Hidden event in folder titled "Heat Death"?

Looking through the folders of boundless I found one titled “timelimitedevents.json” (found at C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\discovery\assets\archetypes), that lists every event thus far.

Presumably the game uses this to know what to list what times to display the banners in game - at the bottom is an event called “HEAT_DEATH”, with a start an end time much larger then the others. Is this an easter egg refering to the heat death of the universe, or a potential future event?

13 Likes

well if its unix time stamps which the other ones appear to be that’s
Friday, January 1, 2100 12:00:00 PM to Saturday, January 1, 2101 12:00:00 PM

pretty sure im going to be dead by then, so for me that would totally be heat death

6 Likes

Let the count down commence. BOUNDLESS doomsday clock begins!

4 Likes

So you’re saying only 4166 weeks, 1 day, 15 hours, 19 minutes of boundless left?

8 Likes

Should be just enough time for me to complete my castle.

15 Likes

Or so the json prophecy says! Let the boundless superstitions take hold.

xT9IgptK5Vv6cCeLbG

4 Likes

@Vansten’s Prophecy”
Imgur

7 Likes

I’m ok with boundless lasting until the year 2100.

8 Likes

Uh oh, I wonder if the boundless sun is going to do this
14tIjuXfEsZHGg I0vCXroUbr1vy
2sddCIZRYfiPlNeLZn

3 Likes

That definitely wasn’t there a couple of months ago. Very interesting. Maybe it’s a hello Summer Event or an event that only happens on EXO’s

3 Likes

4166 weeks, 1 day, 14 hours, 59 minutes to go

Guys, I figured it out.

Friday, January 1, 2100 12:00:00 PM to Saturday, January 1, 2101 12:00:00 PM are arbitrary. The presence of this heat death json entry means they are going to heat death the boundless universe in preparation for Boundless patch 2.0. The digits 248 in the epoch date mean that release 248 will be the last 1.0 release and with it will come the blueprinting system where you can blueprint your builds.

Universe will be wiped, Boundless 2.0 will be pushed, builds can be instantly rebuilt via blueprinting once the servers are up.

Totally legit, guys. I promise.

22 Likes

Maybe it is caused by the titans. Maybe titans will rise up and attack the boundless universe.

Only one team to historically take down a titan. Might need them.

j2pWZpr5RlpCodOB0d

1 Like

No ideas About timers and stuff. But could it be the death of an exo Event?
As it is not showing as a Event banner like valintines?

Currently at Dev-HQ:
James: Who the heck has forgotten to extract the concept files from the live version data …
We will again have to deal with the next round of forum discussion and guessing about new developments in the game :thinking:

Leah, just make a nice story around it
We have not changed anything … :+1::+1:

5 Likes

I don’t see why some one on the internet would lie to me!

Or…
he put it there with a dummy date …as a sort of easter egg for someone to notice… and the devs get to be entertained by all of our guesses :crazy_face::rofl:

4 Likes

Eh, I think I’d prefer the Eternal Return or a Big Crunch to the Heat Death of the Boundless universe… reset beats complete oblivion! And if the Boundless universe is ballooning outwards, it follows then we will eventually have to pay more coin for warps. Drat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… Maybe we (well, or descendants) can escape into another universe? :thinking: Though perhaps before 2100, maybe virtual reality will have progressed far enough where we can more or less upload our consciousnesses into the simulation, to some extent at least… so maybe a few of us still around. Hmm.

3 Likes

I won’t be done with my builds though : (
I hope it’s a cool summer event though! Titans!

I think it’s just the inevitable heat death of the universe. The real one. I am ready. Bring it on.