Help our newer players: what are things you buy repeatedly? List 10 or more items

What are the top 10 items (or more) you buy repeatedly? I’ll start the list off myself.

Remember to support small shops and new players by being lazy and buying stuff instead of making it, even if it costs more!

I hate to say this but maybe gem tools should have a little less durability now that gems are so common and cheap.

Lots of: (roughly in order)
Oort
Copper and iron ores
Starberry pie
Compacted coal
Gem chisels
Aoe gem hammers
Aoe gem shovels
Aoe gem axes
Single target t7 axes and shovels (gem and lucent)
Various colors of gleam and refined gleam
Sand and silty soil to make glass (I’d buy glass too but IMO it should cost 3c or less, maybe I’ll start selling it, haha)
New blocks and chests
power and speed brews

Smaller amounts of:
Iron Regen bombs
Warp and revive augments
Glues and sap
Bones
Ancient tech components
Petrolim and resin in small amounts
Glass panes
Marble
Mosaic
Teaching pie
Persistent pie

2 Likes

I’m mostly self sufficient, but when I do buy stuff it’s in no particular order:

bones
meat
ash
clay
mud
rough oort
iron ore
copper ore
high quality forged gem gear
forged titanium hammers/ axes/ shovels
pies
speed brews

1 Like

First off the #1 consumable in this game is Oortstone, I suggest new players join the official Discord and follow the looking for group channel or else follow the hunt announcement thread here on the forum. There are daily hunts which will net you 100-200 oortsone which can be sold for around 200c each.

I run a forging store so the items I am constantly buying are…

Spicy Beans,
Bitter Beans,
Shimmering Orb,
Shadow Orb,
Pulsating Orb
Inky Leaf,
Volatile Blood,
Hopper Eyes,
Spark Sac,
Raw Starberry (for making syrup)
Reactive Lamella
Roadrunner Feathers
Hopper Cores

Other items I buy are

Bones
Sap
Adrenal Glands
Fresh Vital Essence
Sand, Ash, Mud, Soils, Wood, Tangle
Glowing Lamella,
Cuttletrunk Trophy,
Mantle
Spitter Trophy.

Clearly hunting can be quite a valuable way to spend your time and it’s also a good qay to meet some new players and have a little fun.

2 Likes

Well thats mostly what i sell roughly (no oort, and no gear) also i see a lot of you mention copper and iron i guess its lets say common… i cant sell a 1000 of it in a week for a price of 4c each
Thats what im saying its ridiculous…
Also its not on a remote island 10000000 light years away… its on a decent place a lot of people come tru… i get a decent amount of footfall but no sale…

Edit: Thank you for the thread anyway man, ill keep this in mind. :smiley:

P.S. Im glad there is people like you and few more that are willing to help right away, even if its takin their own time to do things

I MUST SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU :smiley:

tell me where you at, and I’m gonna buy all your metal right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA i pulled it out of sale, since i was honestly starting to give up on the store…

I do have a basket. if I remember correctly, I’m buying iron bars for 5c (at legendville mall) I usually don’t go looking for it, just buy it when I see it and it’s under 4c

lol im at legendville so i never looked for request baskets there… hahahaah

You have copper and iron for 4? I’ll definitely check it out, I didn’t see it before though. I literally buy unlimited iron and copper. I have baskets at my tree buying 14,000 of each; baskets at my mall buying 14,000 of each; baskets at coin converters buying 14,000 of each and baskets at fireborn hunt lodge buying 42,000 of each

I pulled it out of sale since it didnt go well… also i took half of my store inv. and used it for crafting things, currently im doing a massive factory made for mass production of things, 20 of each crafting station (except forge) and 3000 power minimum on every machine

I started with buying lots of food couldn’t keep myself from dying from starvation all the time at the beginning

It takes at least a month after opening shop to really start seeing a flow of regulars.

You can also make good coin bargain hunting - buy underpriced stuff at remotely located shops (often you’ll have to run 500 or 1000m) and either resell it or sell it to baskets. I know a lot of people who do this.

1 Like

The point is i get a rly decent footfall considering its a new store and 0 in sales…

Not zero, I know I’ve bought stuff there :slight_smile:

Put your portal in your main room so people see the bulk of your goods right away IMO. You’re a handy shortcut portal in the mall :blush: also I’d add more lighting in there, it’s a little dim. A lot of people put latticed fairy lights over their shop stands.

1 Like

Since you mentioned “newer players”, these are the basic items that I find myself buying over & over. Sometimes it’s because I don’t have much time to play, sometimes it’s because I’ve run out of supplies, and sometimes it’s because I just don’t feel like making them lol:

Chisels (even basic stone ones)
Warp augments
Iron everything, sometimes other metals
Cooked yams & earthyam soup (yup, I still buy/use these basic items)
Basic timber (for various reasons)
Grass seeds
Nails
Cogs
Spark links

2 Likes

Well not total 0 but still its so slow i was like meh imma make something of these…

Also ty for the tips :smiley:

the base metals are always in demand and an easy and steady source of money for new players. even though I’m actively mining them, I still need more. when I log in, I’m putting down a bunch of baskets at every place I own :slight_smile:

When you’re starting out it can be easier to sell small items to baskets than to put the same items on shop stands.

Check out the bottom floor shop at my Ultima Tree, I buy all sorts of junk there :blush:

1 Like

I buy everything the I have all the workbenchs and 24 coils on them still don’t craft me a lazy cookie since day 1 Pfft Pfft Pfft

2 Likes

Yams? I dunno I got sick of the taste, and cooked meat is also super cheap.

Ironically I eat sweet potatoes a few times a week IRL.

4 Likes