Hitting a Wall: Fibrous Leaf Trouble + Yucca Plants

I’ll get back to you on that. I’ve got a lot of grain to process before I start selling surplus.

1 Like

My price has been and will continue to be higher than other competitors at the price of 48c each. Willing to auction these off unless you want to give preferential treatment to any others. :wink:

2 Likes

I currently have set up a request basket for 49 :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Will hand trade for 60 per :wink:

Edit: Basket changed too. Hit us with your best shots!

3 Likes

You are choking out the small business with your monopoly.

How will I feed my Oortlings… And pay Vulpto rent… AC is so expensive this time of the year in Vulpto…

6 Likes

What is being crafted that require these so much?

I am not sure why Fibrous is so hard. I have been just running around a bit and seem to come across the plants frequently and have a decent amount now. Make sure you are visiting planets that don’t have a lot of people.

The short answer is cooking. Mainly because you need sack cloth to process the seeds, and often you need multiple types of seeds or oats. Even sugar. So that adds up to many, many sack cloth bags. You can’t reuse the bags, so you end up burning through leaves. That, and creating tools requires cloth for the handles.

2 Likes

Either is welcome. Ill need a ton of bone for glue and eventually bonding agent for mining, which is my main focus, but any metal or better slingbows will help me as well so I can get going on self sufficiency. I have some compact silver i cant use for much anymore if you want some. XD

No problem - let me know when you’ll be online and I’ll meet you.

Where is your basket at that your buying at 49?

1 Like

Foiled again^ Curse you Rumply!!! :heart:

Don’t under estimate the power off the money_mouth_face!!!

I will have to use this well thought out marketing strategy moving forward.

1 Like

Chivlet, that isn’t going to change ever. Even if this game has a million active players. It won’t change.

1 Like

He did not mean to imply anything about it needing or wanting it to change. He was answering xaldafaxs question on one comment and joking about monopolies in another.

Gathering enough Yucca plants isn’t hard once you know the trick. First, roam a starter world or one you know there are a lot of forest/plain areas. Second, have as high luck as you can especially if you are on a higher level world. Third, set your foliage detail to as low as possible. That way you can actually see them instead of blindly wandering around in tall grass for hours and walking right past them fifty times.

3 Likes

but they spawn aplenty in the dessert biomes so no grass blocking view there

apart from home worlds, Andoweem is one I know of that have dessert areas and I love roaming there for yucca, cactus and also those rocky formations

2 Likes

Not really, because even if buying fibrous at 48 that means 148 per cloth, add that to the other mats + coal for smelting and your days of getting copper tools for near 60 a piece are numbered.

Sly has a very high price for fibre - sellers locve that. This puts coin on the market and is good for trade all round, however will reflect in selling prices of items that use it.

If I feel I could grind for fibrous and it would be less expensive (time value) than buying at that price, I should rather gather my own to be able to undercut him on sales.

If the grind is too much however, then that price is a fair reflection of the effort it takes to gather and is market driven…

So either someone will be willing to sell tons of fibre for cheaper (unlikely) and drive down sly’s price, or people will farm fibrous like deamons.

1 Like