Hammer debate - Need opinions

I never really mine on t7 worlds. T6 is where I find xp gotten is the most efficient anyway. Exowarping costs a lot too, especially since I want to keep all rock I get for further exp.

With lots of deco 3 and patience!

I try for sinking feeling on some loot sticks for Reactive lamella gathering, but it’s a pain as you have 0 influence on what quirk arrives.

Its like the normal forge RNG frustration, but with the addition of getting a specific 4th boon that’s completely random. Ugh :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh at the speed I’m mining at I probably end up wasting up to 50 shots, haha. I consider this a small price to pay though.

Yeah quirks are very very much RNG, but I have after many many many forges managed to learn ways to manipulate that RNG just a little bit to favor the quirks I want. I have the luxury of forging gear for my shop so I get to keep the quirk combinations that I like for my own personal equipment and sell the rest.

@fidach there are a few measures that you can take to manipulate the quirks towards what you are after… but still yes, as you say, very much at the mercy of RNG.

No seriously tho. I don’t know how to forge quirks on a tool. Lol my methods don’t get quirks. Only possibly defects which I remove if I have the vigor or I decon it.

Oh, use draining boon compound instead of the corrupting boon compound. Use Quirk Transmute to change quirks.

Ah!

Yeah don’t use corrupted, use imperfect or draining.

One of the things that we do is make the Were/Sol Hammers so you can mine T7 with no needed brews or similar.

With this set up, you can then have a persisting pie and a speed brew and that’s typically more then enough to get that sweet, sweet rush of destroying an entire mountain in a few seconds.

By forging things in certain ways, you can avoid using a strength brew, which really frees up your buff slots.

I always go persisting pie and speed brew. Durability or speed don’t matter to much for the third stat of the hammer at that point for me, they both go so fast.

Personally I love quirks, makes for a cheap forge hammer and some interesting outcomes but for boons i do damage 7+ , 3x3, and durability 7+. People argue that speed is better since they have the gems to make more. But if you got a lot of gems and lots of durability you basically never run out of gems either, also requires more secondary materials to make more hammers.

For myself, speed (almost posted that without the ‘s’…) all the way And no quirks.
Once I had tried a high damage speed hammer (with speed brew) there was no way I could ever go back.
Pew pew pew all the way…time saving and good fun.
Luckily for me, @AeneaGames provides top notch hammers, at Nova Golda, at a very reasonable price, along with speed brews and persisting pies.

3 Likes

I may have to test out some speed hammers then. Do a test sample of 20some hammer or something :thinking:

So did we agree (generally in this topic) which type of hammer would be the best for t6 mining?:joy: so many opinions

Wood hammer with AOE 4?

2 Likes

Lol There is never any agreements with it!

Diamond hammers are pretty easy to make in bulk no matter the Tier, that’s why they’re so popular.

The other ones can be useful too, especially if you’re making them yourselves, but may require a strength brew.

Diamond with speed, speed brew, and persisting pie really gives you a huge bang for your buck, in my opinion.

Stop by the Golden Fist and pick some up yourself! Some quirks will even get you a higher speed too… don’t accidentally let go!

Oh no, Wood hammer with AOE 5! And a wonky trigger.

1 Like

Aenea might have all the T7 wood AOE 5 hammers…oh here she is now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

T6 mining? 3x3, +40/45/50 action speed, dmg lvl 9, emerald…
(which is always kinda funny, if I put up a stack of T6 hammers for sale people seem to somehow prefer the diamond ones, as if they think the emerald ones aren’t good enough, but they are, they one shot too with the right dmg lvl…)

T7, dmg lvl 9, as much speed as possible, strength brew, sapphire

3 Likes

I love a good T6 emerald hammer. Im going to try Topaz and strength brews soo though or maybe sapphire even

Topaz will never get you to T6 1 hitter without a strength brew tho…

Correct, i have a surplus of mega strength brews I need to use. Figure i can use them with a Topaz hammer.

That works wonders, yeah :slight_smile:

Do you know what level DMG would need to be on a Topaz hammer and a Sapphire hammer with AOE 4 while using a Mega Strength brew? Figure ask a expert :wink: tried using the damage calculator, though cant figure out the setting for when using brews.

1 Like