HELP! Give us your opinion on the balance of beacon compactness?

If the beacon is already uncompact then plotting restrictions are removed.

This will be seen with pre-existing beacons and also if you or someone else removes enough adjoining plots to render your beacon uncompact.

lol Then I’m gonna paint the mall all purple and send it in with my appeal. :grin:

1 Like

ill support you! im sure it wil be fine

2 Likes

Sorry you are correct on an existing build it will let you do what you need to in order to become compact. After release it will prevent you from expanding once you get to the uncompact level.

Not sure if this quoted right, but there was this that he did say, which suggests we can still plot over, and the only negitive is prestige?

interesting it looks quoted right but then he says this.

On test when I plot
1- if placing a plot in a specific location will make the beacon uncompact it stops me from making the beacon more uncompact.
2 - I can still place plots in other spots where I am not making the beacon uncompact.
3 - I can have more that one spot where adding a plot would make the beacon uncompact and it will not let me add plots there but I can add plots where it makes the build more compact.

Heureka would have same problem as your town, and he is solo player and his beacons are all together. The holes in it and the “outside”
streets screw down the compactness level very much, even it looks quite compacted in its whole. The Whole would be uncompact aswell.

1 Like

in german layout ( QWERTZ ) the key “,” and “.”
(can you add this to the top post, cost me some time to find the key on german keyboard)

@james first great work with the webapp, can you let this webapp forever ?

and I have 1 question over it
atm

bevor long time

if i change the date only the current status of the plot is displayed
is this like you planned it ?

can you maybe make the picture in a spoiler pls, otherwise the post is ultra long :wink:

there are images from previous dates, but the beacon-analysis is only available for the latest data. (I dont know if he “planned” it to still be visible when changing dates; but this is why it doesnt update the beacon overlay)

it would be great to see if we change something ingame how it change the compactness

Orange-is-the

NOT ON BOUNDLESS ITS NOT! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

And yet at this time, this feels to be exactly what you are doing, as it stands at this point in time. At least for me and my own situation.

Honestly might be considering quitting the game if the changes get pushed to live as they seem to stand right now, at this point in time.

3 Likes

Now we need a way to transfer beacon to another beacon, from one character to another to fix the compactness issues. Wouldn’t be an issue without the reservation plots but since it’s in the game i don’t wanna lose my plotted area because i need to transfer it.

8 Likes

The beacon part that is making up the mall will definitely be compact - highlighted in red. But the area on the left and bottom are highly uncompact - highlighted in green. Snipping off the bit on the far left could be enough at the current threshold level. The system should allow expansion.

2 Likes

I think it would be helpful if beacon transfers came 1st (if they are being considered)

3 Likes

i do not understand why the maps shows that picture withe uncompactness for this road system while my beacon on grovidias te shows compact when it’s on is own beacon. it does not show compact for 2 beacon i used for expansion(on the same character)

This :point_down: connected to the mall & isn’t mine. It’s over water. If I delete my expansion road that leads to it (fatter road w nodes to the right of the circle - & my road was there 1st, b4 they connected to it), this person won’t be able to run across the water to the mall.

I can remove some of this :point_down:, but that will be cutting off the newer area that people are expanding into, ripping up expensive roads that were costly (material-wise and time-wise) to create. We dug through hills of sand with AOE tools. :pensive: But if some of this peaceful, non-malicious building is going to fall under “abuse”, then it will be removed :woman_shrugging:

mine

2 Likes

James said in his original post that this would be punishable since its intentionally circumventing the rules

Is that GMall?

1 Like