We’re considering a system where Beacons can be easily transferred from one player to another, and in the future from a player into their guild. Naturally this could also be expanded to include selling your Beacon for Coin.
We’re keen to allow players to be able to easily and safely sell their builds but it could create new dynamics within the Beacon system - namely:-
- Land Speculation - Plotting areas for no other reason other than to speculate on it being worth something in the future.
- Extortion - Intentionally plotting in a way that blocks another player with the intention of forcing that player to buy the plots off you.
There are already terms in the Code of Conduct to limit players from plotting with the sole intention of blocking other players.
We want to open this up to the community to see if functionality for easily selling Beacons is something that is desired? Please feel free to let us know what you think and answer these quick questions which will hopefully help us define an appropriate design:
Q1. Do you feel Land Speculation is a legitimate tactic?
- Yes - Land Speculation is a legitimate and fun tactic for earning Coin.
- No - Land Speculation would negatively affect my enjoyment of Boundless.
Q2. Do you feel Land Speculation is pay2win?
- Yes - Allowing beacons with no prestige to gain value by their location makes buying Plots pay2win!
- No - As Plots can be earned. Everyone can speculate!
Q3. Would you like to see a system in place where you can easily and safely transfer Beacons for Coin?
- Yes - Sell - I want to be able to easily sell Beacons for Coin.
- Yes - Transfer Only - I should only be able to transfer Beacons for free.
- No - Transferring Beacons will cause to many problems. Run away!