[Guide] The Methodology to Forging Everything - V2.3 - Added Repair Spanner

Wow! When was that added to the game then?

ie. it’s not possible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And why would you waste hard to forge totems on farming? You need low damage, sure if you skip the damage boon on totems that can work but so can any other tool which are much easier to forge!

3 Likes

Got me I don’t farm haha.

I forgot there’s no aoe tillers

2 Likes

harvester 2000 means;

aoe axe wood or titan

without dmg…
just aoe lvl4
speed8
dura 8

makes dmg 600, so u dont deconstruct ya own farm…
i forgot to explain him a few month ago…

1 Like

its the best tool 4 a layout like this

1 Like

Awesome to see this post still being updated frequently!!! Thank you Soo much!!! Seriously, thank you!

2 Likes

Think it should be 4 rounds here, not 4 hours.
Under ingridients.

Good catch! Fixed, cheers!

1 Like

This guide has really helped me! I can see what your shooting for and you helped explain all these things other than Pure Boon 3 (which is what I was using by itself on pretty much all forges). Now I feel comfortable mixing things up a little but using your framework as a guide. THANKS!!!

2 Likes

I’m glad it was of use! Cheers!

I started forging thanks to this guide and over time I ended up with this method of forging hammers. Maybe there are better ways but this one has been working pretty nice for me.

5 Likes

today i like to show u how i did it…

first i make it cheaper

than i turn it i to a 9er stag method… even more cheaper…

hope u understand that i cant write everything in english… (how i did it)

but specialy the numbers of gums that i use is VERY important…

ill think its a lil bit hard 4 beginners, if forging went bad… but 4 an “old forger” with some experience in forging it should be no problem…

(maybe its already here in forum, im sorry in this case)

4 Likes

I don’t know why but even on the test server I can’t replicate your success/guide on even a 1 Star difficulty item. I created my build the same and I’m doing the healing or regen bombs and keep getting busy bee or other boons plus 1-3 quirks. :sob:

Edit: boons not booms

open a support thread… maybe other people got the same problem…
or they can try to reproduce your problem…

Regardless of the method you’re trying, learning the steps of it here: https://boundless.mayumi.fi/forgeSimulator/
helps a lot. It’s quicker since there aren’t any animations and it’s easy to see the steps you took afterwards.
Apologies if this is information you already know : )

Also, after using a setting resin, you can copy/paste the steps you took and more easily show others exactly what you did so that they can help or offer advice

2 Likes

Are you using draining boon 1 or 2?

If you’re getting 3 quirks making regen bombs I can only assume you are using 2?

As for getting the wrong boons… that unfortunately can be a pain when luck just isnt on your side. Try applying a few extra special gums at the start to increase your odds though. Instead of just 2, try applying 4 or 5.

2 Likes

Although I don’t know the exact percentage, there’s a chance that you can still get different boons even when using certain gums. As a rough example, using 1 gum gives you an 80% chance to get that boon, using 2 might increase that to 95% ect…

While 2 gums is usually enough, if your having really bad RNG using 3 or even 4 essentially guarantees a gum from that type. Similarly, using 4 or so trait reduction gums (instead of 2) stops additional boons being added after.

Of corse, there’s still the possibility of bad RNG, but using 4, while overkill for some, can be one solution.

In addition, using corrupted boon compound I instead of draining boon compound I might work better, since a good chunk of defects (knockback, critical rate, critical damage, energy use) have little or no negative impact on healing or regen bombs.

1 Like

I’d just like to give wake a shout out for hooking me up with a forged grapple on testing :blush:

1 Like

Just to add to what everyone else has said, keep in mind that a Quirk (same with defects and boons) isn’t actually added to the tool unless it is levelled to level 1. If the symbol is still greyed out, you’re good.

2 Likes

Just followed this guide and got “Hard hitter” boon on my attempt to get an AOE boon 12 times in a row. Followed the guide, but everytime I used corrupted boon, got “hard hitter”. Started out trying to make 5 hammers, but has so few mats left I can only make 2 now; and only assuming my luck will change so I wont waste anymore materials.

I have all the skills for forging maxed, 1800 vigor, 1800 stability; 200 effectiveness.

This is disheartening :frowning: how do you guys deal with this RNG?

EDIT: Now 15 times hard hitter boon IN A ROW??! wtf is this, :frowning: all that time I spend gathering ressources making pastes and gums and whatnot and now it all gets wasted against this insane RNG.

16th attempt I get a low blow boon, but the guide says it has to be devastating. So back to deconstruction and keep trying. At this rate I think starting out with 5 items for 100 of each materials is WAY to optimistic, 100 materials should be for 1 or 2 items.

Unfortunately, that does happen from time to time. Superstition or boon transmute solvents are some of the great ways to combat it

1 Like