Guild assigned beacon and footfall decay

I have a build with 4 beacons from 4 alts. All 4 alts assigned their beacon to the same guild and gave permissions and coin collect permissions to the guild. 2 of these chars (char A and D) visited the build every few days, the other two chars (B and C) didn’t visit the build since it was plotted two weeks ago.

Today I’ve collected footfall from all 4 beacons with char D, then used another alt (char E) and walked over all 4 beacons in this order: beacon A, B, C, D. After that, this is the footfall that was generated from char E:

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 77
C 79
D 80

There was the open question if footfall decays if the beacon owner does not visit his beacon every 7 days but the guild does visit it. This is the case. If you don’t want reduced footfall, the beacon owner has to visit the beacon every 7 days. Your guild coin collector does not suffice.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot for figuring it out.

define “visit”

Yeah, thanks for doing some testing scruf.

This is very useful information ty!

Enter the Settlement the Beacon is part of.

At least, that’s the official definition. Not sure if it was tested, could be false as well…

Char D did walk up to the beacons every few days and press the E key to interact with it out of curiosity. A, unfortunately I’m not sure if it only entered the plots of the beacon or interacted with his own. B and C stayed on a different planet.

Edit: I actually did expect it to not decay. That’s why I didn’t took more notes.

Needs further testing - great work!

Was character E in the guild? I’m curious.

Char E is not in any guild. Completely unguilded.

Yes when the decay metric was introduced in EA it was defined as the beacon owner not entering the settlement the beacon is in from what I recall.

2 Likes

I didn’t think so… guild members don’t give footfall on guild aligned beacons. :cry:

I have plots at the footfall slide, somedays i only got 24c per visit, even I slide it everyday. Normally i will get around 64-80c per visit

Well that’s because people who continuously visit your beacon give less coin until the timer reset which I think was 5 days and then again goes down. Where as someone who visits once a week will always give max amount of coin.

1 Like

I was wondering if that rule changed with the introduction of guilds, if you let your guild collect your footfall.

I thought it was just people with guild permissions on the plot who don’t give footfall.

Anyone with permissions on your plot(s) as well.

1 Like

No. Even if the beacon is only alligned a guild member no longer generates footfall. Doesn’t even have to be the primary guild

One week later. Char B and C still haven’t visited the build, char A visited it today and char D collected the coins from all 4 beacons.

Then char E visited the build and generated

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 72
C 73
D 80
3 Likes

Another week later. Char B and C still haven’t visited the build, char A visited it today and char D collected the coins from all 4 beacons.

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 66
C 68
D 80

Looks like it is reduced linearly by about 1c per day.

Another week later. Char B and C still haven’t visited the build, char A visited it today and char D collected the coins from all 4 beacons.

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 60
C 62
D 80

Another week later.

Beacon Footfall
A 80
B 55
C 56
D 80