HELP! Give us your opinion on refactoring prestige calculation?

That sounds lit

I love that idea! You could even designate corporate branding colors and blocks of those colors get a prestige buff. Like this town is supposed to be all black and turquoise, so use them colors son!

1 Like

Yep - people could build what they want, but it would strongly encourage themes. Would make cities way more fun.

Now if only there were a good way to encourage proper freaking roads…

Yeah, roads was something I was thinking about if we had a system of settlement buffs. Roads could get movement bonuses with the appropriate laws.

It’d also be cool to implement foot traffic pattern devices like those things you see on roads in real life that count people driving over them. That way, the settlement could get an idea of what areas are attracting fewer people and maybe make changes to help.

Maybe that’s a step too far, but I’m a big ole government nerd.

U ever play cities: mass transit expansion?

Nope! I’ve played a bunch of city/civ builders though, so I’m definitely partial.

I’d say the RPG elements of Boundless shouldn’t be forgotten though.

Sim city had some similar things, but cities mass transit has great traffic heat maps and all sorts of roads subways monorails etc. pretty neat game

1 Like

Heatmaps would be cool!

ATM it has ZERO RPG elements… just a early minecraft clone without what made minecraft fun, (red stone)

You level up and increase your stats as well as buy in to specialized feats. Add that to the crafting scaling mechanisms and you’ve got RPG. Just because there isn’t a story doesn’t mean it doesn’t have tons of RPG elements.

Minecraft has some too.

1 Like

I guess… but game is the issue here. We are role playing, at what? being a store owner? There is no game…yet.

No real goal, aside making money and building stuff for people to either A try to take over, or B Complain that you’re in their space.

(I am AB+)

I’m O positive, but why are we stating blood types :wink:

Man I wish this game had redpower2

lol I want to be able to make traps, for both players and creatures… I am mean I know.

Ark much? Lol :wink:

Hah I did play ark for quite awhile, but real pvp with the ability to destroy bases would be cool. (Make them auto-regen placed blocks to make it not harsh)… however make it so any items inside say a storage could be stolen.

That way, the young people wont cry when their base gets destroyed as it can regen… BUT they still can lose something, and people have a reason to go and raid etc.

This seems very unfair to people who for whatever reason cannot log in. As a shopkeeper you have no idea when you will sell out.

I have. Some people do it very well.

How about adding something new rather than rebalancing that which you already have?

Who is going to be able to set these laws? I think this could never work under the current system, the trolls would just do whatever they need to do to gain warden then change the laws to “only gleam towers get prestige”. Then we’re back to the current situation but it’s even worse, because you can’t even fight to retake the settlement.

Laws are great - for those with the power to change them. Think about all the drama that goes on with real-world politics. Do we really want to bring that into Boundless too?

1 Like

I for one want those huge ugly gleaming towers to not count. I see these are eyesores. Look out and see a huge white tower sticking up in the sky. Yeah, real nice to look at.
Even worse, the rainbow one, Huge, gleaming, taking over seeing the view, I like to look out and see the various planets in the sky. Stop what I am doing and just stand there and look. It is relaxing, relieves stress, at least for me.

Prestige should not let a person be able to take over a settlement. That to me is easy to understand. Build a huge, gleaming monstrosity and take over a town, settlement/city and you have destroyed all the work of those who started it from scratch. In real life if someone took over a small country and changed the name to what they wanted there would be a huge outcry and a battle started to help the country get their land back.
Here, someone builds a huge gleaming tower beside a established town and what happens? They take over, get to become warden and change the name. That to me is what is the negative aspect of prestige.
What needs to be done to measure it? Gleam should not get as much points as it does. Now with the number of players and the established ones who can go and mine it, it is easy to get. Bought 100 gleam yesterday, for 13 coins each, they had refined for 25 coins each.
I’ve seen stores/shops that make me want to gag at how gaudy they look and know they get high prestige and the beautiful wood and stone house that looks like a country estate not get any recognition, Beautiful house, nice garden, took a section of the plot that had water and turned it into a pool, it was lovely.
Prestige should not be connected to town ownership, naming a town or becoming a warden, or whatever title is used. I go with voting, and you had to have been a member of the town for a set period so Joe can’t come in with his friends and take over a small settlement, put in ugly gleaming towers, rename the place with something crude and have bragging rights to a beautiful town they did not create. Because, lets be honest, they only wanted the place for the prestige they could get and the already established town.
Sorry to be so long.

3 Likes