Griefers - being griefed by land plots surrounding me

This a copy of my post on the steam forums. nobody there seems to react, so i posted it here too:

yay… now griefers have come to boundless. interesting way of griefing by the way…
They put plots directly around my own small plot, so i cannot extend my plot in any direction (except above and underground)…
Thats soo stupid…

hm… Cheaters??? How is this possible? the WHOLE Area in which i set my 4 plots is now deeded from other people, even the areas where noone build something.

The player that griefed me by putting his plots - without building something just around my plots so i cannot extend is called “herf” - please, admins, do something against such behaviour

3 Likes

Could you share a few screenshots and details of the location?

2 Likes

“herf” sounds like Pyramid Heights (Therka) - Is that right?

Edit: Found it.
Yes, its Pyramid Heights on Therka. 931N -1932E
They are expanding their City aggressively but I’m not sure if herf had malicious intent.
It’s a common problem nowadays that Settlements try to absorb surrounding builds.
But he definitely should have asked you if you want to be part of his Village in the first place. I agree.

Edit 2: It’s not just a Road, the build is surrounded by 3 sides. I can confirm that now.

5 Likes

To be fair, this gets back to what we define as griefing, because players are completely within the rules of the game in claiming plots. I get that this is extremely annoying for you too though.

Herf has been a nuisance everywhere. During one of the hunts, he jumped into the very full voice chat room (at least 15 people) and either shouted or screamed into the mic which was cranked all the way up and was even distorted because it was so loud. Possibly using a sound board. He hopped out too fast for me to server mute him.

3 Likes

Not to mention he nicked Reapall’s gems. He did give them back tho and admitted he did it for the lulz, but he’s definitely someone who is way too bored.

2 Likes

I am the warden of pyramid heights and will contact herf about those plots. He isn’t around my town much anymore and isn’t someone I want apart of my town with the reputation he has. It will be solved once I get off of work.

4 Likes

Can someone please explain what fulfillment there is in being a gamer-■■■■? I mean in the long run it just hurts the griefer by being ostracized by the player community. What a waste of your life.

1 Like

I’m confused. are you mad at us or the griefers?

2 Likes

Yeah, the censoring is a bit confusing there…

2 Likes

sure there is no logic in any compulsive behaviors - only hidden, subconsciously driven, secondary gains

1 Like

lol. mad at griefers.

1 Like

So lets open a support ticket to unlock pvp only against herf and his cronies!

2 Likes

Anything for money eh? Even move to a remote location on Nasharil underground and live out their days as a hermit?

5 Likes

He is just a villain. Every story needs one.
And while he is a pain to one (the unfortunate whose gems got stolen), he is also a useful hire for someone else (the one who paid for the gem heist).

The Boundless universe unveils its complicated nature.

1 Like

Wait–what? Last night in Chisel Town someone apparently named “Moebius” said something rude about my nationality but the game had the player marked as a friend. So was that the alt trolling or was that the real Moebius?

@the-moebius your alt is YABO right?

Please don’t kill me for saying this but maybe you’re taking it a bit too serious :smiley: Yeah it is unpleasant when this kind of stuff occurs, I had a shitty situation for a while in Elop Portas where some player claimed like 6x6 plots just on the side of my build, put 1 block high walls of what would sometime be a castle and went away, had to wait for ages for his beacon to expire (like 6 months or something). Unfortunately as the game is currently set up, you need to plot out everything you want as soon as you set your eye on a place, there’s no way around it.

yeah they trolling me im the-moebius and YABO and one alt i keep secret but its not MOEBIUS

yep not me and very anoying :frowning:

1 Like