Guild leader took all his plots and left

This is why I don’t trust anyone. Even if one of my brothers got the game, I wouldn’t trust and share my stuff with them. My Beacon and permissions are me, and my alts. No one else. I don’t mind giving things to people, but not giving free 100% access to anything and everyone on my lands.

3 Likes

How do you know he did it?

I can write you stole my resources, that does not mean we even met in-game.

1 Like

What he did was wrong, but it wasn’t against the code of conduct. I think that is what most people here are saying. It’s the same in real life; some things are wrong to do, or frowned upon socially, but aren’t considered illegal.

I lean more toward treating these incidents as learning experiences, rather than grabbing the pitchforks. We can prevent these things from happening in the future by simply being better judges of character.

Also, friendships and trust are built over time. I’m not saying you should treat everyone like a potential thief, but neither should you hand over your house keys to someone you met yesterday.

6 Likes

sure, I agree there’s no way to know if public smearing is justified or not. This is probably one of the main reasons why it’s not allowed at all. I’m not saying this should or shouldn’t be changed.

1 Like

You and your homeless friends are welcomed at THE CUTTLETRUNK FEDERATION! (We have a gateway portal from Ultima Aqua Hub, come on down and pick any spot you want!)

3 Likes

This is why multiple people have said to report it.

If the guild leader did nothing wrong, no action get’s taken by the Devs. Other guild members are sad, rebuild, and put a better share system in place.

If the guild leader did something wrong, as determined by the Devs, then the Devs take appropriate action against that person.

Done, problem solved, can we all go home now?

If you read the first post. He was the Guild Leader of a Settlement, and bought and built up a lot of land with some people, sharing resources and stuff. Then he removed all that land, took the stuff they gave him in the public storage area, and took off.

Effectively, in another MMO system: “He built up a guild, had people fill the Guild Banks with lots of epic rare Items, then kicked everyone else out and kept it for himself.” That kinda situation

^This. look at your future and make new friends =D

3 Likes

Right and wrong are decided on by each person. Just like choosing to be offended by words or not. There is no universal right or not, it is all personal choice/views.

1 Like

Learning experience indeed. I know to trust no one from my experience in previous MMOs.

1 Like

They broke the trust of their community, which they are allowed to do by the rules, so nothing needs to be “corrected”. But others ought to know that they aren’t trustworthy.

While true, there are some things that are widely deemed as socially unacceptable.

2 Likes

But those are just one person words, even if there were hundreds of them saying “He did it!” Where’s the proof? There is none, and that is way you simply can’t name and shame. Period. It’s just a freaking game!

1 Like

That is where you and I differ. I am not a fan of social justice.

More along the lines of common decency.

2 Likes

Moral of the story folks, dont share permissions of things you aren’t willing to lose without knowing where that person lives so they can CATCH THESE HANDS.

1 Like

Supposedly. If I want to say did wrong stuff, does it gives me right to call you out by name, and warn others, though I might never even met you?

Common social, etc… all personal viewpoints no matter how you color it.

That is why I like rules, very simple. This is correct and allowed, this is not correct and not allowed.

Social pressures are trying to hard to overtake the world and gaming.

Fair enough.

I consider what he did wrong, though you might not.

1 Like

I’d just like to offer a small bit of insight to everyone. There were other internal issues taking place. I dont believe this was done with malicious intent. More that he had just been pushed to far. However that doesn’t make the situation better for the rest of the members. But he has not broken any rules. It’s an unfortunate situation regardless. This is exactly why I always use personal storage for my belongings.
Edit: as for naming and shaming it shouldnt be done publically here on forums. However word of mouth is powerful.

3 Likes