Guild leader took all his plots and left

Yeah, I want to loot it too :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ooooh the pitchforks! Canā€™t wait for additional content :yum: /s

1 Like

Pitchfork, hits player for 10 damage, bonus: doubles damage for every player in radius of 100m if that player holds pitchfork too :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And if the player is holding a torch on the other hand it also burns the target.

4 Likes

If you guys arenā€™t able to get the plots and are willing to move me and a friend have been working pretty hard on a settlement the past two weeks or so and would be willing to accommodate all of you :smiley: Weā€™ve been desperately needing some more people in the settlement for the benefit of everyone anyway. Weā€™re currently working on building some portals and getting the main architecture down and as I said could really use the help!

Better go spend $100 to match the number of plots, and footfall money he had. And quick before regen takes all the land away.

Plus,

You should not do this, because you donā€™t know WHY he did what he did. He could have left the game and stopped playing, he could be moving the town, he could simply be conning the stupid and profiting off them. Something you can do in the game already using shopstands, just did it better.

People willingly gave stored items with him, they canā€™t cry about it when he takes said items and runs off. Those people were just stupid, and now they know better.

He out smarted a town/guild, and the people in it, profiting on it. You should be congratuating him, and wishing you thought to do that first.

claps

I approve his cunning ways of making lots of free money, resources, and items. We need more people like him to make everything interesting.

And revealing his name to people, getting people to target and harrass him, hunt him down and torment him? That makes you far more worse than him.

The ā€œNaming and shamingā€ policy of the Code of Conduct is noted within the context of reporting actions that violate the Code. Itā€™s not clear that the player violated the Code at all in this situation. @Steggs101 could we get some clarification on whether the Naming and Shaming policy only applies to alleged code violations or more generally to any allegation of behavior?

I donā€™t condone targeted harassment of ā€œbad applesā€ but I certainly would want to know if one was moving in to my community. Though I recognize it may not be possible to allow one without the other.

People willingly gave stored items with him, they canā€™t cry about it when he takes said items and runs off. Those people were just stupid, and now they know better.

this is all that needs to be said, he did not cheated (in technical way) or broke any rules.
there is no reason to report.

We need more people like him to make everything interesting.

maybe you should try RUST ork ARK :slight_smile:

Apparently people are allowed to lie, steal your storage and blow up your build, but itā€™s against the rules to tell anyone they did it.

2 Likes

This is forbidden. There are no preconditions. Simply donā€™t name and shame, at all. We, he players are not to decide if someone broke code of conduct, or not, we are only to report possible violations through in game tool.

No itā€™s not. Report it in game. Simple. You are not to decide if someone broke rules, you are to report it if you deem it worthy your time.

2 Likes

They did nothing thatā€™s against the rules. Reporting them is wrong.

They can report it, but the devs canā€™t do anything about it by their own ruleset.

1 Like

Funny thing is all of you saying he did nothing wrong are just encouraging more people to do the same. The basis of this game is collaboration. Not let me see how many people I can trick into trusting me, let them compile weeks/months of work into storage, then vanish. Assuming this is what he did it was wrong and well karma will find him wherever he went :slightly_smiling_face:.

Fact of the matter is, if you get more people doing this and getting away with it I donā€™t see it being good for the game in the long run, considering the emphasis they put on collaborative playing.

5 Likes

I only share things with people i have a good/long relationship with for a reasonā€¦ I think this was a (bad word) move on their part, but that happens in life too. I wouldnā€™t name&shame on forums, but even in real life news travels and people who dont behave in mutually beneficial ways donā€™t get return businessā€¦

how do you know they unfriended you? If you friend someone in boundless and they unfriend you then they still appear in your friends list (unless this was changed recently). So how do you know they unfriended you?

2 Likes

That is your interpretation, which may very well be correct, but Iā€™d prefer an official answer.

The problem is this: the user likely did not violate the code of conduct by their actions, and this will likely face no official consequences for their actions. If weā€™re not allowed to even publicly name the person, then there is nothing to stop them from doing it again and again in other communities. I think we all donā€™t want Boundless to devolve into Rust. Maybe there is a better alternative to public naming. But reporting to the devs doesnā€™t seem to be the solution either.

(Just to be clear Iā€™m not part of the affected community, just want to make sure the rules are clear)

Yes this has happened before. You are allowed to gain someoneā€™s trust, get permissions on their beacon, and steal everything. Nobody is allowed to tell anyone you did it. These are the rules of the game.

Bottom line, donā€™t give permission to people you donā€™t trust. If you trust people with things then you are accepting the risk of complete loss yourself alone.

3 Likes

That is correct. Currently there is no mechanism to stop this.

[quote=ā€œceresward, post:56, topic:18324ā€]
If weā€™re not allowed to even publicly name the person , then there is nothing to stop them from doing it again and again in other communities. I[/quote]

But can you answer one simple question: What did he/she done wrong? What do you want to stop him/her from doing?

Stealing shared resources