Griefing on 7pm Iconic hunt Beservona!

permanent jumping quirck

2 Likes

I’m sure the devs could make it so that a meteor generates a zone of protection against regeneration for the next 6 hours after they landed.
That would fix the problem.

3 Likes

Area when you leave meteor pops up. could make that area immune to regen while meteor is active. Like when meteor Falls it instantly adds around it self sphree of plots, once completed plots are removed. I hope you got my idea -_-

I used to get this on my hunts but i’m very stern about the consequences if people regen i end the hunt. I gather all information i can from multiple different people at different angles.
If you continue to hunt i just see it as a ‘people will keep doing it’
I’ve got to say i know approx 3 people who do, do it and with me live streaming a hunt everyone who’s watching the stream can see who is doing it. some people call them out during a hunt and i get alot of people agreeing with me to end the hunt and to not continue.
And its not always when we have large groups hunting, we had 74 people on a hunt before and not one troll yet I’ve seen trolls on other peoples hunts with only 20-25 people there.
I do think a private discord for hunt leaders to be in to discuss this as a more private matter would be a great idea to share any information about problematic hunts.

4 Likes

You cant end a hunt over this. That is giving the Troll what they want. I asked them to stop, we took extra time after meteors so people could find their loot box. All you can do is work around it. Letting them see it is getting to you or ending the hunt just gives them fuel to do it more. I will work my hunts around these people. They will not stop me or my hunts. We are better than that.

11 Likes

@Ratchel (or other players) Please PM me the details of the players and worlds / locations.

9 Likes

I am sad to hear this - I would think it is best to have some sort of protected field around all meteors! It is understandable you can’t stop hunting just because of trolls - but this protection box around the meteor will help greatly and will be all fair loot to everyone.

1 Like

I have done and no longer get trolls so it just shows it does work.
continuing a hunt when people are doing it just makes them do it the whole hunt which isn’t fair on the other people, it would then be wasted time for people, ending a hunt isn’t wasting anyone’s time, it means they can then go do something else and not waste more time on pointless hunts.

1 Like

I reported this to you before and never heard anything back from it.

1 Like

My hunts will not be ended over trolls. If people wish to leave they are welcome to. But I can continue with majority of the people wanting to continue will.

5 Likes

If anyone has any details about this situation. Please send it over to @james for it to be looked into. A lot of the information is posted in the thread as well. Videos and photos of situation. The reports I submitted was at the time I posted the thread going up to around 9pm on Beservona.

The official Boundless Discord server operates under the same Code of Conduct as the game and forum, in addition to Discords T’s & C’s, and breaking the rules in Discord could earn you a punishment in game, and rightly so. Not that I 100% agree with all the rules, just that I agree they should be applied equally everywhere.

Can’t say how Wonderstruck operates, but other companies won’t ever come back to you on these types of matter aside from saying “alright, we’ll deal with it”. Beyond that, you’re not supposed to know what happens to the troll.
Unless you meant that James never answered your reports at all or ever dealt with the trolls you reported, which would be… well… not great at all. :confused:

As far as deep holes go on hunts, I don’t really see the problem with that. Bombs definitely have a place in the game and you can move around perfectly well using grapples/placing blocks on a hunt. If regen bombs affect the meteor reward (not just the conduits surrounding it) then that’s real griefing and very unpleasant.

As far as “name and shame” rules go, I don’t see that as being a helpful policy. If people feel they have been scammed, cheated, or subject to some real unfairness (not just “I fell into a hole someone made during a hunt because I wasn’t looking where I was going” etc) it might be helpful to all parties to be able to have a conversation on the subject.

I wish that was the case, in my situation the person was throwing them directly at me and following me around, even after the meteor was complete he was continuously throwing them.

1 Like

I’ve also fell into one of those deep holes before and died due to fall damage. Sometimes people aren’t aware there’s a giant pit behind them when they are backing away from a wildstock.

1 Like

I hope regen bomb will be hard-fixed so that it wont affect/regen the reward boxes. This will be the solution to those troll cases.
People their rights to regen anywhere they want - as the game allow them to do so (or they throw them by accident or even dont have any knownledges about regen bombs). Although it frustrating other people, so a fix is needed asap.
The Devs did release a fix for this, but somehow its still bugged and not working as intended.

Please Devs, we need your help.

2 Likes

I don’t know does game tell that when report has received but that should be all. It is then situation between company and player who might have been breaking rules, not some law program where outsider can take part of :smiley:

I would expect some fix to come this, like beaconing meteorite got disabled on EA. Fixing this won’t stop trolls but dropping regen bombs is just too easy way.

I also think it is wrong that regen bombs can remove build area back to air. We have basic bombs for destroying, regen should only work for air which have in planet data blocks.

Seems like bombs are always having some drama, if those didn’t exists game would have caused less stress for developers; mining nerf, knockback players, regen farms and now this :smiley:

I just want players to be able to enjoy the game and not be frustrated by some random players there to ruin the experience for others.

6 Likes

Hahaha, oh dear, that sounds like quite an ordeal. :roll_eyes:

Tired of getting bombed during public hunts? Show 'em who’s really got the biggest “blast radius”! Forged +damage +aoe bombs currently available at a reasonable price at THE ARMORY in the Naughty Mall on Trior, also accessible via Duskmoor Mall…