HELP! Help us translate the new Reclaim system!

I offered to ‘help’ test the system tho! Still waiting for a reply, hmmm :joy:

Can’t wait to check this out on the test server. Possibly during spring break? :pray::grin:

Let’s keep this thread on track :blush:
relax

I
am
so
@!#^@#!@!
excited
right
now
holy
@!#%

4 Likes

wOIhQl355kxTlgVfhI

@Turrican2006

our family needs us…

“spueeze em up” means a shorter version of that word???

its a lil bit to early to activate my english skill… :slight_smile:

Any concern this will be used as a remote storage transfer? I.E. go mining and instead of having to return to home to empty out can just drop a beacon / storage bin and then go crazy filling storage… then when done mining just manually reclaim the beacon and go home and get the stuff out of reclaim when you have time.

If this is just accepted as what is going to happen then great, if not then may need to consider it.

I still think this is a spectacular addition and hopefully will save many rage quits, just checking on some of the feature details that if added… then removed later may cause a cry of nerf.

5 Likes

Don’t see why that’s so bad. And actually this can be done with the current system more or less. Put beacon and storage down, fill it up etc. Now open warp home then view beacon and make home, walk thru portal put stuff away, open warp to home, look at real home beacon set as home walk back to mine area rinse repeat

1 Like

Did not mean it was bad, but it might be different than the “intentional use” … I ask because of that the plot reservation system turned into when people started using it other than intended, then it had to be changed again. If its ok, then great, if its not what they intended then I would rather it be fixed prior to push to live at all.

2 Likes
  • RESUMEN • COMBUSTIBLE • PERMISOS • OPCIONES
  • RESUMEN • COMBUSTIBLE • RECUPERAR • PERMISOS • OPCIONES
    or
  • RESUMEN • COMBUSTIBLE • RECLAMAR • PERMISOS • OPCIONES

Both forms serve equally.

I am native Spanish. The most viable option would be “Recuperar”, because “Recuperación” would be too long for the interface.

2 Likes

This, this, this - great work, y’all! :smiley:

1 Like

Everything can be exploitable, everything. In this case, what would people exploit? I can come up with infinite storage system abuse, but its not affecting anything or anyone. Sales of storages go down? Who cares? LOL
Just remember one thing: Everyone pay 40$ for the game - almost AA title, these features are must. None should be punish, plenty of fun and careless should be.

3 Likes

How about, the so called “Ancient Ruins” => those Beta builds, became places to roam and looting.

1 Like

i like this idea. just only once a day. k? then it wouldn’t be abusive @Leahlemoncakes

I am not against it being used like this at all. I just want it to be established as “ok” from the get go if that is the case. I would prefer not to have another plot protection situation come up if possible is all.

1 Like

If this infinity storage feature is possible in the game, I think it will be nice to added to the beacon UI.
This is very helpful for players who want to move out from 1 place to another place.
Base on the current population, small to mid size of city/ town died very fast (Except some large city).
So players may need to move couple times to the active city.
However, Its a pain to take down a giant build without the blue print system.

So this infinity storage idea I think is more convenience when players want to remove the beacon at once and collect all the blocks at the same time.

Should be a good solution before the blue print system release.

*Note: I feel very hard to remove the projects I spent months to build, so when I tried to take it down, i give up in like 5 min lol. As result, if I can remove it by 1 click, i think I won’t get hurt that much for my feeling :sob:

6 Likes

@james
a possible German Translation:

INFO • FUEL • RECLAIM • PERMISSIONS • OPTIONS

AUSKUNFT - TREIBSTOFF - WIEDERGABE - ERLAUBNIS - AUSWAHL

Maybe a native german player would like to take a look at this to :+1::grinning:

1 Like

I feel "essence and “gaz” are more like for liquid fuel. To me it doesn’t fit what is used in boundless to fuel the beacon.

I thought about “Energie” but i feel maybe spark use that and doesn’t fit much for the meaning as fueling a beacon.

I guess “Combustible” would be the best but it’s longer than “Carburant”

1 Like

Well, “gaz” is certainly NOT liquid or solid if you actually think about it, it’s gas, it what old kitchen used to heat food and stuff. ^^’
The Fuel in Boundless is indeed more like a solid object that your burn like compacted wood, so indeed, “Combustible” is better.
And true, “Énergie” is certainly already being used for Spark. I play in english, so I’m not sure, but I heard from my friend that the translation is already a bit screwy as it is around Spark and Power.
The biggest issue I’d have with Essence lies with how much WoW I play, and there, “Essence” is a word more commonly used to define magical energy. ^^

I mean, the devs could shorten “Carburant” to “Carbu”, but I do feel like it wouldn’t be super professional. Then again, I see many games with far worse issues, like Deceit, where the translations don’t fit AT ALL and end-up being cut, and as a player, you read buttons with half the words missing. XD

2 Likes

@james does this mean beacon sniping will be a matter of the past or will this still happen?

This keeps the world fresh (removes beacon) and meanwhile makes it possible for players to come back and resume playing with some effort (rearranging their beacon again). Amazing idea. I might do it just to move bases and start fresh on a new world! I won’t feel sad the next time i see a build disappear. Amazing idea again devs!!

3 Likes