HELP! Give us your opinion on transferring and selling beacons!

Which is why we have rules, to communicate that abuse of select features is not allowed and risks getting your account banned.

Extortion is an actual crime by legal standards. At least where I live, Section 518 of the CA Penal code

You Extort someone, you get Banned, Simple.

1 Like

There definitely needs to be some sort of a solution for this.

We already have the CoC in place and we already trade beacons so there is no fear in “legitimizing” extortion of plots. Its against the rules and will be dealt with by the devs. However, beacon transfer a huge QoL improvement that removes the paranoia from unplotting your builds to replot with alts or give to people. If I had the ability to easily transfer plots to folks, I would be more willing to help others with their guild and community builds.

“Hey, P, I’m 1k plots short for our new cool awesome community build. Would you grab this area two plots high so I can continue building? We’d be able to take it from you in a couple months.” This would be a no problem for me if it was easy to xfer. However it takes an hour or so to safely deplot an area this size and its easy for the person to accidentally miss a section when they replot it.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why people keep focusing on extortion… I’m not really talking about that. Plus in this game it is kind of hard to prove whether that is what someone is doing.

Because you yourself more or less said it.

Holding something hostage is typically done to Extort something from someone.

1 Like

Yes but trying to use laws and CoC and all the other tricks to argue the larger point I was making away isn’t really doing anything. I said a lot of other things clearly showing the concerns across the board. As communicated a few times the main point isn’t the “extortion” but how the game feature enable, support, and promote the type of play and other things helping those that weaponize plots. No difference than people playing the prestige annexation and footfall trap stuff we see now because the game is promoting that type of play.

So how do I solve my problem of not being able to give my beacon to someone because of people having plot protection on. Just wait for a dev to get on and decide they have time to help me give it to them?

2 Likes

Many functions that involves any type of interaction with another player can be „Weaponized“. As my example before, with being able to use chat to convince someone to kill themselves IRL, Oh yes, It can and has happened. What is a worse weapon then that? Psychological Warfare and Trauma. Do you also support the removal of any and all chat systems in the game because it might be abused or otherwise seen as a way to „enable“, „support“ and „promote“ sadistic behavior between 2 or more players?

If your logic is that it can enable and support and promote types of toxic behaviors and game play, maybe we should go thru the game and strip out absolutely everything that can be seen in that light. with the end result being something that is only a little better then a single player game.

1 Like

Well first are you sure they have plot protection on? Second if you don’t because you are surrounded then we should at least have that ability to cover all the areas that you wouldn’t lose the plots and just don’t know you wouldn’t. Third, we start to understand how they plan to protect against those taking advantage of the system or provide other feature options on how to help with the area of concern.

Lastly in the case of you quiting the game there is an option that the person just has permissions and takes over the plots to keep them fueled under your name. That is ok for now until maybe at the point there is a better solution.

I’ve never said I was against selling/transfer, I’ve listed concerns on how people would take advantage of it and that those things should be considered and worked towards a solution. If we don’t do that we will continue the trend of releasing bad gaming functions that just cause more problems in the long run. We’ve seen that all over the place in this game.

You continue down the path of trying to use examples and other scenarios to try to prove a point that has no relevance to the discussion point I made. Additionally, you continue to try to create some link to my “logic” and fail to understand the basis of the point I made.

If you feel it is needed to go in and block everything in the game from those that could take advantage of it then you are welcome to start those conversations. I’m not interested in that right now. Instead I focus on ensuring we don’t bring features in that enable more abuse of situations or allow people to exploit systems even more.

I don’t. It is to show the reason of why preventing a function that is mostly harmless, because players might abuse it, is as absurd as the example I made.

You think players are going to abuse it, I say players can abuse just about anything given to them, and that is why such things can be policed, and people be banned for abusing them. Let the feature happen, and punish players who abuse it.

You are welcome to your opinion but my points are not absurd. Putting things in the game can enable and promote people to act certain ways. That isn’t absurd - that is an obvious cause and effect type possibility. It also might mean some people wouldn’t do those things.

Yea I’m sure it’s on. As I have land plotted around the building and unplotted a square and it had a protected zone up now from my neighbor. And I’d rather them have it because me quitting the game means me deleting my characters and never coming back.

„A player might abuse it, therefore it should not be put in.“ ?

In my book a little absurd. when the amount of problems it can fix is going to be much greater then the amount of players who might abuse it.

5 Likes

Didn’t say it couldn’t be put in. I said there were conditions that should be solved. So it is probably more absurd want the approach that was taken to try to prove my comment wrong on how people can already do the “bad” stuff when people can easily still do the “good” stuff you want.

For reference this is what I said about the feature:

Easily only if plot protection is off :joy: and not 1k plots

I saw what you said, and I say it is not likely to be able to design the function in such a way it can protect against abuse, since it is player made content that is being handled with, and programming an AI to some how stop the abuse before it happens, i say is out of the reach of any indy dev team.

I do not see how you can protect people other then the good old fashion Police system, Report abuse, and let the devs handle it.

Or do you have some creative way that can protect players automatically?

I don’t see how anything in what I have shared made you come to a conclusion that the answer would be something along an “automatic” process or that I would expect that. Plus this isn’t a one or the other type of conversation and no solution can solve everything with the current designs they have in place. There is more than enough options to cover and solve both sides of the equation.

In regards to my ideas? I’ve posted some in previous discussions. For this thread my first comment was really all I was wanting to share at this point. As I see ideas on how to solve some of the concerns I’ll comment more or maybe offer up some ideas I have.

Because you either have something designed to automatically happen, or you have something designed for a living human person to intervene, or a combination of the both. since you seem to reject the idea of just putting the function in and letting humans deal with the situation, then you must be wanting something that happens automatically or prevents something from happening, which yet again would be automatic.

That already happens. Lol. It happens more with just people WANTING to be mean or paranoid. I know one who keeps plotting in my city. Right @james ? I would love to transfer plots to myself of friends. That is all it needs to be. The first week in the game someone offered me coin for two plots when merika was being built. This game is about free market with of course following code of conduct AND having some integrity!