Hello Ortians! Long time no see šŸ˜…

Hey All! :wave:t3:

I hope everyone is doing good, and keeping safe during the pandemic! Iā€™ve decided itā€™s time for me to return to the boundless universe and start playing again :raised_hands:t3:

Quick question about the new system that saves all your items from a beaconā€¦ If i break my beacon, will it save everything situated within that beacon? For example, everything in machines, stored on shelves, every block in the build etc etc?

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all around :slight_smile::heart:

23 Likes

Welcome back :blush: :smile:

2 Likes

you have to choose the reclaim option from that beacon rather than the delete or if the beacons naturally expires it will all be reclaimed. everything is reclaimed (I tested it out on a great citys worth of matsā€¦worked fine)
and welcome back!

4 Likes

Lol, except it crashed the planet for like, 12 hoursā€¦

6 Likes

So when Iā€™m removing the beacon thereā€™s an option to reclaim or when I make the new beacon?

1 Like

a small sacrifice :stuck_out_tongue:

on the current beacon there is now the option. you can then reclaim all the goodies on a new beacon

3 Likes

Welcome backkk!

I suggest you read the update post about the reclaim system like i did. Spend 5 mins reading it and save yourself the regrets of messing something up. Annnnd good luck!

2 Likes

good idea

4 Likes
  1. Go to the beacon of the place you want to move & select the reclaim option.
  2. Everything on the beacon will be gathered into a ā€œcloud storageā€ and ash blocks will be left behind in their place.
  3. Go to the beacon where youā€™d like to move your items to (or place a new beacon) and go to the ā€œreclaimā€ tab to initiate the reclaim.
  4. In the beacon, youā€™ll now see a new storage area where you can retrieve all of your items. You canā€™t add items to it, only remove items.
4 Likes

Also, do as i did if you wish and harvest all your plants before reclaiming. I personally didnt want them to become seeds. I wanted the crop. Also i understood that you should not remove the new beqcon where you activated your reclaim inventory because you will lose everything. Aaalso, items with very low durability might not be reclaimed.

Just read the update post haha

4 Likes

Welcome back, so great to see you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Not sure if this bug has been logged, but thought I would inform you of it again if so :man_shrugging:t3::sweat_smile:

When retrieving items from your reclaimed beacon, on PS4 using the R2 button to pull them Quickly into your inventoryā€¦ it pulls up the search tab (as thatā€™s also R2) which is slightly inconvenient @james @Leahlemoncakes :see_no_evil::slight_smile: (Hi both of you btw :wave:t3:)

1 Like

This issue is fixed and will be released in the next update.

12 Likes

Welcome back :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome back @illuminawtyness!

2 Likes

@illuminawtyness nawty-chan is Back \ (^-^) /

2 Likes

Welcome back @illuminawtyness !

2 Likes

Welcome back @illuminawtyness :grin:

1 Like

Welcome back @illuminawtyness

1 Like

Welcome back brutha, good to see you again!

1 Like