Hammer debate - Need opinions

dmg lvl 8 for topaz is enough with a mega strength

lvl 7 for sapphire…

6 for ruby

4 for emerald

3 for diamond

And this right here is something many people seem to overlook…

Can’t forge well enough? Go with strength brews, add as much speed and 3x3 and dmg lvl 3 on a diamond hammer and go to town!

It’s for this reason alone that I even bother to forge diamond at all.

Only DMG 3 on a diamond AOE 4 hammer with a strength brew??? HA WHA!!!

Yup! usually dmg already gets to level 3 or 4 when you first get it anyway! Stop right away, concentrate on speed!

PS. those are dmg levels for a Mega Strength brew…

1 Like

Ya know, I think I’m gonna introduce the cheap T6 line of one hitting 3x3 tools where you need a Mega Strength brew!

Soon ™ at Original Forgeries! :smiley:

1 Like

Good idea, ill get started!

Nooooo! stealing my idea! :smiley:

And I need to go to bed, hmpf…

Wahahaha!

1 Like

Hmmm now im thinking about stocking more than just diamond AoE hams it sounds like they would sell well

1 Like

I tend to mine in a very specific way, using both hammer and shovel to clear neat tunnels, however, mining rift on the current t7 has driven me slightly mad, because it seems every good hotspot gets ransacked within the first day. So it’s actually hard to be a slow and steady miner if you want to keep up. I also try to make the most out of every tool, so durability would top my list over speed. I think mag collector is a bit overlooked too. If used with a high control miner build, it’s pretty much essential. I find having that higher control is great when mining in areas that others have already been in, and you have to work around the Swiss cheese tunnels to find what they missed.

I go for durability wherever possible, and run durability drain and persist most of the time. Sometimes it’s fun to eat some starberry pie and just tear stuff up but being in the camp of those who usually buy tools that durability matters.

I do buy some random third boon hammers when they’re cheap though, or aenea’s slacking.

With regards to the teaching pies, a good bit of time and several configurations in my tree farm have me fully convinced that while the character profile is listing bonuses additively, they’re being applied multiplicatively.

So nobody has yet convinced me that 200% experience is worth giving up 182% experience plus 182% loot, over 182% of the playtime with the same tool.

IMO speed hammers are for people with time crunch, or those who are saving coins forging their own tools. I do prefer mega speed but go to strength when it’s needed to 1 hit rocks.

1 Like

Ahhh, insomnia, such a bad thing for my competition, muahahahahaha

Introducing the Budget Line™ of tools, 3x3, +50 action, T6 1 shot WITH a Mega Strength brew!

Only 5999c

2 Likes

Oh and BTW, what even more people don’t realise, is that the new Strength bombs give +25% strength as well.

So many options to get good enough gear to mine at high levels these days!

I feel like I need to copy every post to Word and read it about 50 times or more to understand it all, :slight_smile:

Something that has me wondering, why am I getting sometimes a - (negative) in front of some numbers in some areas? It can be in any of the stats on the hammer, the durability, the ranking, anywhere. They are in purple colors.

How do I stop those negative numbers from showing up?

I believe those will be defects?? Are you using corrupting boon compound?

No, no defects, I need to get online and show a image of one of my hammers with the negatives in them.

The could only be from defects or quirks. But yes, a picture will help please.

here is one that has the negative I was talking about

Here is another one that doesn’t have any purple in it

how can I keep the negative from showing up? I have no idea that I will have it until the tool or weapon is finished

Ahhh I see what is happening there. When you forge the +all affect adjacent boon it reduces the tool damage by 60%, this is the payoff for making a tool hit 9 blocks at once. In order to over come this you have to also forge the devastating damage boon high enough to overcome the 60% damage decrease.

In the first picture you have got the AOE boon, the critical damage boon and the durability boon. So overall your damage is decreased by 600 (60%) due to the AOE boon.

So how do I get the devastating damage higher? Still learning what to do, sometimes good, sometimes okay, others I cringe when it comes out.

Thinking I can set up a stand with them at the G. Mall and see if I can sell them real cheap. Not sure what to ask, but figure a low/mid level player could use them on a level 1 and 2 planets, maybe even a level 3.