Hitting a Wall: Fibrous Leaf Trouble + Yucca Plants

I’m so frustrated. :frowning: I’ve hit a complete wall. I’ve spent 2 hours today today looking for Yucca Plants just for Fibrous leaves. I’ve managed to get 6 in all enough for just two copper tools. :frowning: Where else can I find these leaves? The lack of these leaves makes me want to quit! :frowning:

5 Likes

Farming tree leaves works too

The drop rates isn’t pretty good either but i think its more effective than looking for Yucca.

Try to find a lush marsh biome where there’s many leaves over the ground.

1 Like

Home worlds dessert biome have a lot of yucca. Try there. Good luck!

2 Likes

Even with reduced recipe cost, it seems these are still too uncommon for such a low tool. Could the drop rate be boosted a little bit?

8 Likes

I hadn’t even realised they were needed for iron and copper tools until about ten minutes ago when I went to make some spare iron axes.

I went to the workbench with the mind of setting a little mass craft going before some sleep, and noticed that it wanted 8 sackcloth and 8 glue, so instead I’ve set those going and the actual tools can wait.

I feel like there’s a step missing for copper/iron tools, like there should be something more accessible than the sackcloth/fibrous leaves stage.
Maybe all those flowers laying about could be cut down for a ‘basic fibrous matter’ for the low level tools.

I don’t know, just something feels off :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Try Inky Plants too. Poweful axe, mow down tree/bush leaves, every Inky plant you see and the Yucca. You will have a better harvest. Also add a Fibrous Leaf to your Altas (will highlight Yuccas) and follow accordingly. It works!

What they really need to do is make the fibrous plants be the nodes where the fibrous leaves come from. They are plentiful and easy to see, so getting this base material would not be as tedious.The sackcloth requirement for everything mixed with the limited amount of fibrous leaves is really hurting the economy.Pretty much every store I come by now is sold out of everything, especially tools!

1 Like

It is quite easy farm leaves right now if you build huge tower from foliage (tree leaves) and harvest it down and repeat it. Same time you get also chance to get berries and you can repeat same method to trunks to get sap and bark. Putting points to luck should increase rate of extra drop. This way might by little bit shady and boring way to collect those :wink: but it might be right now fastest way to collect leaves when needed.
I would like to see some sort of foliage to leaves recipe for stable way of gaining leaves because I think that nodes aren’t common enough right now.

2 Likes

Okay, i will spread the Word of Incredible Fibrious Grind Speed if you use Diamond Axes + Energising Risotto and Farm the Swamps that have Foilage on the Ground. You should have 300 Leaves after the Axes got down (with max luck).

2 Likes

Remind me what Energizing Risotto does? I should probably get my hands on some.

If i got it right, it boosts your Energy Recovery like crazy… I don’t had to stop working while on Risotto xD

2 Likes

Oooh, dang. That would be lovely. :smiley:

1 Like

If people are struggling to make basic tools then I doubt they’ll have diamond ones to hand to get the fiberous leaves they need in the first place.

7 Likes

Sure, i too don’t made them by myself :wink:

I don’t understand why anyone would buy gem tools to harvest low end materials so they can make low end tools!

5 Likes

Cause you can sell half of the Leaves to get your investment back. You’ll also get about 1500 Starberries and 4500 Foilage that can be sold aswell :wink:

4 Likes

How much does a gem tool cost? … plus I guess you need the relevant skills to use it effectively

You need about 4k Coins for an Diamond Axe and get about 19k back, if you sell everything for the worst price i saw.
Yes you need Axe Mastery 4, but i think THAT is the Point right now… i think that we get pushed a little to establish a market. High Levels Farm Leaves, that Newbs can then buy cheap to get their tools and so on :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My main character is skilled up for mostly mining and exploring but my alt is only level 40 so still some more skill points to get for him … i might give your idea a go when I get enough points :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated. Hitting Lush Foliage seems the way to go. I get around 6-9 leaves once my Copper Axe breaks. It’s a bit underwhelming but definitely better then trying to find Yucca Plants. Ill just continue doing that.

Thanks again!

2 Likes