Hitting a Wall: Fibrous Leaf Trouble + Yucca Plants

No Problem Mate, but don’t forget to raise your Luck, then you get like 5x your Loot :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We made a small change to the recipe recently to reduce the need for Fibrous Leaves, but I don’t think it’s fixed the issue. I’ll take another look and see what we can do, maybe increasing the drop rate would be the next step.

12 Likes

Or just increasing the amount of plants that drop it. Maybe swap that with the frequency that i see those useless red flowers that are EVERYWHERE that just drop the same ugly red flower.

3 Likes

Increasing drop rate could work! I had just a run to gather some fibrous leaves and it’s frustrating to not get 1 fibrous leaf from 4 yucca plants in a row considering how sparse they are. :sweat_smile: (I have Luck Bonus II)

Some of my feedback while gathering these rare resources :stuck_out_tongue:

1. I hated how abundant these decorative flowers are but these useful plants are very sparse (or I’m just on the wrong biome)
  2. Putting fibrous leaf on Atlas give you a very underwhelming result. You’ll have proof that they really are not that many…(Solum)
  3. I understand that we want to give it a value by making it quite rare but as we have seen, it’s currently not working. IMHO, in a span of time, we should be able to gather the same amount (or something close) of Iron/Copper Ore and Fibrous Leaf. They, to me, are of the same tier in terms of resources. The current situation makes us look at our inventory with a lot of idle iron/copper because we can’t gather fibrous leaf at the same rate and then the feeling of “fibrous leaf rarity issue” sinks in.

PS: I’ve visited those big glowing green dots and didn’t find any yucca plants! The hunt is on and I’m left searching on random places without much green dots to find non-harvested yucca plants. So there is that hehe.

5 Likes

One other thing is maybe to tint the plant more to vary with the grass they’re often found in, and also to distinguish it more from (I think it’s) Flower 2.

5 Likes

If you think the risotto is good, you should try some of my bread or (soon) pies :wink:

3 Likes

Aaah, don’t call it ugly! It’s beautiful on the inside!
Jokes aside, the flowers that drop themselves are technically terrain generated, not surface resource generated, so they can’t be used to drop a resource like fibrous leaves.

Ahh fair enough. Heh i mostly said that because i see them everywhere and its practically the most frequent flower i see and its useless to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have been trying some of the new recipes and found fibrous leaves are a bottleneck when trying to craft low to mid lvl tools, foods, and more… and compact silt is currently used in no recipes. I think I would like leather used in gem recipes, mostly because it sounds stronger… I have max luck, just imagine trying these recipes at lvl 1 …

3 Likes

Btw. Description still says it’s used to craft glass. So either they forgot to change it or maybe we will hv some hardened glass in future? If the first is true compact silt can make an ingredient in some new recipes.

I get it. I was there to. Sell coal. Buy copper/iron tools.
For me I think the big problem is, its very boring to farm certain materials.
Pretty much most of above ground materials should get another look over.

I find Ore very enjoyable to farm. Travel to different planets for different gems. Dig down and find a dark cave and swing around, build bridges, avoid or kill cuttletrunk hidden inside somewhere. Its very enjoyable.

Above ground materials need something to make it more enjoyable. Maybe NPC plant aliens that come alive and than you shoot it to stun them, wack it with your axe and they drop bonus loot. Wider range of Safe prey in general. Like birds that hang out in trees.

For sure diamond axe with persisting or energizing food is the best way to get leaves atm. I got 300 in a length of a persisting loaf buff (30 min?) with max luck. But this method Is very boring and shallow. For people that want a more hands on engaging experience. Having more enjoyable engaging activities above ground that yields reward would be fantastic. I know they are doing this with meteors which is definitely not meant for starting/noncombat players. Plan some fun safe stuff on starter planets as well and make harvesting plants more enjoyable in some way.
Its also easy to get a diamond axe as a new player when there are shops set up already. Just mine some coal. Sell it. Buy diamond axe and persisting food so it wont break so fast. Very easy. Play smart. (I got this game 2 weeks ago)

Im all for leather as a replacement for heigh tier tools.
also other suggestions:
-X amount of foliage in extractor to make fibrous leaf.
-X amount of logs in extractor to make sap.
-X amount basic berrys+yams+tallow+salt in the mixer for some kinda basic nutrient brick food that doesn’t need to be cooked to be effective and No bags of ’ x ’ required
-Basic ‘special’ ammo for the sling-bows. Maybe using flint because that stuff is everywhere.

1 Like

I keep watching people complain about lack of fibrous leaves. I don’t get it. I sometimes throw them away to make room for things I need. I got over forty yesterday on my hunter and have something like 500 sitting in a stack on a shelf. Are people just not looking on starter planets or what? As soon as the plants existed I started collecting what dropped even though I had no idea what they were good for. I just assume things drop if there is a current or planned purpose, so, I collect. Maybe thats why I have so many I throw them away at times. So far I haven’t been using them hardly ever. So, they just keep collecting.

2 Likes

FYI, keep your eyes open. Not all yucca are showing on the atlas. I just loaded one, curious of this topic. I have found a dozen yucca’s on the way to the little green dot indicated on the atlas.

1 Like

It’s not super hard to collect them if you allot time gathering (but mass crafting low tier tools still require some time). However, the issue aggravates when you compare them to the rate you acquire iron/copper then you’ll somehow feel that this fibrous leaves bottlenecks your progression of creating tools.

Currently, I find copper and ores to be too easy to gather. I always have lots and lots of unused ores. Maybe we could decrease it a little bit OR increase fibrous leaves drops/instances so they would be on par in terms of the rate you gather them.

4 Likes

The lack of fibrous leaves is when mass crafting, they are needed for oats,rice,wheat, baking powder, sugar. Cotton, not mentioning tool recipes. If I had 1000 of them I could probably burn through them in an hour crafting.

2 Likes

Come to Grump Store (portal from Moebius Plaza on Therka) and sell them to me :wink:
There’s a request basket there, or if you’d be interested in regular sales I’ll happily give you a preferential rate.

Having a similar issue with bones since I lost all my main base with all my good slingbows. Its been a slog to try and get back to just self sufficiency and this change to the recipes has made it so much worse.

How many do you need? I’ll give you some bone, or alternatively some slingbows to get you going.

I may have to start selling fibrous leaves… I’ve got a thousand.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, what’s your price :thinking: