@blake)

6 Likes

Seems like he is not the only one with a problem with expired home beacon.

1 Like

One quick possible solution?

1. Go to the Character Select menu and trigger “Add Steam friends”.
  2. Get to the closes world to the old exo.
  3. Warp to you.

?

1 Like

Can you share the screenshots of:

1. the WARP CONDUIT -> BEACONS tab?
  2. with the HOME BEACON expanded?
1 Like

Maybe there is a new beacon where the old home beacon was that has warping to it disabled by the new plot owner??

1 Like

I’ve just tested this and the Warp just drops you outside.

Obvious quick checks:

1. Make sure you run: Steam -> right click on game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of game files…

2. (Make sure you’re not running any funky proxy stuff.)

3 Likes

A few quick responses. (I’ll have to send screenshots this evening when I get home.)

Did that. The friends menu is literally blank. He has lots of friends and I am one of them. I re-added steam friends yesterday thinking the same thing. No change. Blank friends menu page. I’ll send a shot.

This also reminds me that I took his character in and out of creative mode yesterday to see if that helped. It did not change anything.

I am having him do this now. I’ll let you know if it resolves it.

I have a router that points to a vpn dns. Does that count?

1 Like

I think it’s likely there is some sort of bug. Hopefully we’ll track it down.

Can you PM me and @lucadeltodecso the character name - unless it’s “Greva”?

2 Likes

Affirmative.

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing beacons unfuelled, showing in Places as expired, then they come back in the Places list after I click on them, on and off all day, and now Pheminorum is complaining about a closed websocket.

1 Like

@BellaAssunta is this what happened to you? Did you get resolution?

I see that too occasionally. Land in a place and go to bookmark it. Says “beacon expired”. Click on it and it magically lights up as being there.

Well okay this adds an element to the story that I did not originally think was connected.
Here are some odd things that happened after the compactness update.

1. My (Creegle) very first home warp from sanctum took me to my son’s (Greva) home beacon (the one in question here that he can’t warp to). I didn’t think anything of it since it was after an update and we are in the same guild. Every subsequent warp has been correctly to my home beacon.

2. Since the update my alts have all had their beacons say that they have expired and there is no fuel burning (even though I have gleam club) and when I check them they show many weeks left of fuel.

3. My son’s home beacon ( I am sorry I just remembered this) is actually owned by me. He does not have a master control beacon because he does not have gleam club and when it expired months ago I plotted reserves over it with one of my alts.

I realize these details are important and I apologize for just now remembering them. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

This …

… and this …

… are resolved in the next update. The issue is that the GUI is missing some initialisation and incorrectly reports their status.

I’m going to try resolving the issue for your son using a some moderator actions in game.

10 Likes

@Ginabean Not exactly.
Although my 2 characters are absolutely still stuck in the sanctum (weeks now) after an exo ended. My home beacons are still available, I just can’t warp there because I just get the illegal protocol message and then the warp shuts itself down.

So, yeah, I’ve been stuck for weeks now with seemingly no help on the horizon. It’s extremely disappointing – made even more so by the fact that the game seems to be trying to trap my other characters the same way every time I try to leave an exo at any point in time now. It just has me stressed out and living on pins and needles all the time now, worried that I’m just going to keep losing more and more of my characters to this glitch if I keep playing. :frowning:

2 Likes