HELP! Give us your feelings for crop growing duration?

We’ve putting in the initial balance for the farming update and we’d like to get input from the community about how long everyone feels the crops should take to grow. What’s the fastest and what’s the slowest? Some crops are entry-level for new players. Some crops are high-end for experienced players.

The following survey questions are referring to real life durations, so 1 day means you’ll need to come back the following day to get your harvest. Crops will obviously continue to grow whilst you’re offline. These times are durations from planting seeds to harvesting crops.

We’re interested in the range from the fastest growing durations for the entry-level crops to the slowest durations for the high-end crops. Don’t worry about the prestige plants which are a special case.

We’re keeping the responses private until we have 100 responses.

How long should the fastest entry-level crop reach maturity?

• 24 minutes
  • 1 hour
  • 2 hours
  • 4 hours
  • 8 hours
  • 1 day
  • 2 days
  • 4 days
  • 1 week
  • 2 weeks
  • 4 weeks

0 voters

How long should the slowest high-end crop reach maturity?

• 24 minutes
  • 1 hour
  • 2 hours
  • 4 hours
  • 8 hours
  • 1 day
  • 2 days
  • 4 days
  • 1 week
  • 2 weeks
  • 4 weeks

0 voters

22 Likes

This should be almost instant IMO. 24 minutes is way too long for the most basic crop.5-15 mins MAX for the most basic crop.

Please keep in mind…“entry level players” are basically play-testing & deciding whether or not they will invest time in the game & tell their friends about it. Waiting 1/2 an hour for wheat (or whatever it will be) is too long.

9 Likes

Oh Jesus I’m still happy. 24 mins for entry to get people hooked and used to it!

2 weeks for high end due to rarity and hopefully an increased yield due to time taken to bring to fruiting stage.

I am oh dear Jesus excited that y’all are looking at variable growth stages. So so so excited about that.

3 Likes

I can’t really answer since we have no idea how it works in the end, we don’t know what products we can receive, how many do we get per plant or what the atmospheres have to do with it.

I’d hate to do a farming run on 9 different planets every 2 hours, if that’s what’s required to make a decent amount of X. But I’d also hate if I had to wait a week to get just a few X with a huge farm.

17 Likes

24 mins must have a reason, we could be deluded in tier 1 items? Maybe if we understood the rationale there it’s be easier to get behind. I also think 10-15 mins would be max ideally but perhaps there is a reason and it’s help if they told us why.

It all depends on what we will get in the end. 4 days and 1 week in my opinion if the reward is worth it
Do not forget that the players will build a HUGE farms.

2 Likes

I agree, i think yields play a big part in how long the plants should take. But maybe they plan to base yields on how long we want to wait between harvests

3 Likes

I can’t image what would be so amazing that I’d be willing to wait a month to grow.

I mean, a spaceship or a pet would be the only things lol

12 Likes

I would like something like to improves the crops over time. Like having them yield more loot, grow faster etc by some cross-breeding feature.

Ex : If a first planted crops yield something after 1 days, then after some type of “cross-breeding” ,it would decrease that time.

@james get this as a suggestion if it’s not already something.

4 Likes

I answered
24mins
Fastest
And
4days
Slowest

Could need more info to make my answer better.

6 Likes

I think the hardest ones could be a “daily”, but make it 20h instead of 24 so your daily variances don’t mess it up immediately.

The easiest could be as you said closer to 5min, I was put off a bit in the beginning with all the 10min crafting times, but nowadays 10 minutes is a blazing fast speed.

7 Likes

I’m sure there will be fertilizer or a forged water can that can decrease times or increase yield, or increase prestige crop longevity.

Earthyam crops for 24 min seem to make sense.

I know I’d lose interest in a crop if I had to wait probably anymore then a week to get anything from it.

Ideally, 30mins-24 hours.

3 Likes

I am apprehensive about the feedback here. As players people that want things fast are usually pretty loud about it.

I say 1 hour for the low level plants.

1-2 days for the longer plants.

Farming if it is too instant will be a burnout system. A breath from a design standpoint would benefit the feel of the experience.

10 Likes

A Warframe takes 4 days to make and a top weapon takes 1 day…that’s top gear & you get worthy items.

Some things in RS & Trove take hours to grow = :persevere: so a lot of ppl don’t participate in that part of the game.

Do we have to continually fertilize or water the crops to keep them alive?

3 Likes

I think this will be easier to answer once it’s available on Testing…

9 Likes

I see a lot of people wanting near instant gratification of these things but I think that a longer period would be better. That’s of course if the yield was commiserate with the time/effort.

Perhaps there could be an option to extend the growth time if you wanted to increase the yield and efficiency.

I enjoy playing farming games. I enjoy real life farming and gardening. I’d really prefer if we didn’t get a mobile-lite FarmVille-esque version of farming but the masses want what they want.

8 Likes

I can see forged water cans that increase crop growth rate :smiley:

That’s what I put as well. To me for some reason that just seems good.

1 Like

It can be, but totally depends on the upkeep in between AND what the yield will be and probably on a lot of other factors…

1 Like