Growing Pains are Good mmmkay

My Fellow Boundless Lovers,

The time is at hand. We are at the crux of change. We will soon be bursting at the seams. We have waited for a long time for this and now the growing pains begin. The forums have already changed tone and personality in a very tangible way. Pretty soon, we won’t recognize our old cadence, as it were. We must now open our hearts and swallow our pride and share this wonder that is Boundless. I think part of us clings to the way it was, but we also yearn for it to become what it will.

I am writing this as an attempt to ground us, one final time, before the flood gates open and everything changes. I implore each one of us who have known one another, enjoyed one another, debated one another; let us continue to set the best example we can in MMO etiquette, in community. Let’s show them all how to game on the level that we have been thriving. Let us be patient and understanding and continue to enjoy one another.
To all that was and all that will be. I salute you Boundless pioneers.

15 Likes

Dam … just noticed you’re only saluting pioneers :slightly_frowning_face: …I’m just a wayfarer :sob:

3 Likes

Not so fast you. . . I did not use it as a proper noun.

1 Like

No capital P :grin:

5 Likes

I’m not that visible in forums as I don’t post much but I actively read the things posted here. I’ll surely miss the familiar faces and names once the game gets more mainstream and outnumbers the old players. I’ve felt the same before on my hiatus from the game and I /salute the leaders of this community who’s been a constant presence in the forum and makes it feel like home :smiley: .

Nonetheless, I’m also excited to see the new players and witness the game thrives and be a staple name in the gaming community ^^.

6 Likes

I might have a good memory, but I have remembered you pretty quick, your contributions were always on point and extensive. (@Lawrey)

@OP that was inspiring :smiley: I feel like we can take this on, as you say to be an example of what mmo forum can be like, there’s enough of great people here to carry this fight :smiley:

5 Likes

Here in the deep south we call it hospitality, and man its nice :smile: I try to pass it along as much as i am able, and that was one of the first things that attracted me to Boundless, that feeling of being welcome, to comment, debate, and share ideas in this community. LOVE IT!!! So, Here’s to many more years and players to come! Cheers!

4 Likes

I have to say this is by far the best gaming community I have had the privilege to participate in. The forum is always interesting and it’s great to see the passion everyone has for the game. As Creegle says (auto correct says Cree gleam :joy:) we need to set the tone and be as helpful and understanding as we can, even though I’m sure it’s going to test the patients of a saint at times.

3 Likes

I really appreciate it!

I prefer to keep my posts on topic and infused with my insights rather than it to be chat-like (because I respect the time of the people who’ll read it. No offence meant to others!). That’s why it takes time for me to construct the content of my message and appreciate that you feel the same :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I remember a couple of years back in guild wars 2 there was a big influx of new players. The existing players, instead of getting all high and mighty, put together welcome parties outside the spawning sites…was very heart warming to see a community join together like that .
I’m sure we will see a similar helping hand attitude around portal hubs and in these forums when the gates open.

5 Likes

Unfortunately in my frustration with the influx I tried assuming the lotus position and breathe deeply. Ten seconds later, I disappeared to some weird outer space place with some autistic guy who just avoided eye contact and silently made repeating hand-waving gestures. I discovered there was a door I could walk through to get back to my living room but it key telling me PLANET FULL. I could even see my half-consumed brew through the door.

Well, eventually I got home again. Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel.

2 Likes