Harassment

The devs really should prioritize bringing the hammer down on harrasment ingame and on this forum. They are way to lax about this and it can alienate even the most invested player. The report function ingame does not work, and flagging post on the forum does nothing but autoclose the topic for a while, and then its a race to be the first jerk to spew vile ■■■■ when it opens again.

You wont notice or care about this untill it effects you.

Organized online gaming communities have become such a toxic ***fest. Cesspools like the LOL communties have really made their mark and it makes me feel awfull thinking about it.

All behaviour that is unacceptable in real life should be condoned the same way online.

It saddens me it isnt so.

People arent exchanging opinions or debating they are just looking for the easiest way to run over, demonize and patronize people they disagree with. People have no interest in inquiering about the specifics of why people do or say what they do.

They are just interested in attacking.

That is one thing that dissapoints me but the dealbreaker for me is when people bring their arguments out into the game and still no action is taken.

With such a small communtiy i’d realky wish people would try to be respectfull and mature. This game has and should have a low tolerance for toxcicity.

Good luck out there, have fun.
Be nice.

15 Likes

It’s getting better. Some people are just loud and obnoxious in real life… if you start punishing everyone who has an outburst you’ll push people out of the community and onward to other games. I’ve quit playing games before because of prick moderators on the forums.

1 Like

@Tomir are you being harassed or just starting a discussion?

1 Like

The report function works, However it will take them some time to get around to reviewing the report and take action if they deem an action needs to be taken,

If you report someone and need to know the outcome, or the status, then you need to follow up with an email to the following address

support@turbulenz.com

And ask them what is going on with the report.

Flagging posts used to do something sometimes when Steggs was still working here. However ever since he resigned. There has not been anyone who seems to be filling his role in full yet.
Furthermore we have 2 “moderators” here who seem to have more then proven themselves at the role (Havok40k and Stretchious).

However it seems for some reason the devs do not want to give them actual moderator power and as such they seem to only be allowed to close topics and nothing more and therefore they cannot punish the player but only the topic.

This is something I asked about here

2 Likes

They’ve previously claimed that owning plots near them, not building enough, and not talking to them is harassment.

3 Likes

I believe in the sayings “treat others how you wish to be treated” and “harm none, do as ye will.”

That said, I also tend to keep my head down and not rock the boat. Keeps me as non-threatening as possible.

I used to work in a call center for after-hours business travel. It was busy and stressful and more than a few times went home bawling bc the ppl calling in don’t treat the person answering as an actual human being who is trying to help with what limited power they can.
Hurricane season was the worst, and more ppl chose that time to use their pto bc here’s a secret–a lot of those ppl are on anti depressants bc of their job and just reach their limit. So the few ppl who are left get bombarded even more.

I feel like the ppl dealing with the harassment claims are in the same position as those few who come in during hurricane season.
Hundreds, if not thousands of claims waiting to be addressed, with numerous repeats, most angry, probably with not enough information to even do anything with, or its just basically someone chewing them out for reasons out of their control.
This is a small company. Maybe there’s only one or two very overworked and underappreciated individuals working on it.

6 Likes

Sadly, this is human nature mixed with money. The devs need to get paid, and they’ll take it from pretty much any audience. I feel this game is built more honorably than something like Fortnite, but you’re still gonna get obnoxious people with no moral boundaries, who have plenty of money to sling around. Best thing to do is sit back and watch the show, cause there’s no way to stop it without actually id’ing people as morally superior or bereft, and then segregating them. Tommy Lee Jones said it in Men in Black: “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.” A gaming audience will always have that people factor.

7 Likes

As I said the same word 1 month ago when i suffer with the same situation.
"The Code of Conduct is a joke".
Devs they made the rules, but no one is actually doing the punishment lol.
I got black mail by one players one month ago, the only thing they can do is give that player a warning :thinking:
I provided all the evidence even with screen shot for them and reports so many times for that player.
That player basically trolling us for like entire month.
I am also the one who keep dealing with that weird person for entire month.
This was one of the reasons i took break for 1 month.

I appreciate how dev spent his time and help me on this issue,
but the result is ridiculous unbelievable.
I still see the same player after 1 month this time return :joy:

So how come the coc is not a joke when no punishments to the people who against the rule clearly :thinking:

Now i am glad more people feel the pain i had experienced 1 month ago.
So, they can finally take this issue more serious.

They really need to hire a team or a department to handle this issue.
Its really important things to host a multi players game.
They also need to glad this game is not famous enough to attract any “bot” involve.
Otherwise the situation will be even worse.

*If i am not running a big city and a guild, i will attacked back with my way earlier and rage quit maybe.
But as long as we are bigger target, and love the game and all the works we have done.
Really hopeless when you suffer in this situation.

I believe @Tomir will understand my feeling :sob:

A best suggestion for you, right now maybe rage quit for 1 month like i did.
Due to current population drop rate, the troll may quit as well after 1 month later.
This how i did, and this time i return, i find out all his friends quit, and he quit too i guess.
(haven’t seem that player in this game for long time.)

Rebuild everything again, and have a new mood to the game again.

5 Likes

This is not a big game at all. And I have played a game, which in its prime had more players then boundless, where very select players were given the power to ban players off of the official and only server of that game and the system worked well, that is far more power then giving someone the power to mute someone on the forums. Also in that game, I myself had the power to ban people out of the town I was elected an position in.

So they either have to hire someone to fill the role, or give out a little more trust to one or both of the two players i mentioned.

Due to limitations of the discourse forum engine, we community mods can’t be granted further mod powers without being exposed to sensitive details like email and IP addresses. It’s risky and unwise to grant access to such data to just anyone…

3 Likes

Which is why I specifically mentioned the two “mods” i have seen doing the most work in this regards. not just anyone.

…Or are you trying to tell us something about your own morals and ethics?

Furthermore I feel Mods should be allowed to email offending players if it is deemed needed, I really don’t see a problem with that part of it

No, I’m saying we’ve already looked into what you’re suggesting and this is the reason it was decided against.

1 Like

Well thats a shame. then they need to rehire Steggs or someone else to take his place as he was the only staff member that I witnessed making corrective actions

Yes, we are in need of a new CM. Steggs won’t be returning, he’s quite happy where he is now. Hopefully the position gets filled very soon.

3 Likes

During the summer break I worked at a company that builds and administers apartments. I knew the owners so I was given management tasks, but mostly I was helping with making calls and answering calls from customers for a new dorm we built. The people who called were really nice to me, whether they were parents or students. Out of the 800 people I called, maybe three were assholes. Idk maybe it’s because they’re students, or maybe because most of them were female, but it made the job very easy.

One funny thing is that I’m 19, and my voice is still soft so alot of people thought I was a woman and answered me with “Mam” or "Ms":joy::joy:

2 Likes

And the topic turns to childish harassment.

8 Likes

You are so sincere and truthful I totally agree with you ,but this is the price we pay for playing online.I wont tolerate any ■■■■ off anyone I meet I just block em first sign of trouble no messing.Theres not much you can do but just ignore or report it if it’s against yourself ,pretend they don’t exist ,or just play solo like me I’m quite happy on my own I love it building n gathering stuff but I’m happy to stop n chat but only if there nice.You got all different ages playing boundless so theres always gonna be riff raff.People don’t have to listen to others arguments best to ignore infact I wouldn’t even argue back I’d just block em report it and totally ignore bad behaviourmjust like real life don’t take it block it.Anyway thanks for highlighting this problem.i don’t have any issues I’m good but like you said it can happen out the blue at any time to anyone so really just learn to ignore .Beaming cosmicori wishes to ya by the way I live in lamblis I know your place it’s nice you care but that’s because you got a big heart ,just keep being you and never stop expressing your opinions it’s good to get it off ya chest.bye for now I’ll beam over sometime .

2 Likes

Maybe your suggestion works for your play style.
But i think Tomir is running a big city as well if i remember it correctly.

I run a city as well, so i know his feeling.
When we running a city with our friends, we really can’t just ignore those people.
It affect not only myself but also our friends and our members.
When you work so hard to connect everyone in one place, and ruined by a random players in 1 day or 1 week, the feeling is really really bad.

We may spend 1- 2 months to build up a nice city for a lot of people to join us, and trying out many ways to improve the city traffic. Sometimes we promote it on forum, discord, in-game…etc, but when we see our members get pissed off, and rage quit the game. I think its hard for you to understand this i guess.
I mean if i am solo player, i can simply change a place or find out other solution.
But when you running a big city, you really don’t have that kind of choice.
Also if we connect to the portal seeker networks again, it means that same trolls can still find us.
So we are going to move it again ? Maybe not i think.

3 Likes

Your spot on what you said ,I am looking at it from my solo player view ,I haven’t a big city to run I’ve just turned into a town recently but I play solo and don’t need to interact with anyone.,so I have know idea about all of the situation.When you say trolls can find you do you mean they plot right next to you ? Sorry I’m unaware of what there doing thats causing problems.I thought the only thing that’s against the rules of this game is plotting infront of your build and in that case it gets reported then normally the devs will move them.I thought if someone harasses you then it’s easy to block them.If you are on about plotting next to our buildings and stopping your city from expanding then the only way round that is to plot any land you need.Makes me curious as to what those trolls are doing to u lot.Whatever they are doing those devs should reply n sort it out well they are meant to.They do have guidelines I’ve experienced a player literally building his portal room smack bang infront of my pyramid ,it wasnt funny at the time I just blocked him and reported it in game after few days he had to remove it all ,he was a person I met here on boundless seemed nice enough but deliberately stuck it there to annoy me …and he thought by putting the ugly building infront of my pyramid it would bring him some coin to his shop on another world through the portal he randomly made.Now if he build it away from my door and further to the side then he has every right to if I’ve not actually plotted it,so the rules are there, as for verbal harrassment again they will be sorted out by the devs they say what they wont tolerate I’ve read all rules.But if it’s about some people plotting near your city its allowed if it’s not plotted.must be a pain having a cuty to run though .Thanks for your feedback its interesting to hear about others opinions n what is going on.Dont let those trolls win whatever you do!I hope things work out for everyone really if they are breaking rules then they should get banned from boundless.

2 Likes

Just wanna say I’m glad I didn’t close this thread now. Trolls will get what they deserve eventually, even the persistent ones that keep coming back. They can’t be allowed to win.

5 Likes