HELP - Griefing reports

Yeah say goodbye to large buildings… I spent days for my bridge-house already and 'am not even close to finish, and have lot of unused plots still. So dont worry just level up first. :wink:

1 Like

hey, just want to let you devs know ur awesome :D, looking forward to updates and stuff, this game is gonna explode! don’t give up and leave it, youll get stacked with all eh moneys from this amazing game :slight_smile:

My two coin on the matter:

• If I come across an abandoned area, and there are things I want, I’m likely going to take them. Part of the game is fueling your beacon and maintaining your builds. If you go away for such a long time that your beacon runs out and your land is open, you’re fair game.

There are exceptions to this. For example, I recently came across a massive build where many different people were contributing to it. As I was exploring around, I noticed that a large section of the build, right in the middle, wasn’t beaconed anymore and wasn’t owned by anyone. I could break the blocks and, man, there were a LOT of high-end blocks in it. However, I chose not to because it was blatantly obvious this was part of this very large build that was still active and it’s likely that a member of the community who originally built this area is no longer playing.

6 Likes

It’s nice to see you didn’t just take them… but I am wondering - Did you let those others that owned the build know so they could claim the spots? Or did you claim them so you could help with the build? If you leave things without a claim those plots could likely regen and it all would be gone.

1 Like

i hope husk was not talking about the hive

It was the hive (err… the borg) … all your bases belong to us…

*** not. the hive is safe.

Reading throughout this I can really only say one thing, I have to agree with @Dhusk. Arguably the most important thing to do is keep your beacon fueled. If it either A. Ran out of fuel or B. You never placed a beacon. I’m sorry but fair game my friend. Someone said something to the amount of “you wouldn’t do it in real life why do it here.” Well imagine your on a walk in the woods. Oh look a little run down shack. If I go in, investigate see it doesn’t seem to be owned or anyone has been there. You can bet your tiny hinny I’m going to take something if its cool, interesting, unique etc. But to wrap it up if its not beaconed, (unpopular opinion) I’m going to take stuff. BUT that doesn’t mean I am on the hunt for un beaconed areas

sniff sniff anyone else smell rotting corpse? This thread has zombie written all over it. @Havok40k/@james should we still be reporting griefing here or should another thread be created? Given the 9 months of silence followed by 5 months of silence, I’m certain the beacon system has changed and much of the history here was addressed… Am I right?

1 Like

My bad didn’t know this was super old, was just checking the forums and this was in the recent activity tab
My apologies

I mean, relevant is relevant regardless of age. I don’t mind a necro post if it brings new and valuable input to the thread. In this case, it seems valuable.

So. Really it comes down to a matter of personal morality. It’s nice that you didn’t take advantage of the plots of a clearly active build, but would you really be at fault if you did? I think this is where personal values and morals come in to play. Is the materials of that plot worth more than being know as a good person? That’s up for you to decide.

Even that may not apply. Most times when I come across a build there is no one around. If no one sees a person take the blocks, there is no negative consequence to the taker in terms of reputation. I’m guessing only the boldest would do it right beneath someone’s nose. Not to mention, if they were at all smart, they wouldn’t draw attention to nearby players that the beacon has run out of fuel, or they might A) refuel it so they can’t be taken anymore, or B) start taking the blocks that person wanted for themselves.

Of course, I’ve met plenty of people that wouldn’t be able to come to those conclusions on their own… so… yeah.

I’d like to report Wonderstruck for not letting me play another game or sleep for that matter :upside_down_face:. CRACK…

10 Likes

I tried to give a good friend a key for free the other day.

He told me stay away you digital crack peddler.

3 Likes

The other day I was bomb mining on Serp, deep underground. I met a player in the same underground region who repeatedly threw Terrain regeneration bombs at me. It seemed as though he was doing this so that the terrain regen would force me to the planet surface and out of the mine. I would have let it go as an ‘accident’ the first time, but as he did it twice (and on the second occasion I was already moving away from him) I feel like this should be raised; both as a game issue and as player griefing issue

Game issue: regen bombs will push you to the surface if there is no availible space for the character to move into.

Griefing issue: player used this exploit to remove me from the location they were mining, ruining my experience and wasting my time. I have filed an intake report under my username seanamh420.

Edit: spelling

3 Likes

What da hellicopter is going on here?
@Havok40k maybe we shall close this 3 year old thread?

I want to remind everyone to please not necro old posts, especially not with off-topic replies. Threads like this one exist to serve a specific purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.

1 Like

I provided a griefing report? Isn’t that the point?

Do the devs still read these?

Closing this as it’s highly outdated. Reporting is in game now, and that’s where all reports of bad behaviour should be.

2 Likes