Hammer debate - Need opinions

Yes it’s the fact that you need to buy more of them. As a result I actually price my speed hammers lower than durability hammers.

Hmm then topaz and amethyst have lower dmg?

Yes Topaz and Amethyst have lower base damage, but they swing faster.

That’s probably why I opted for the sapphire. Need more dmg in them. But we are taking this slight off topic.

Sorry for that.

lol, yes apologies OP! Forgers can talk for hours about forging, haha.

Just for your reference @FireAngelDth and @fidach use this damage calculator if you really want to optimize your forging for specific tasks:

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/dmg/#1,2,4,6,9,1,5,1,5,0,0,0,9,0,0

2 Likes

I now keep stock of a mixture of types of tools, and choose what I think would be most suitable for the job.

But with topaz you have speed of 78 with base + skills, 2400 dura and practically continuous 1 shotting.

Its pretty good, I prefer to sacrifice a little speed to not have to pause for my energy bar to fill as often.

Also note, I was involved in a discussion at some point that, with some testing, it showed swings per second max out at 8.2, even if you keep improving the tool speed.

2 Likes

Ok so from a quick glimpse at that discussion the most optimal set up would be a tool with Action Speed of 40 and using a speed brew?

@wakeNbake @FireAngelDth it’s all good, we’re here to discuss hammers, it’s all good info and definitely gives me an insigt and a better view of the possibilities there are to hammers.

2 Likes

They cost exactly the same to make so that doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

I have that site bookmarked already!

Were you showing the hammers set up?

As I just tweaked that a little, if you can get max damage on ruby you can 1 shot t7 with strength brew (had not noticed before), I’ll need to double check, but if you can then get high busy bee that would be worth a go.

:+1:

I prefer speed over durability. With a star berry pie I can go on and on.

Dmg 9 on a sapphire with strength brew is perfect for T7 and my go to hammer for that.

For T6 I use Ruby with speed too or emerald.

2 Likes

Correct, yes they do but I don’t price them based on profit margin I price them based on what I perceive the value of them to be. I will theoretically sell more speed hammers than durability hammers as the buyer will break them much faster.

Not intentionally showing a hammer set up, just happened to be the stats I had set in the calculator when I copied the link.

Don’t need to max ruby (or sapphire), only need level 9.

@AeneaGames Yes this is my preferred method too, it’s costly for people buying their tools and food but I make my own so I give myself this luxury.

What are the other differences between diamond and emerald other than less energy drained? I know there is a chart showing all of those, not sure where to find it tho.

And I always use Teaching pie for maxinum experience and will not change that either. Brew I could consider changing from fast to something else, given that the benfit is much greater.

Emerald does slightly less bass damage so requires devastating damage lvl 9 for T6 (versus 8 for diamond) also has 20% crit chance but that isn’t really a factor.

I’d consider using starberry pies if I was you, never ever need to stop for stamina this way, teaching pie will no doubt still be faster xp though.

Ah I see. And topaz is super fast but can’t get t6 damage right?

Would topaz hammer with aoe, max speed and enough damage to make t6 1 hit with mega strength brew be better than, say diamond or emerald with t6 damage, speed but mega fast brew? :thinking:

You only stop for 5 seconds anyway. 5 seconds every 45 sec vs double exp all the way seems lile an easy tradeoff, at least for me.

I would think that Amethyst or Topaz would be the faster option, but after seeing the discussion that @fidach linked I’m going to have to reconsider this maybe.

My preferred hammer personally for T6 is a durability emerald with the “increased action speed at full health” quirk. However as it isn’t all that easy to target specific quirks these can be hard to make but offer the best of all worlds, fast attacks with a speed brew and extra durability to make them last.

I forge my own stuff and i use aoe, speed, and dmg. To remain cost efficient i use diamond hammers and i dont go for max speed. Rank 6-7 is enough for me. If I can squeeze out more I will, but rank 6-7 is fast enough. Rank 8 dmg. Top that off with a speed brew and either persisting pie or teaching pie.

1 Like

Heh.

That happens to me with too much sugar too…:wink:

I still can’t quite get my head around not using a persisting pie atm! Will need to try it out though.

1 Like

This is what I make for myself for T7 mining (they one shot with a speed brew), however it takes a LOT of hammer forging to get lucky enough to land these quirks.

Ignore the -10 action speed, that should be +10 as I am at full health (I guess it’s a tool tip display bug)

These are what I use as an alternative

1 Like